• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XVI

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
World of Final Fantasy would obliterate that entire article's premise given how they tell such a compelling and humorous story with the twins.

Nevermind Lann being a himbo, Reynn establishes herself as quite a powerful and important main character, along with Tama and the character development they go through is... Some of the best in the series. Not to mention how they do the WoFF versions of the main FF characters. Articles like those are divorced from reality based on the lack of actual experience and knowledge of the series they're trying to critique.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh those fools. They don't think FFXVI is going to have any party system? Ha, it won't even have any gameplay! It'll be a 20 hour CGI movie! Male main character, no women? NAH FAM, this fucking thing is the main character
Capture.JPG
hello
Half the dialogue is unintelligible grunts
Notctis only appears in the first scene
guest starring Gackt as his voice
that'll be 80€, assholes
fuck you

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
No no no no you guys don't get it. The Malboro is the costar. Just as goblin lad is about to be killed by nonctis he is saved by Malboro, who eats anime boy. It's a 20 hour swamp buddy comedy. The Malboro is voiced by Morgan Freeman. It's basically just Shrek but much longer.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
No no no no you guys don't get it. The Malboro is the costar. Just as goblin lad is about to be killed by nonctis he is saved by Malboro, who eats anime boy. It's a 20 hour swamp buddy comedy. The Malboro is voiced by Morgan Freeman. It's basically just Shrek but much longer.

Is this the official pitch for Final Fantasy: XV(ore)II?

maxresdefault (3).jpg

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I've played till Stormblood. If I could go back in the past and had the choice to "watch", I would play it again anyway.

I just don't want to pay for internet and other costs of it. If it was a one time cost, and I didn't need internet, I wouldn't mind.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I need to stop looking at the FFXVI articles that show up on my feed. I feel bad giving clicks to shit like this:

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-16-party-system/

"Even if there does end up being other characters that adventure with the protagonist, it seems that they won't be a major focus."

Man, who needed more Lunafreya when we've got fucking oracles like this.

I really believe these kinds of people don't care about the content of what they put out. They just want the clicks

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I just don't want to pay for internet and other costs of it. If it was a one time cost, and I didn't need internet, I wouldn't mind.
If you want to play just for the story, there's a free trial going on. I've always renewed my subscription to enjoy the main content then backed off to wait for the next update, repeat. Doing like this you will be paying 4 months a year (12 bucks/m) + expansions every 2 years. It's not much, especially considering the amount of content provided.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
If you want to play just for the story, there's a free trial going on. I've always renewed my subscription to enjoy the main content then backed off to wait for the next update, repeat. Doing like this you will be paying 4 months a year (12 bucks/m) + expansions every 2 years. It's not much, especially considering the amount of content provided.

I might check it out then. Thanks!

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I imagine things went something like this:
"Write fifteen articles today or you're fired"

"But sir, we have no meaningful details to analyse..."

"You heard me. And make it controversial."

Sadly, I haven't found a way to make people pay me for analysis yet.

Edit: Also, I'm interested in this Malboro game

Last edited:

Fade

SHR
As someone somewhat immersed in the world of online content on a professional level, I can confirm that the term "clickbait" is absolutely literal. The bulk of all content written online isn't intended to inform, but to create content for content's sake with the intention of ranking on Google (a process called Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO). Many, many writers have next to no knowledge on the topic they write about; they'll simply echo the first three Google results from their "research". If you're looking for value in anything written by a non-authoritative source, you're gonna be disappointed. In fact, a lot of sites don't even write their own content--they'll white-label it from outsourced writers, publishing it under their own brand.

By the way, it's for this reason that you should never take advice from a random article you find online in response to a Google search. If it's from a site with no real authority, it's worthless and was probably knocked together in an hour by an underpaid writer for the sake of SEO.

So there you go, bit of an insider's perspective, for you.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
thank you all for coming to the wedding of my son and his beautiful bride, it has been such a wonderful day

from the day i first laid eyes on him on that ultrasound image, my son has been a terrible blight upon my life who has filled me with disgust every waking moment since and even in my dreams i find no reprieve

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
In the end it's less about how long development actually takes and more about how the public perceives that time. Announcing FFVIIR in 2015 and KH3 in 2013 was a mistake, because it felt like it took forever for them to come.

Top Bottom