• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2021 -Official Thread of "is this just gonna be a Zoom meeting then?"-

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They already have vibe for XVI for that, though - early FF was supposed to be the thing that kept that look. I'm tired of apologetics that always try to justify new Final Fantasy not being fantastical enough. This new direction is boring as hell, simple as that. I've grown to be OK with it for XVI, but this is just disappointing.

Also, there's nothing stopping something with the Amano look from being violent and darker. If anything, I'd say it lends itself to it more - it's dramatic and surreal.

The gameplay does look great.

I mean, you're right. They do have that aesthetic and direction with FFXVI :monster:

But apparently that style is popular now. Blame Game of Thrones, maybe? I personally think we've had more than enough traditional fantasy in FF, as is. But I'll take darker, twisted fantasy over the traditional style. If it were up to me however, we'd have more futuristic sci-fi elements but apparently we're just going back to basics. Darker basics.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I mean, you're right. They do have that aesthetic and direction with FFXVI :monster:

But apparently that style is popular now. Blame Game of Thrones, maybe? I personally think we've had more than enough traditional fantasy in FF, as is. But I'll take darker, twisted fantasy over the traditional style. If it were up to me however, we'd have more futuristic sci-fi elements but apparently we're just going back to basics. Darker basics.
Perhaps you're right. I should probably just accept that this new direction the series is taking is not for me, and let people who it is for enjoy it. I guess it just particularly stings in this case because it's theoretically supposed to tie into the original games.

If I play it and try not to judge it as an FF game, I think I would enjoy it.
I'm interested in that FF collection. "Pixel Remaster" sounds like hopefully it'll all be like those anniversary editions of FF1,2 and 4 and not shitty lazy mobile garbage.
FF1-6 with nice high-res 2D art in a single package would be awesome. Just...release it on console please. :'D
If it's anything like the pixel art in the kickass Dragon Quest III remake they're doing, sign me the hell up.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
wasn't really impressed by Babylon's Fall either, that and The Bouncer: A FF Story are looking like generic B tier titles.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
The trailer is already becoming a meme online, with big game sites joining in. I can't blame them much, because it was one of the worst trailers I've seen, certainly in recent years. The dialogue and the voice acting are unbelievably bad, to the point where it's actually fun to watch the trailer for that.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The dialogue and voice acting aren’t bad, they’re just very hammy and cheesy. Also the main dude just sticks out like a sour thumb in regards to his “extreme” plainness. Neat that they got Christopher Sabat back for Garland though.

Lex

Administrator
So apparently it is not a collection, in the press release it says:

The company will release the beloved titles individually, from FINAL FANTASY I through FINAL FANTASY VI, for Steam® and mobile platforms.

I'm glad that they're doing this but I also feel like it's stupid not to also release on consoles? Like if you're going to the bother of doing this, do it for everything.

Hoping for Octopath style remasters tbh. HD2D <3

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, I was thinking that too. The question I have, though....is what about the Switch? I thought that was super popular, in Japan too?
If I had to guess, that might have more to do with Nintendo distribution/publishing rights/agreements taking long to hammer out (compared to mobile and Steam/PC) than anything else. And/or time needed to modify/program software to run on Nintendo hardware.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Stranger of Paradise does not get me excited in any way have to be honest I'm disappointed in that trailer.

Also I don't normally point this out in games but where's the goddamn female party members???

I don't understand the whole mobile, steam release only for the Pixel Remasters either why deny the console market, I do have mixed feelings on them re-releasing for what feels like the billionth time as well for some of these.

While V and VI are totally deserving of better remasters than those awful mobile versions and I'd love to see a remaster of III considering we've never gotten the original, I have to say for I, II and IV's Complete Collection PSP releases they were already beautifully done 2D overhauls so why do they need yet another one?

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the shading looks blander (similar to the previous pc ports of 5 and 6), boo

is there a good list or article that just details everything that was shown so i don't need to watch livestreams. i only need the gist of it and will look more into anything that seems interesting on my own

Top Bottom