Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh, right I drew this too while I was working on the thing from last page:
potatoes_at_sunrise_by_thestrifeisrife_de1c6nm-fullview.jpg

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
When you asked me for feedback, my main criticism was that your images were too dark. I'm glad that you're giving scenes with natural light a chance again.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
My natural impulse is always to go dark for some reason. I'm glad you got me to move away from that here. This picture wouldn't look so good if not for your advice, thank you.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So I communicate in protomen lyrics, and you communicate in Deadpool gifs. Got it.

Okay fine you got me I was always a pervert. I just don't draw it that often lol. That said, I was looking at my old stuff and found a vaguely similar picture I did in 2015. It was album art for a wacky mix tape my friend made for the 2 hour drive to the anime con we were going to:
Momomix2015.jpg
and also a Tifa I did back then too:
Tifa.jpg

God damn, my eyes want to bleed. At least I got better at shading in the past five years...

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
BOOB!

I mean, it's so perfectly eggplant-shaped that it makes my flat chest scream in jealousy.
Also, it's Ancient Greece. They used to be eating grapes and seeing things while melting in the sun.

Is it a snake in the background? It looks very suspicious.

And I have to admit I love the way the strokes can be seen in all of your drawings. They add so much depth and texture.

Also, did I say boob? Yeah. An eye-catcher.

Oh, there's also a cat...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
BOOB!

I mean, it's so perfectly eggplant-shaped that it makes my flat chest scream in jealousy.
Also, it's Ancient Greece. They used to be eating grapes and seeing things while melting in the sun.

Is it a snake in the background? It looks very suspicious.

And I have to admit I love the way the strokes can be seen in all of your drawings. They add so much depth and texture.

Also, did I say boob? Yeah. An eye-catcher.

Oh, there's also a cat...
"Eggplant shaped." That's a good descriptor lol. Sorry for unintentionally inciting boob envy.

The characters are from a series called "Girls last Tour." The snake looking statue is from that too, I thought it would be fun to hide it in there. Drawing characters in other contexts is interesting.

I enjoy that you spent the time refining those two pillars in the upper right. That’s a lot of work that could easily go unnoticed BUT I SEEN’T IT. My only complaint is how the pillars aren’t fully supporting the roof. Surely this is not a thing in actual architecture?

EDIT: Well I'll be damned :wacky:

I’m not the person to have hang-ups about geometry in art, but my pet peeve is when people draw Cloud’s Buster Sword handle as way too short. It amazes me how high quality a picture can be and then the artist forgets to have the handle be a proper length. So you have my respect for doing the Buster Sword handle justice way back when. :monster:

Yuuri as the ancient hedonist is so appropriate.

Glad to see you’re still working with conveying all these layers of depth: Zooming from horizon to city walls, nanomachine-god-snek, garden, pillars, tree, people and sofa. The golden patterns of the sofa does not go unnoticed!
Boob be praised and all but it’s a relief that your main focus was on doing the details justice. Some of your breast work.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
My only complaint is how the pillars aren’t fully supporting the roof. Surely this is not a thing in actual architecture?
This is, in fact, an actual thing in greek architecture. A certain cat made me very aware of that while I was working on it, I actually had it all the way under originally. I probably over did it with how far it sticks out though.
Some of your breast work.
Shademp you're my favorite. Boobs don't always have to be sexual, I did it to convey Yuu's lax personality compared to Chii. I say this fully aware of that Tifa drawing up there lol.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I like the sky a lot. And the grapes look juicy and tasty. And that boob too. No wait that sounded weird.

Boobs don't always have to be sexual, I did it to convey Yuu's lax personality compared to Chii.
It's so like her, just laying there eating grapes while her boob hangs out of her robe without a care in the world. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom