• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cyberpunk 2077

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
So, I finally beat the game... some updated impressions:
On PS4, the last quarter of the game was becoming just painful to go through. Except for the main quest, I generally had to reload the game every 10-15 minutes either because of a glitch ruining a mission (it's hard to be stealthy when guards can see through walls, for instance) or because of a very serious bug (car becoming undrivable, menu failing to load, when it's not a straight blue screen -> exit game).
It seems as though the first... third of the game is quite playable and doesn't seem to be bugging too much, but the more you progress into the game, the more the game is falling apart. When I reached the ending, the game itself was agonizing. Time I put it to rest.
Not really the 8/10 I gave first. A shame because I did enjoy the story and its writing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Pfft, I did this before it was popular :awesome:

Xc8duMT.png

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I want this game to succeed, partly because it's so ambitious and partly because it's a Polish developer and some more diversity among games devs would be nice. Also because the LP I watched was fucking awesome.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Finished it today.

I played it on PS4 and let me tell you it's up there as one of the best games I've played, especially in terms of story.

There were some hard crashes and interface bugs but it never took me out of how incredible it was where it counted. Hope nobody sleeps on this based on its bad press at release.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I really want to play this game. I think I'm gonna wait for a sale/stability patches though. :P

Yeah..

I don't have a PS5 or high powered gaming PC so I dunno when I'll play it.

So, I finally beat the game... some updated impressions:
On PS4, the last quarter of the game was becoming just painful to go through. Except for the main quest, I generally had to reload the game every 10-15 minutes either because of a glitch ruining a mission (it's hard to be stealthy when guards can see through walls, for instance) or because of a very serious bug (car becoming undrivable, menu failing to load, when it's not a straight blue screen -> exit game).
It seems as though the first... third of the game is quite playable and doesn't seem to be bugging too much, but the more you progress into the game, the more the game is falling apart. When I reached the ending, the game itself was agonizing. Time I put it to rest.
Not really the 8/10 I gave first. A shame because I did enjoy the story and its writing.

It sounds like the PS4 version is always going to be mess, like the game just wasn't build for PS4s.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
are-you-not-entertained-entertained.gif

I kinda want to get this because I enjoy glitches and rubbish things. Strong nostalgia for when my brother would play GTA IV with so many cheats enabled it became a broken mess. Hours of hilarity, and in the end isn't that what matters?

Lex

Administrator
It's very good IMO. I'm dipping in and out of it and I've been enjoying it. I've seen a few bugs - got a progression bug on one of the "Gig" missions where the target kept glitching through the floor so I couldn't progress because I was supposed to collect something off their body. Had to reload to sort it, but that kind of thing is no more egregious than bugs you'd encounter in other games.

It is generally a bit buggy, though it's already been patched so some of the extreme jank is gone. Mind you all I'm playing on PC so my experience will be markedly different from PS4.

I would definitely recommend waiting for more stability patches but I don't know how improved the console versions are now. That said, it hasn't really impacted my enjoyment so far.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Crunch is the point along with all their other bullshit. They're playing PR games to salvage their corporate brand. At least Naughty Dog is honest about always treating the devs like dog shit.

Reactions: Wol

Dfantasy

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Gold Roger
Is it true that if you play this game on PC, you won't meet to many glitches or bugs? Only played this on PS5 and I stopped playing it when I see an NPC floating lmao.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Is it true that if you play this game on PC, you won't meet to many glitches or bugs? Only played this on PS5 and I stopped playing it when I see an NPC floating lmao.
I had it on PS4 ("had", as in I got a refund), but I have a few friends who have it on PC, and the general consensus has been pretty good. From what I understand, no version of it is glitch-free, but PC at least is unlikely to crash all the time like on PS4.
Whip me corporate daddy! Tell me to make my game about oppressive conglomerates faster! I’m gonna give you so many bugs, aren’t I just a brat?
Ite, I've already got enough fetishes without you creating new ones for me. :mon:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I had it on PS4 ("had", as in I got a refund), but I have a few friends who have it on PC, and the general consensus has been pretty good. From what I understand, no version of it is glitch-free, but PC at least is unlikely to crash all the time like on PS4.
That's my understanding as well.
A good friend of mine built a new PC to play it, and the game had a few glitches here and there but overall was running smoothly. He had a blast with Cyberpunk. I had my friend over for a day around Xmas (the only visit I could have, with the COVID restrictions) and he had some morbid curiosity about the PS4 version, so I showed him.
Every 10-15 minutes, he was facepalming saying 'oh my gawd'...
Namely, what stood out was the unmistakable: driving + autosaving -> 1-second frame-freeze.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Are ND honest? Didn't they try hard to suppress a leak?

Rockstar got caught doing this as well.

I think we have to start pushing hard for changes within the industry, and if that means less ambitious games, so be it. RDR2, TLOU2, and Cyberpunk were all ahead of their time, but they did it by working people to the bone. We've got to stop rolling with this in the name of a better product (and yes, I'm aware that I'm saying this having just bought the game.)We need some kind of 'we don't mistreat our workers' certification to become the standard for the industry, enough that people notice when its not there and ask why.

Top Bottom