Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
That reminds me of an "art house" opening for Remake I cooked up in my brain. It consists of a no context, 1 hour, first-person perspective walk of Cloud approaching Midgar in an unstable mental state. Use the analog sticks to step forward and look around. Observe the Buster Sword dragging behind you. No music. Midgar is shrouded in fog that lifts as you approach. You collapse when you reach the sector gate. Resume traditional opening of Aerith.

Ya'll should be really glad I didn't direct Remake lol

Last edited:

Dfantasy

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Gold Roger
Corel is one of the messiest geological locations in the entire OG. Nothing about where it is makes sense compared to the story told about it. I can see them doing a lot of retcons like in Wall Market to make it fit. Just about where it is, not what kind of people run it.

Exactly.

Littlewing

Pro Adventurer
AKA
human
These are not really hopes so much as just fanciful preferences that overall do not really have any significant bearing on the outcome of the games gameplay, overall quality and are not really necessary. I just noticed and absolutely loved the eclectic variety of styles, tones, mood and atmosphere throughout the game and overall I think the art style is fantastic and really high quality I was really impressed and enjoyed the whole experience, though it’d s little more frantic then the original and there’s certain qualities that I almost miss form the original though it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t say that it’s style and gloss over substance at all as the quality is very high, but it feels at time there’s not as much of a deep center, though it is still pretty deep. I guess it’s suprisjngly more logical the overarching storyline and narrative then the original and is way less emotive then usual final fantasy fare but I noticed this change in FF15 (btw Shinra was hilarious that regard)

Which, BTW, I just got around to playing FF15 and the Re-remake, and I just absolutel love them, they are fantastic, I just played GTA V, and I think they are way more enjoyable.

That being said, touching on noticing a kind of 70s style in some parts, i just love Japanese 70s things, and because there’s so many eclectic and varied interesting styles I wanted to try and attempt to show things I like that are not too widely diverging the what’s featured in the game.

It similar but really unique, I think it’s a little Spanish but it’s not common and I don’t see this specific style very often, but here’s some examples:
The guitar solo is one of my favourite of all time a little transcendent for me
It is very similar to chrono cross as well
Escaflowne
49eee50a31154b6aaa7b6ef774e8da5f.jpg

Leji Matsumoto is one of my absolute favourite artist of all time too and his art style is just so moving to mei saw these styles briefly touched on in the Remake, but I think it would be great if they were further elaborated on though I know it’s a difficulty that the game designers must somewhat have difficulty deciding on. I also love the style in the 80s movie Legend which is quite similar as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wol

Littlewing

Pro Adventurer
AKA
human
Well, I don’t know if it would fit the remake as much, I just know the bar was pretty 70s, and there’s some of that throughout the game, but I know Midgard is supposed to be kind of cool and cold, I am not sure how to describe its style entirely. I wonder what the rest of the fame, the sequels will look like if they take place in the greater world outside of Midgar I could see it differing and being more “Western” wild kind of barren desert expanse, like Corel prison will definitely be like that and cosmo canyon, but I look forward to see what styles they use. I eagerly await the sequels.

I guess as far as things differing or being different from the original, I think this specific feeling or emotional is missing from the remake though it’s hard to describe. I know it probably feels out of place in a successful mainstream series, and it almost feels slightly adolescent for me, but at the same time I regally question if it is in actuality?
but there’s no feelings like that in the original, but how would you transition into that? I wonder how to label and tear it, sad, remorseful? But it’s almost too sleepy.

I aloe really like this song a lot, I slither to it all the time I think it would actually fit Clouds story progression and arc somehow, though maybe not in an obvious way, I mean the emotions in the song and such don’t know how else to describe it.
“I don’t eat I don’t sleep, I do nothing but think of you” which I think, the character must struggle with some sense of longing which only becomes further developed after the loss of aerith and then a real human” his journey and attempt to become more “real”

Last edited:

Dfantasy

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Gold Roger
I doubt this idea is original, but I suspect Zack will save Aerith, but by the end both will need to die for Sephiroth to be defeated. Hear me now, quote me later.

It's kind of sad to know how their story will end up, but also I'm pretty much looking forward to this as much.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I would say I 10% believe he’s alive and he’s going to stay alive, I 20% believe the whole thing is an illusion and he’s actually still dead, and I 70% believe he’s alive but he’s going to either die again or his survival will be undone by the end of the story

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Hell yeah! "Existential Crisis" title asks for a hundred likes. SE would pour all the philosophy into this entry and make us suffer more than ever detangling all the plotlines and motives but now in full HD and with more sugar high and tear-inducing scenes.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
I really think I'm the only one (or almost) who believes Zack is still dead :lol:
We're pals now. We the poor ones liking our Zack dead will have to start a club. :puppy:

A dead Zack is a good Zack (and a fine tormented Cloud too).
He hasn't died enough times. Nobody cares about a dead Heidegger, but who wouldn't like a dead Zack?
:shrug:

PS: But I'll keep joking about wild stuff, beacause fun. Worst could happen is each and every joke becomes true...:scared:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't think that people who think he's alive are necessarily in favor of the idea

If he is well and truly alive, I just can't see how they could possibly still stick to the "major beats" of the FF7 plot. It would change things so fundamentally. So for that I can't think that that is what's happening...but I also have no idea what the scene at the end was supposed to imply either. So I've basically resigned to not bother thinking about it. I'll find out when they show what it meant and I'll just have to hope it somehow isn't stupid :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It probably means Zack is dead from Cloud's point in time but there's also a Zack who's alive in a different timeline that's created thanks to what happened.

Which means Zack is dead in FFVII. But something in the future could happen where another Zack could appear and then have to die to completely wrap up whatever new parallel plot thread that's spun from the subsequent new narrative parallel to the Remake.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It probably means Zack is dead from Cloud's point in time but there's also a Zack who's alive in a different timeline that's created thanks to what happened.

Which means Zack is dead in FFVII. But something in the future could happen where another Zack could appear and then have to die to completely wrap up whatever new parallel plot thread that's spun from the subsequent new narrative parallel to the Remake.

That's what I came up with too because of their insistence on the terrier for the crisps bag, otherwise my answer would have been "he's ded bro".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom