• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX - 0.5 left to go

Lex

Administrator
What difficulty were you on? Even on regular he's lethal but it becomes a straight up massacre on Proud and above.

I was on Proud (still am, just levelling a bit and finishing up some collections and battles before I finish the game and move on to BBS <3). I'm still a bit annoyed by that Roxas fight because although I felt relief when I beat it, I didn't feel satisfied in the same way as I did when beating some of the other org members. Learning the timing of block/ reflect helps to be sure, but you're still at the mercy of his completely unknowable attack/ combo patterns. I felt like my win was at least partially luck based, because I just went ham with the dual keyblades whenever the triangle context menu deigned to appear :/

Roxas is definitely the toughest regular boss in the game. And then it gets worse in the data battles. :monster:
I don't know why they made the story version so hard though. I feel the emotional impact this is supposed to have is undermined when you inevitably get frustrated because the game's difficulty suddenly and unexpectedly spiked up 300%.

I mean, I consider you the KH guru so this at least helps me to feel vindicated. I was actually worried about being judged for complaining about how difficult it is, but then I googled the fight before making my post and saw that it's a universal problem.

In a narrative sense the difficulty of the fight totally makes sense. In gameplay? Pfft. Though the one thing I really like about it is that your level doesn't really matter (though dodge roll certainly helped me avoid those bullshit orbs).

I don't get frustrated by the fact I took damage for messing up, but I do get frustrated that the game has the extra punishment of wasting your fucking time for no reason.

This is exactly it. I don't mind mis-timing something and getting hit (although I will maintain that blocking is an extreme skill in this game), but being locked into 10-15 seconds of hits afterwards I just roll my eyes and huff. The thing that annoys me most is the end when you slow fall back to the ground and take 700 years to stand up again with NONE OF YOUR BUTTONS WORKING. Then, particularly with the Roxas fight, even though I had BOTH Second Chance and Once More equipped, I literally did not have time to even cast cure (with Leaf Bracer!), use a potion OR block before he hit me again and killed me. Normally it was the laser beams that follow him. How the fuck are you meant to dodge all that after perfect blocking 3 times during his big combo. Ridic.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, if you already have carpal tunnel, you probably should either get some ice ready or just skip it because it's fucking garbage and I'm not exaggerating, I had to take breaks. As in pause the game and stop in the middle of the fight to let my hand rest because it was so tired from spamming the square button. I hated it.

Like, I have a very weird relationship with BBS. I love that game so much, but it's optional bosses are so fucking ass and I have no idea why I even tried to beat them on the PS4. I mean, I did it, and I guess that's just the completionist in me but it's as bad as Bizkit says. Maybe worst.

The Unknown is best beaten as Aqua, however Ventus can manage the challenge..

But Terra is basically the 9th Circle of Hell in terms of fighting this guy.

You will need to dodge roll non-stop through the entirety of the fighting. Literally. That's not an exaggeration or statement meaning "dodging a lot." You will need to continuously, non-stop, every moment of the fight when you're not attacking, being performing dodges. Because the attacks the Unknown performs are unpredictable, and unblockable. There is no safety and no way of being able to react in time for most of his attacks, meaning you have to rely on invincibility frames to survive. There's absolutely zero pattern save for certain attacks of his becoming available and/or combining as his HP goes down. He can literally do anything. No fight is ever the same because it's seemingly shuffled each fight. Some fights he may be chill and do his slowest most easily telegraphed attacks. Others, he may just come at you like you killed his cat. It just depends on his mood :monster:

...And then he becomes invisible. Just straight up invisible. No way of seeing where he is on the map unless you see the attacks he performs. So you're just attacking in the general direction of where you think he is with Surge type of attacks in hopes of connecting and ending the fight.

Oh, and if you combo him with too many hits, he'll either put up a shield that turns the hits you deal him into HP recovery or he'll straight up rewind time to exit the combo, undo the damage and then counter you hard. This is why you cannot rely on actually attacking him. You just have to spam Thunder Surge. It's the only attack that deals a great amount of damage, does not initiate a counter, and leaves you invincible as you attack and gives you safety to dodge after you do it.

I'm serious, it's a garbage ass fight and completely the worst optional boss in Kingdom Hearts history. I hate it and will never fight it again.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While I enjoyed KH well enough, I never got particularly good at it, and as such never attempted higher difficulties (and after a few attempts at Sephiroth in KH2 packed that in). This all makes me concerned about my HD replay of KH2 that I haven't gotten back to in a long time as I've yet to ever do the Roxas fight.
And, embarrassingly, in KH3 I feel like I only recently got a feel for how useful blocking can be :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
While I enjoyed KH well enough, I never got particularly good at it, and as such never attempted higher difficulties (and after a few attempts at Sephiroth in KH2 packed that in). This all makes me concerned about my HD replay of KH2 that I haven't gotten back to in a long time as I've yet to ever do the Roxas fight.
And, embarrassingly, in KH3 I feel like I only recently got a feel for how useful blocking can be :wacky:

The game is still a joy pretty much start to finish (I literally just finished, the credits are playing as I type this) but your concerns are not unfounded :monster:

You'll manage it for sure. I did. There isn't even really anything you can do to prepare for it, so I wouldn't worry about it until you get there.

Also bullshit btw: the last wave of nobodies in the cavern of remembrance >_>

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh God, that final wave of 'roided out Nobodies was horrifying and hilariously awesome. I legit dug into my stash of Elixirs and Megalixirs for that one. That was a fight for survival. Final Form put in work there too.

LOL that whole infiltration was the equivalent of a secret boss fight. You need to go all out for that one.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I didn't find many of the data battles that hard on critical...Axel and Xemnas were the worst for me. KO within seconds. Limit form helped me a lot because it gives you a free heal when you form change.

Mushroom XIII are pretty hard though, still haven't done all of those.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Lol it's funny to see people still getting frustrated with Roxas... I hate that fight so much. I hated it even more than people defend it and say it's a good fight, "you just have to learn it."...like okay this isn't Cuphead, alright? Most of KH bosses you can fumble your way through, and yes even though the combos are long and you take damage for like 10 seconds, you'll have time to cure. With Roxas you don't. It's way too unforgiving and people saying it's easy "just learn it" How is that even advice?

As for Bizkit... if you mean Bizkit047 I'm an avid watcher of his streams and I've been subbed to him for almost 40 months. I even hung out with him at SGDQ a bit. The guy is a literal god at KH, and yeah, to hear him say what he says about Mysterious Figure just tells you how terrible that fight is. I, myself, thought the fight was kinda funny. I have no idea what they were thinking... like why can he be invisible and why can he just like turn into 20 versions of himself and just all this other bullshit. That fight is wild... in a bad way.

Mushroom XIII are pretty hard though, still haven't done all of those.
Number 8 is the worst. I broke my computer desk because of him... I guess I didn't realize just how strong my leg was... or how weak the door on my desk was :closedmonster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have started kh 1 on the ps4 and figured i would go for some trophies as i replay. i am definitely trying for the starting equipment and no continues ones. i was considering the 15 hour finish one, but apparently there are two ways to get it? a) finish it in 15 hours or b) let the timer go past 100 where it resets and you can get it between 100-115 hours. i am not sure if i could get the uninterrupted time to do the actual 15 hours, i was playing the beginning part earlier and had to get up for half an hour to help with something and i read that the timer counts up even when paused (i was paused in a cutscene so i don’t know if that counts). so i might just take it slow and try for some of the other trophies too until i reach 100 hours

then i slipped on the kitchen floor so my plans will wait until i am in less pain lol

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Doing it in 15 hours is actually pretty easy. I think I did it in about 9 or 10? And that's with wasting an hour levelling on Destiny Islands. If you just skip the worlds that can be skipped and skip cutscenes, you'll be fine.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I managed it in about 12. I got no equipment change, no continue and beginner trophies at the same time, so it's doable. I can't remember what I picked during the awakening, though. Beginner mode in FM gives you an exp accessory to speed it up a little.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i went with taking shield and ditching staff, then setting off at dawn. that gives you good abilities sooner and the first 40 levels go up faster iirc? i will need to look at a guide for the quickest way through

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is just under 7 hours before the last bit of backtracking a good time

feeling more confident i can manage this, also i figured out that if you go out into the ps4 home menu it stops the timer so i use that when i need to do stuff or while looking up walkthroughs. the last two bosses have been tough so i might go level up a bit before moving on (at 41-42 i think?). also i still haven’t got cure for some reason lol, feel like i will need that now

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am actually a massive dummy and had cure all along lol. there’s a blank slot at the bottom of the menu which i thought was meant to be cure, which was actually the third item down. i hadn’t really needed it so far but now i do

after a few setbacks (having to reload because i died, and having to restart because i was trapped in an area and couldn’t get out but the enemy i had to defeat ended up outside the wall so i couldn’t attack it lol) and a bit of levelling up i am at the final save point with 4 hours left on the clock. i have struggled with the end bosses in the past and that was with the best equipment i had, so i hope this goes more smoothly

edit; done in under 12 hours :sadpanda:

Last edited:
Top Bottom