• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Merchandise (Unofficial/Unlicensed)

Anj7

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Anj
The unlicensed Tifa statue looks good but its just not Tifa. Only the clothes are Tifa. Looks absolutely nothing like FF7R Tifa at all.

Personally for me I buy these figures for their likeliness to the game. This "Tifa" you could literally slap on almost any clothes of any female character from a game or anime and call it "that person". It just looks so generic which is why I stuck to the PAK figures. The figure going by the pictures look pretty much identical to the game.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Pickstars 1/4 scale Sephiroth

Price on fanaticanimestore.com has it for $475, not including shipping.

WechatIMG84664__64165.1600697206.jpg

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but that image from displate is stolen and the artist is working on getting it removed from the website.

I'm on the fence about artists doing stuff like that.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
But the artist of that picture, isn't the original artist of what they colored/painted.

It's a fanart, which makes it double reason to take it down. He or she could also probably get in serious troubles if SE found that out and decided to sue. Plus there is a lot of fanart thief. They make a lot of money without paying a dime to the artist, which is wrong. Artists deserve to be paid for their work. And if it's fanart, usually they don't do it for money, which doesn't mean that anyone can come grab and plaster it on a shirt and claim it as theirs.

It's so wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start. Also that is why I only buy certified stuff, because this is so pervasive it makes me really angry.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's a fanart, which makes it double reason to take it down. He or she could also probably get in serious troubles if SE found that out and decided to sue. Plus there is a lot of fanart thief. They make a lot of money without paying a dime to the artist, which is wrong. Artists deserve to be paid for their work. And if it's fanart, usually they don't do it for money, which doesn't mean that anyone can come grab and plaster it on a shirt and claim it as theirs.

It's so wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start. Also that is why I only buy certified stuff, because this is so pervasive it makes me really angry.

If the artist who did this image was not profiting off the work, I'm all for having it moved from that website. But, if they have made any money off prints, then I would say they should not be upset about someone profiting off their work. Both people would be in the wrong

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Typically the shirt company would pay the artist a certain amount to use the design. Or negotiate some sort of compensation.

Making money off fan art is *technically* illegal, but not necessarily morally or ethically wrong imo. Most large corporations turn a blind eye to it because it's largely harmless, and gives them free exposure and engagement.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I fully support artists being compensated for their work. I'm an artist myself. But, fan art is definitely a complex area.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
It's gone now, but at least the art was neat.

Here is the original for anyone wondering what it was:
https://www.deviantart.com/viny-kun/art/Let-s-save-the-World-again-837214531
I've seen this a few times. I really like the concept, but I don't much care for the execution. I'd love it if it were cleaned up. Or maybe just a different style.
Just saw this on Facebook marketplace:
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c71284f295c832a335f046705de1bb90&oe=5FE1D294

I thought it was a figure of Hell Masker at first. Feel a bit sorry for Barret...

The description had me laughing though
WOW. This has EVERYTHING. It's got:
- Cracked-out constricted pupils, reminiscent of insane 90's cartoons
- Misshapen head (which is impressive, considering this is Barret we're talking about)
- Hilariously bent barrels on the gatling gun-hand... again, 90's cartoons
- Just a dash of racist caricature/blackface

Hot damn, if that's not a collector's item, nothing is.

Top Bottom