• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Merchandise (Unofficial/Unlicensed)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I guess I can't really judge the thing until it actually exists and isn't just a concept render. I just hope for the sake of the people who want it that they release images of a prototype physical model before it releases. At the moment I don't have much choice but to view the released screenshots of the render as representative of the final product.

Edit: I guess just to make it clear, I don't think the final product will look that different. They're expecting people to preorder based on this image, so chances are itll look basically the same. I just can't say for sure until it's actually out.

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Slowly but surely making my way downtown through all of these dang statues.

Exquisite Studio Tifa

Release date: September 2020

Approx. $469 (not including shipping).

Fanatic Anime Store

The same statue on Favor GK is $594 (not including shipping) so I'm unsure how prices are being calculated.

S__27342.1589027469.jpg

SS__57546.1589027469.jpg

SSSSSSS__14404.1589027469.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's an incredibly well done statue..

But holy shit.

Did she just roll out of bed, throw on a t-shirt, have only one clean thong in her drawer, no clean bras at all, and just go "fuck it?" :monster:

A 100% lewd and action statue. Interesting combo.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Without a doubt, the most fan servicey Tifa statue I've seen to date. I won't bother posting more pictures, just this one is enough.

Dragon Studio

X__83138.1600180977.jpg

The EX version of the statue actually comes with a statue of child Tifa and I don't even know what I can say about this other than I feel nasty for looking at it. And that's the more tame of the pictures.

XXXXX__87260.1600180976.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
....What the fuck are they doing?!

What the hell even is going on with that statue's clothes? It's not even clever with how it strips Tifa of her clothes to expose her body, they just have the outfit doing random nonsense to ride up and expose her tits.

Like. Did she just try to flash her enemy and then suddenly go, "Fuck it, I'll fight you instead of flash you?" She bought a child's sized skirt, raised it up and is doing the most bizarre fucking pose that looks nothing like a conceivable battle pose. And her proportions are wrong. Like fucking dead wrong. She looks like a woman out of One Piece.

....And they include a loli Tifa statue for good measure. Goddamn this planet. I hate that it's hentai statues for FFVII women all the way down.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Slowly but surely making my way downtown through all of these dang statues.

Exquisite Studio Tifa

Release date: September 2020

Approx. $469 (not including shipping).

Fanatic Anime Store

The same statue on Favor GK is $594 (not including shipping) so I'm unsure how prices are being calculated.

S__27342.1589027469.jpg

SS__57546.1589027469.jpg

SSSSSSS__14404.1589027469.jpg
I think is the most I’ve seen them blatantly lean into Tifa’s Remake sex appeal (instead of just letting it kinda speak for itself), and the runner up is not even close. I would never get it, but I do have to admit it’s pretty alluring.

Without a doubt, the most fan servicey Tifa statue I've seen to date. I won't bother posting more pictures, just this one is enough.

Dragon Studio

X__83138.1600180977.jpg

The EX version of the statue actually comes with a statue of child Tifa and I don't even know what I can say about this other than I feel nasty for looking at it. And that's the more tame of the pictures.

XXXXX__87260.1600180976.jpg
At least the first one is just her normal outfit that just happens to be positioned in a revealing way. This second one is totally contrived, makes it a lot less appealing. It’s rather silly, in fact. (The base is really cool though)

The third one should be illegal, but that’s a discussion for another time. Otaku culture really is horrible in a lot of ways, which is why any of these are sexualized to begin with. It seems like sexualized figures are the only ones that sell.

And wait, these are all unlicensed? How are they getting past Square?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I just can't understand how out of all of the popular character and creative creature designs that exist in FFVII, we're just gettin' tits and ass, all day every day. It's just Tifa's tits and Aerith's ass all the way down.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Otaku culture, through and through.

This is my first time seeing FFVII-R T&A figures, but judging from your words, it sounds like the unlicensed ones all go in that direction?

They especially don’t fit Aerith, IMO.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I just can't understand how out of all of the popular character and creative creature designs that exist in FFVII, we're just gettin' tits and ass, all day every day. It's just Tifa's tits and Aerith's ass all the way down.
It's because there are sad sack otakus out there willing to blow the money on it. I'd buy a statue of Safer Sephirtoh or something, but those aren't on the market. T&A sells.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aside from 1 group statue, most of the Remake unlicensed statues I've seen have been mostly Tifa, and then Aerith.

And naturally, that means they're all T&A. :monster:

I'm just shocked, you don't see this shit with other franchises. It's as if VII-R is a victim of it's own high def graphics and good looks, lol

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
2E5BB58C-F318-4F57-9FD2-D54F14144849.png(I just had to resurrect a meme that’s more dead than JENOVA)

Aside from 1 group statue, most of the Remake unlicensed statues I've seen have been mostly Tifa, and then Aerith.

And naturally, that means they're all T&A.:monster:

I'm just shocked, you don't see this shit with other franchises. It's as if VII-R is a victim of it's own high def graphics and good looks, lol
And it’s only appropriate Tifa has the T and Aeris has the A, I guess. :shifty:

I’m now suddenly tempted to look into how feasible it is to 3D print things. We have access to all the models from Remake, and given my 3D art experience...theoretically I could make them 3D-print friendly, and make some goddamn normal, non-otaku doujin statues of the cast.

...This is all just random thinking out loud without much substance, but it’s still fun to think about.

Xinda

Memento Mori
It's incredibly difficult as a beginner from what I've seen to do 3D printing. The 3D printing requires lots and lots of sanding down to get it smooth enough to paint. That alone takes a long time to do since the 3D printing tends to be rather... prickly, I guess is the best way to put it. Lots of "strands/loose ends" depending on the pose. Especially since you want to make sure it's balanced or has a secure BG that'll allow it to lean on without looking awkward.

Then there's the painting. I've seen a few artists go between airbrushing and hand-brushing.

3D printers + the material + all the painting aspects tend to make the base price pretty high.

All things considered, you probably could maybe do a collab with someone who's familiar with printing/painting while you do the modeling/rendering.

Considering all the work/effort/materials, you'd probably have to charge pretty high to make any profit, though. I could be mistaken, but that's at least from what I've seen in non-in-depth research. (I've thought about it before, years ago, for other series. I know you weren't too serious, but I guess I couldn't help myself).

On the plus: You'd get to make a figure that's not pure "sex sells" style and potentially get people to buy it since the series is lacking in the ladies that aren't just "here's an alt where they're naked, too!"

Oh, right - I also have no clue how people "get away" with making these statues and not have the companies go after them outside of not selling endless supplies. Or maybe the country location? I don't know if any of them use models from their respective series or do it from scratch either.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Yeah, the sanding needed to get rid of the honeycomb-ridge look is insane; makes me wonder if people have to make their printed mesh slightly thicker than they actually want it. On things like characters, the surfaces seem really hard to sand evenly, as well. In addition, the poses are somewhat limited to the angles 3D printing can get to (no overhangs, etc) and some might need temporary support structures when printing.

I remember seeing this tutorial a decade ago, one that makes it seem not so out of reach. (....which also happens to be a T&A figure) People who use 3D printing for figures tend to have more success when they use 3D printing to make the mold rather than the final product - and in this guy’s case, it comes out totally smooth from going that route. It also seems like hiring a company that’ll handle 3D printing for you is the ideal route, as they have access to printers the layman wouldn’t have. (Or could afford!) The last time I was at an expo in the before-COVID times, I got the business card of one that seemed really good...

My guess is that these are sculpted from scratch.
Otherwise, my goals would be to just make two or three figures (or even just one), not intend to make a profit or business on any of them. As for how I’d use the Remake models as a base, in short, I’d definitely need to sculpt custom, non-plane based hair and remove any other plane-based portions of their models. Then make them higher-poly, pose ‘em and split them up into parts like the above tutorial.

Thanks for the enlightening and detailed post! It certainly got my mind thinking more realistically.

Top Bottom