• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII Remake – Building For The Future

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Yeah, but like...

pain.png

Ha, I know it's silly. I guess I just want, at the base level, a playable Red XIII, textures to properly load, and that rumored extra Tifa story beat DLC. That's the heart of things, as far as I'm concerned.

So, the oddly minimal update is something I covered in more tl;dr in another thread

Yeah, but bumping old threads is its own kind of drug.

If they're going to focus on any updates and other things to have a sort of FFXV-like update of the later content, it wouldn't've really started happening until then.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It certainly pushes back my expectations on updates, anyway.

everything is still going exactly as expected insofar as I can tell & no change in my expectations whatsoever.

Except in where they were changed.

I'm not expecting it on the time scale I was before just based on that information, but I still think that it's almost certainly something that'll happen still.

Just having fun.

On a serious note, are you planning more analysis articles?

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
If/when a major patch update occurs, I hope the Sector 5/6 slums plate skybox error issue gets fixed. (same with the Sector 7 plate debris inconsistencies between Chapters 13 and 15, but those aren't as glaring IMO)

Especially when older trailers had the Sector 5 slums with the correct skybox I believe?
I spent a lot of time looking at this. I do not think it’s so clear. Depending on which angle you look at, the sky box sometimes actually gives the illusion that it’s in the wrong spot.

However, there is a chance that it is in the wrong spot, and the trailer showing it apparently corrected may mean that they had some problem with it that required them to place it where it is currently.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think complicating all of this is that the PC version of Remake still doesn't have a release date. So I would think any updates of this nature would happen once the PC version gets released with them (and probably a lot of other features) as that would encourage people who already have the PS4 version to get the PC version too.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I spent a lot of time looking at this. I do not think it’s so clear. Depending on which angle you look at, the sky box sometimes actually gives the illusion that it’s in the wrong spot.

However, there is a chance that it is in the wrong spot, and the trailer showing it apparently corrected may mean that they had some problem with it that required them to place it where it is currently.
It is extremely clear that the Sector 5 slums skybox is incorrect there is no doubt. It is always under the partially constructed Sector 6 plate when it shouldn’t be.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yeah, but like...

View attachment 8776

Ha, I know it's silly. I guess I just want, at the base level, a playable Red XIII, textures to properly load, and that rumored extra Tifa story beat DLC. That's the heart of things, as far as I'm concerned.

Me too!
:bigawesomonster:

Yeah, but bumping old threads is its own kind of drug.

That it is.

On a serious note, are you planning more analysis articles?

Since publishing my last one, I have quite literally not stopped working on my current one for the last 7 months. It's actually why I'm not consistently around and posting in threads about things, because pretty much all of the functional cognitive bandwidth that I possess has been focused on that whenever possible. I do periodically update the thread where that all started.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
With the Yuffie DLC for Intergrade, it felt relevant to update this with a little post.

It's SUPER nice to see that they got all of the PS5-specific technical implementation stuff in place. That's all looking just as spectacular as one could have hoped it would.

Additionally, it's excellent to see all of the elements with Yuffie will be getting some unique gameplay mechanics. It'll be interesting to see how in-depth those are in the long-run as the game expands. I do think that some of her interactions are intentionally designed to work with Cid later on. Insofar as Red XIII not being playable yet – he's still really deeply interconnected into the ability to dynamically choose party members. I'm wondering if the introduction of Yuffie is serving as a precursor to that functionality, so you'll have two even teams of 3 characters, allowing you to do branching paths events with different groups, like what we saw the initial implementation mechanics of the Drum.

If so, that would allow for the Red XIII update to come with the updates to Chapters 16-18, and lead in to their post-Midgar encounter with Yuffie, and start to introduce some of the team mechanics for how all of that's going to work once you start to have a larger party size.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
There's nothing to say Red XIII won't be included, though with a paywall for DLC it's entirely possible he'll get his very own in a similar fashion.

More to specifics, when I saw that footage of Yuffie interacting with the environment... well, in particular, the wall running bit... I figured Red XIII DLC may well be on its way after all. They've clearly worked out some mechanical kinks with regards to playability and environmental interactivity there.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's some other interesting information there as well:

The new Yuffie content was intended to be included as part of the base game when it made the leap to PlayStation 5, but this wasn’t possible because of “the nature of the upgrade system”. As such, it had to be labelled as downloadable content. Still, Nomura insists this will be the only DLC for the game and they “do not have any plans for downloadable content at this time”.

The Yuffie content was intended to be included as a part of the base game for the PS5 version specifically rather than as DLC. The PS5 upgrade is also a free update that transfers everything over. Essentially it's just the cost of investing in the system. That bit makes me wonder if there might be some more of that stuff that we see in the last few chapters of the game that're wrapped up in technological limitations which is why they were so close on deadlines.

Take the loading times for example, they're night-and-day different on PS5, and that's a major factor in why Chapter 17 is designed the way that it is, along with all of the really awkwardly clunky setup for the switches in The Drum. On top of that, Yuffie has a TON of the same wall-running and other interactions that are similar to what Red XIII does. I'm wondering if there's a technological bottleneck that makes it so that they can't really get it operating the way that they want on PS4. If that's the case, it's a SUPER bad look if they're only going to push updates to the PS5 version – especially while it's still ridiculously difficult to get a hold of one. If it's technology that's tied in to the next game anyway, depending on the release date, there's a possibility that some of the work to make them function is getting done still, and may be a factor in if the next game will even be able to be a PS4 title.

When talking about the Dualsense controller for the PS5 version of Remake:
“As for adaptive triggers, they are partially supported. However, in terms of using all of the features of PlayStation 5, please wait for the next game where we can start from scratch.”

That makes it VERY much sound like Part 2 is designed as a PS5-specific title. If that's the case those things may end up getting fixed and updated in the future ...but possibly only on PS5. So, efforts are better spent just on the sequel for now. A bit unfortunate, but is what it is. So while we may see those fixes some point, I think that they're more likely to show up as a refresh or quality of life change around the release of the next part if they do.

Top Bottom