• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Nah man, you just don't get it. Cloud and Aerith got married off screen, and their best friend Reno was the best man! All the THEMES and PARALLELS clearly point to it. Their love and Marriage clearly echoes the forbidden love of Gast and Ifalna. Aerith was actually pregnant with Cloud's child, and Cloud's real reason for wanting revenge on Sephiroth is to avenge his wife and unborn child. He actually hates Tifa because of her SLAVELIKE devotion to him.It's so obvious, all of you just lack reading comprehension. If you're still in denial you're gonna overdose on copium.

Too bad that hack Nojima decided to pander to the SJW cringe Clotis, that fucking sell out. He totally assassinated Cloud's character.

so much pain, I have witnessed.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Hi everyone! It's been a while.... but how could I ignore this HUGE amount of Cloti content??? I'm actually shocked lol

As much I always pleaded for a more straightforward approach when it comes to shipping content ( it's been 20+ years...it's time!!), I never thought we would actually get it lol... but this novel? what is it?? It felt like a fanfiction :D

Anyway, I love that it seems like it cleared most of the bad takes in relation to Tifa and solidified, even more, the foundation of their relationship that will be explored in the main game. As most of us guessed before, their love for each other started way before the main story ( and it's 100% canon now)

I can't wait to be able to read it in full. :excited:

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
Nah man, you just don't get it. Cloud and Aerith got married off screen, and their best friend Reno was the best man! All the THEMES and PARALLELS clearly point to it. Their love and Marriage clearly echoes the forbidden love of Gast and Ifalna. Aerith was actually pregnant with Cloud's child, and Cloud's real reason for wanting revenge on Sephiroth is to avenge his wife and unborn child. He actually hates Tifa because of her SLAVELIKE devotion to him.It's so obvious, all of you just lack reading comprehension. If you're still in denial you're gonna overdose on copium.

Too bad that hack Nojima decided to pander to the SJW cringe Clotis, that fucking sell out. He totally assassinated Cloud's character.

Based. Clotis, be afraid. /s

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
As most of us guessed before, their love for each other started way before the main story ( and it's 100% canon now)

I want to clarify that when I said canon I meant their love for each other as kids ( was it obvious? English isn't my first language so... ^_^)

As much as I believe that there's already a canon ship in FFVII, I'd rather wait for the end of the Remake for a full confirmation... but nevertheless, the future seems bright for us hehe

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
I know bits and pieces are floating around in other threads, but I wanted to compile what Twitter user @HayashiNagisa has been posting about the novel (so far) here because a lot of it delves into Tifa's character quite a bit, and to some extent Cloud's as well. Actual text under spoilers, includes the poster's own thoughts/emojis, lol. These aren't direct translations obviously, just editorialized summaries.

OMG, Tifa is so cute! ??
Tifa was planing to bake something for her friends before they leave town, so she went to do some grocery shopping, when she was standing in front of the store, she notice Cloud was standing behind her

*my thoughts* I think Cloud must be waiting for a chance to talk to her, and immediately follow her when she left her house (staring at her window again, perhaps? ?)

their eyes met, and Tifa was surprised because he almost always look away when their eyes met

Cloud's lips moved, but Tifa couldn't hear, so she ask. Cloud all of sudden move closer to her, so close he almost bump into her and speak very loudly: [Midnight, at the water tower] and he speaks very fast

Tifa reply yes, and Cloud quickly ran away

and for some reason, it made Tifa ran away too, she forgot about her grocery shopping ???

I know I sound like a broken record, but OMG, Tifa is so cute I am going to die ????????

After she quickly ran home, she sat on her bed holding Maru (her cat), and it says her heart is racing ?

There is one scene where Tifa recalling (when she was about 6 or 7) her mother Thea made comments about how beautiful (美しい) Cloud is on the dinner table, even more good looking than the all mighty hero Sephiroth!

Tifa felt happy that her mother is complimenting Cloud, and somehow felt a little shy too...??
and daddy Brian looks obviously no impressed ??

And then she started to wonder why they stop playing together, (they used to, when they are younger) and Tifa wonders what happened among the boys.

Tifa felt they stop playing together after her mother passed, but then realized it may have been even before that...

*BTW my HC here is either Cloud didn't like other boys surrounding Tifa all the time, or other boys outcast him because they can feel Tifa favors him more ?
hope we'll one day find out ??*

And OMG, Tifa is so cute (broken record ?)

She ask Maru what to wear to go to the water tower, and took time to pick her outfit for the "special night" ???

"As she chooses her outfit, she realizes this is her first time sneaking out if the house in the middle of the night. And she is doing it to meet a boy. That Cloud Strife.
The sudden visit if this special night got her heart racing, she is so excited she doesn't think she can sleep that night.
in the end, Tifa pick the "color of the young leaf" dress which her friends praised a lot"

It sounded like what her mother (Thea) said about how beautiful Cloud is had a big impact on her
Thea compares Cloud with Sephiroth made her felt like Cloud is something very beautiful, but also out of reach, like a star in the sky, she realized that's why her heart always flutter when she talks to Cloud

And OMG, Tifa is so cute XD
She actually thought about what to do if Cloud ask her out to confess his love to her
She gave it some thought, she knows she likes him, but she doesn't think it's the type of like to want to live a life with him

Tifa was pretty surprise about what Cloud has to say, it was nothing special, he is just the same as all other boys

But that thought did not disappoint her, instead, it made her fell in love

The moment she realized he is not a star in the sky but just a boy right next to her, he became special to her. The type of "like" she would want to live a life with him!!

BRB, I am gonna go cry

FWIW there are direct translations of some of the above tweet and it's slightly different even though the general sentiment is the same.

At their first encounter, Tifa found Zangan in the midst of the river and tried to rescue him.
Actually, he was training there and didn't need to be rescue. But she did.
Before her, many people passed by and they ignored and did nothing to rescue him. He was very impressed by her good spirit.

Zangan taught his ”Zangan gymnastics" to people in the village. And he admired Tifa's phisical ability and grit.
But at the meeting with villager, he criticized Shinra. So they asked him to go out of the village in order to avoid the trouble.

At his last night, Zangan asked Tifa to be his student and gave her his secret textbook.
He said the largest enemy was herself and she needed Zangan-ryu to face it.
He then left, but old villager still wanted to learn Zangan gymnastics. So Tifa trained them instead of her master, asked by village mayor.

After that, her friend in the big city writes to her.
"When I'm at a loss in the city, I think of you. Someday I'll come and pick you up. Until then, I'll write letters and told you about the city life."
She felt her pride was hurt. When Zangan came to the village again, She applied to be a student. From then she trained hard. She want to be stronger, not loosing to those who left the village.
He promised in half a year, if Tifa could pass the final test, he'll teach her the final martial art form and left.

And the Niblheim incident occurred.
Zangan refused to take Tifa to Shinra-related hospital and took her to the clinic in the slum, where his students' parent was working. Tifa had been unconscious for 1 month. Zangan has already left by the time she woke up.

She had to work hard to pay her expensive medical cost. When she gets so tired she couldn't move, she used Zangan-ryu to heal her body and control her muscle.
And now Tifa doesn't know where Zangan is.
She wants a match with him with her "Tifa-ryu" martial art, (she changed the name because she train all by herself for a long time). Because she is a little bit angry at sensei :)))

I love this part about Zangan, I think it really adds to Tifa's character and makes me think we'll definitely see him show up at some point in the Remake now.

according to an elderly woman from the village, Claudia was some what a rebellious type when she was younger, talked about leaving the village too

What made her stay, was this handsome traveler that Claudia carry in (to the inn she was working for at the time) that she found outside

The woman describe Cloud's father as "a man like wind" that cannot stay in one place, he left the house to explore the other side the mountain (around time when Cloud just starting to walk) and never came back

People later found his belongings, but never his remain, they said the monsters got him

Tifa really have no memory of what happen that day

The other kids said Tifa wanted to meet her mother again and went on the mountain trying to reach the other side (said to be the realm of dead)
The other kids said they went up the mountain together, but when the weather changed, they realized it's too dangerous and turn back midway, of course taking Tifa with them

On their way coming down the mountain, Cloud suddenly show up and convince Tifa they should keep going. So the two of them went higher up into the mountain, and fell off a cliff

Cloud only got his knee scraped, but Tifa hit her head and was unconscious for a week

Cloud admitted to what the other kids said are true, but couldn't explain his motive of why he convince Tifa to keep going up the mountain, all he said is "No particular reason"

Tifa didn't really believe it, because Cloud never approach her when she is with her other 3 friends, but she really have no memory of what happen that day, and never had a chance to ask Cloud

Tifa knew she cause a big disturbance in the village, the adults form a rescue team to look for them, she did apologies to them, but maybe it's because she just lost her mother and was still recovering from an injury, no one really blame her

She felt like Cloud took all the blame, almost like Cloud is protecting her, but she couldn't figure out why

All this time she just felt like something wasn't right (what they said about what happened), and wanted to one day ask him for the truth, but that one day never came...

The injury Tifa sustain from Sephiroth was quite severed

She was cut open deeply from her left collarbone to just below her right breast, a part of her breastbone was crushed

Doctors used metal wire to reinforce the structure of her bones, that wire is thought to be "cannot be remove for life"

Marle first came across to know Tifa from a visiting the same clinic where Tifa was treated

There were a big scar not just from the cut, but also from the surgery

Tifa got skin transplant because there were burn injuries too

The doctor said it's unlikely she'll have to live with a visible scar

These details are so good and quite gutting. The fact that she had to get skin grafts and has permanent metal pins/plates... she had to deal with so much once she got to Midgar. I saw other mentions of the same doctors scamming her out of her money once they finished the procedure and forcing her to pay double, so we've got some commentary on medical debt/corrupt capitalism here. She got a job as a vendor at a bun stall and had to live in a shipping container at first.

From what I understand from other tidbits, she met Barret and Marlene while they were in really poor living conditions and she managed to buy Seventh Heaven with money she'd saved up so they could stay there. At some point when Tifa was new to Midgar, she celebrated her birthday with Jessie.

Different from what we saw from OG, which we only saw one truck of Shinra Soldier heading to Nibelheim, there were actually a lot more people

Some arriving a day early too

The ladies from the village have been working together (taking shifts) to cook for the large crowd, among them, Tifa, off course

It was describe that she learn to cook and do house work from other women in the village, and obviously, from Claudia too

(I can't believe my HC for the longest time have came true ????
Tifa's cooking is also "a taste of home" for him too ?)

Tifa is very excited about the news of Shinra sending Soldier over, she thinks she can see Cloud again and even out on new outfit (the cowgirl look)

When she was chopping vegetables with Claudia, they start talking about Cloud

Claudia is very surprised Cloud told her that he is going to become a Soldier, because he never told her that

And she seems tom be quite interested to find out what Tifa has to say as well, she keeps going "oh really? he said that?? oh really?"

After that, Tifa felt like Claudia wanted to tell her something, but she can't tell what it is

my though:
*After reading this part, I have a new perception of what that conversation between Claudia and Cloud ?
A mother would obviously know her son, and I think she pick up something ?

if She didn't know her son likes this one, she can at least tell that Tifa is special, because he told her about his dream, not even letting the mother know

I feel in that scene, Claudia is just teasing Cloud, because she now knows about Tifa....??

Aside from the cute Tifa and Claudia interaction, this has interesting implications because I wonder if it means we'll see more Shinra presence at the Nibelheim incident in the Remake... it just... keeps changing, lol.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Seems the objectification of Tifa is now being actively cast in a negative light. Leaning on that 4th wall a tad bit.

so much pain, I have witnessed.

1) Goddamnit
2) Don’t forget about taking a shit in Nojima-san’s onsen

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Will this new information about our favorite couple finally, finally, FINALLY squash the LTD?

I really hope so. I am exhausted.

It should at least at a minimum put to rest a lot of misinformation bad translations that caused the LTD in the first place. Or it could get worse. *shrug*

Unlikely, as far as I can tell there are also quotes about how Clouds heart skipped a beat during the date scene in the park or something, and that he had complicated feelings when he thought about another boy being there on a date with Aerith.

Honestly, that's already more than Clerith has ever gotten, so I feel like they're only going to become more annoying, not less.

Last edited:

BioTeach

Pro Adventurer
That description of Tifa's wound sounds quite gnarly. Imagine what she looked like when Cloud found her (I'm visualizing the scene from CC - I've never playwd OG so can't speak to that). She had to have been a bleeding mess (despite the lack of blood depicted.) Cloud must've thought she was dead or dying. Makes one wonder if he remembers that and, if so, was he surprised to see her alive when she found him in Midgar.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
1) Goddamnit
2) Don’t forget about taking a shit in Nojima-san’s onsen
The next step in the path of the yeagerbomb would be tweeting pictures of Tifa hanging herself at Square, Nomura, Nojima, and whoever else lol.
kill me
That description of Tifa's wound sounds quite gnarly. Imagine what she looked like when Cloud found her (I'm visualizing the scene from CC - I've never playwd OG so can't speak to that). She had to have been a bleeding mess (despite the lack of blood depicted.) Cloud must've thought she was dead or dying. Makes one wonder if he remembers that and, if so, was he surprised to see her alive when she found him in Midgar.
Hoping the Remake doesn't shy away from depicting that level of violence. Sonnon Coughing up blood was a good start at least.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
The next step in the path of the yeagerbomb would be tweeting pictures of Tifa hanging herself at Square, Nomura, Nojima, and whoever else lol.
kill me

Hoping the Remake doesn't shy away from depicting that level of violence. Sonnon Coughing up blood was a good start at least.
I just hope they actually show Cloud punching Aerith, not because I have some deep seated need to see Aerith get punched, but because I really do think that that scene elevated the story. It was shocking, and really put into perspective that this was a pretty dark story and that Clouds issues were serious. It's what makes you believe he might actually kill her in the city of the ancients and sells the idea that Cloud really can't be trusted to handle himself, but I REALLY doubt they'll show it.

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
Cloud must've thought she was dead or dying. Makes one wonder if he remembers that and, if so, was he surprised to see her alive when she found him in Midgar.

Iirc at some point (Lifestream sequence?) he admits he thought she died, or at least wouldn't make it — it's one of the final straws that fuels him to attack Sephiroth in the reactor and completely overpower him. He was incredibly surprised to see her in Midgar, but by that point his head was so fucked up with other things that it didn't become a topic of discussion.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I just hope they actually show Cloud punching Aerith, not because I have some deep seated need to see Aerith get punched, but because I really do think that that scene elevated the story. It was shocking, and really put into perspective that this was a pretty dark story and that Clouds issues were serious. It's what makes you believe he might actually kill her in the city of the ancients and sells the idea that Cloud really can't be trusted to handle himself, but I REALLY doubt they'll show it.
Best scene
Capture.PNG
Nah, I think they'll depict it (assuming that scene is still there at all) rather than cutting away. They didn't hesitate to show Sonnon getting skewered over and over, so I don't think depicting that kind of brutality is above them. It's a very important step in Cloud's downfall, and I'm sure the writers know that.

TFS left it out like the cowards they are, though.

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
Lol, Cloud and Tifa are truly two of the dumbest people on the planet. They're perfect for each other. And thank god, because if the object of their affection was literally anyone else, they'd be fucked.

This whole "it sounds like fanfiction!" reaction reminds me of when bits and pieces of Case of Tifa first came out. But looking back at things now, these two have been this cheesy and gross about each other since 1997!

At the Northern Crater
Cloud: But, Tifa......But you said, 'Long time no see, Cloud' right? Those words will always support me. I am the one you grew up with. I'm Cloud of Nibelheim. No matter how much I lose faith in myself, that is the truth. That's why you shouldn't be so scared. No matter what anyone else says to me, it's your attitude that counts...

--

When she wakes up in Junon
Tifa: But then I heard... you were going far away...And I didn't want that......I didn't know what to do. So, I thought I needed more time. And that's why I told you about the AVALANCHE job. I wanted to be with you, watch you.

Lifestream
Cloud: ......I was devastated. ......I wanted to be noticed. I thought if I got stronger I could get someone to notice......

Tifa: Someone to notice you...? ......who?

Who......? ......You know who! ......You, that's who.

Cloud: You......

--

Under the Highwind
Tifa: But that's all right, even if no one comes back. As long as I'm with you... As long as you're by my side... I won't give up even if I'm scared.

And more, but I'm too lazy to hunt them down. These wouldn't feel out of place at all in one of Nojima's novellas.

Back when CoT first came out, I was young and stupid and kept clicking on threads with 'LTD' in the title, so I was pretty damn surprised to see Cloud so openly affectionate. But now I am old and stupid, and while my back hates me, I am no longer out here seeking out the opinions of people who so fundamentally misunderstand this game and these characters despite 24 years of #posting.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE all this new content we're getting, but none of this feels like a surprise. While it's great to get official confirmation, as far as Tifa's feelings for Cloud (and Cloud's for Tifa) go, these are all things we could have surmised by playing the game with our eyes open. (Though of course the details of said feelings are absolutely adorable).

I'm sure I'm repeating myself at this point, but what makes FF7 so great is that Cloud and Tifa really should not be the hero & heroine of this story. In fact, the only reason that Tifa is a/the heroine of the story is because of her relationship with Cloud. That is because FF7 is not just the story of a ragtag band of heroes saving the world from Sephiroth/Meteor, but it is equally the story of Cloud finding his true self. Tifa is not integral per se to the story of saving the world/stopping Meteor, but she is absolutely irreplaceable when it comes to her role in Cloud's story.

I would also argue that Cloud would not be the hero of FF7 if not for his relationship with Tifa. Without Tifa, Cloud would be a dime a dozen failed Sephiroth clone. It is only his love for Tifa, and hers for him that saves him from the fate met by the others and makes his a story worth telling. (ugh, gross. can't believe i just wrote that)

I hate to give SE so much credit, but I've really come think of the OG as a masterclass in structure and character. What some perceive to be a "love triangle" is really the game making sure that the player does not get ahead of the character (i.e., Cloud) and a way to connect the two main story lines, but by the end of the game, everyone's role is clear. I won't try to convince anyone who refuses to get it, but I think how the game achieves this is quite interesting, though probably only to me, and I'm still struggling to best articulate all this, so y'all are spared for now.

IMO, even more so than the explicitly romantic FF couples, Cloud and Tifa's relationship is fundamental to why FF7 is such a good (and in many ways quite radical) story. I think the devs were aware of this to some extent in the OG era, but after seeing SE's output over the last decade (and especially that new Stranger of Paradise trailer...oof), it really feels like that might have just accidentally stumbled their way into this great love story. Though after 24 years, it seems like they've finally realized what a good thing they've got and are really leaning into Cloud and Tifa's relationship with the Remake and new novellas. For the dwindling few who don't/refuse to get it, I honestly feel sorry for them, but at the same time who cares?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I hate to give SE so much credit, but I've really come think of the OG as a masterclass in structure and character. What some perceive to be a "love triangle" is really the game making sure that the player does not get ahead of the character (i.e., Cloud) and a way to connect the two main story lines, but by the end of the game, everyone's role is clear. I won't try to convince anyone who refuses to get it, but I think how the game achieves this is quite interesting, though probably only to me, and I'm still struggling to best articulate all this, so y'all are spared for now.

Nooooooooo you're not the only one who thinks that way. I know a clerith/multishipper who does, and clearly stated so too. It did open my eyes (and yes, she knows cloti is canon lol). I came to realise it too - maybe that's an old fans thing - that the LT was basically a tool for the devs to further the illusion of Cloud Strife the ex-SOLDIER, but once that shattered, you were left as the player with a character with his own opinions and feelings on which you had no say. The fracture was too great for some and many relied on the LT to say that at least you had ONE choice (you didn't).

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
Stiggie said:
Unlikely, as far as I can tell there are also quotes about how Clouds heart skipped a beat during the date scene in the park or something, and that he had complicated feelings when he thought about another boy being there on a date with Aerith.
And, I'm totally okay with that, actually. It's actually consistent with the game that he'd started to develop a crush on her, but she died before it could go anywhere.

insanehobbit said:
Back when CoT first came out, I was young and stupid and kept clicking on threads with 'LTD' in the title, so I was pretty damn surprised to see Cloud so openly affectionate. But now I am old and stupid, and while my back hates me, I am no longer out here seeking out the opinions of people who so fundamentally misunderstand this game and these characters despite 24 years of #posting.
I kinda feel I still would like some of the incredibly whack character bastardizations to be corrected once and for all. Not for the sake of the LTD. If some Big Love Confession that would kill the LTD is introduced...but doesn't flow with the narrative and overall character development it's pointless.

The one that I'm glad for is that "Tifa ostracised Cloud and bullied him as a child" can now can be laid to rest because:
a) She did make efforts to engage him
b) He himself just never approached her when she was in a group, though they played together one on one and he really was excruciatingly shy
c) That he himself lied, or at least, played along with the other kids lies that he took Tifa up the mountain. To protect her from being blamed / suffering any repercussions because apparently the whole village initiated a search and rescue for her . And that Tifa could remember none of this, but felt that the reason he gave for leading her up the mountain was fishy.

I like how this is actually consistent with his characterization with the Remake, especially in the bar scene where he's just drinking by himself, and not including himself in Avalanche's celebrations. Not because people are explicitly mean to him - because he's clearly awkward and shy.

The other whack character take I want addressed once and for all is the "Cloud leaves Tifa at the end of FF7-AC because he was pining and suicidal for Aerith and treated Tifa badly, so it's proof they're a bad couple together".

I really just want in sledgehammered in somewhere that Cloud's character is consistently written that he'd be willing to alienate himself / take blame / suffer in silence to protect people he cares about.

Last edited:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Reading through some more of the translated summaries on twitter.

So TOTP basically starts as Tifa and Aerith get to telling each other of their respective pasts right after they've left Midgar. The fact that Tifa's practically spilling out her feelings for Cloud to Aerith makes me feel confident that future chapters of the Remake won't have Aerith asking Cait Sith about her prospects of marrying Cloud, cos... well, that'd be pretty insensitive of her to do that after knowing the depth of Tifa's feelings for him. And having that in could undo a lot of the Aerti goodness that's already been established in the Remake.

(My brain keeps thinking that TOTP stands for Top of the Pops.)

JT77fp

Lv. 25 Adventurer
So TOTP basically starts as Tifa and Aerith get to telling each other of their respective pasts right after they've left Midgar.
Ahhh right. Good find. So it IS meant to fit into the main narrative, as Tifa's pov telling of her past. I was confused because the translations are all written in third person pov.

Two pasts, then Cloud tells his version at Kalm and everybody goes, "wtf!"

It's already been mentioned in the other thread, but apparently these conversations take place on the boat from Junon to Costa del Sol. I cannot confirm this, though.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Reading through some more of the translated summaries on twitter.

So TOTP basically starts as Tifa and Aerith get to telling each other of their respective pasts right after they've left Midgar. The fact that Tifa's practically spilling out her feelings for Cloud to Aerith makes me feel confident that future chapters of the Remake won't have Aerith asking Cait Sith about her prospects of marrying Cloud, cos... well, that'd be pretty insensitive of her to do that after knowing the depth of Tifa's feelings for him. And having that in could undo a lot of the Aerti goodness that's already been established in the Remake.

(My brain keeps thinking that TOTP stands for Top of the Pops.)

Actually, Tifa was lost in her thoughts at that moment, so no she didn't spill her feelings to Aerith. But I'm sure Aerith already knows them "follow your heart!" was not a throwaway line, nor her finding about the flower on her counter in the bar ;) This Aerith will be much more conflicted in her feelings than OG's Aerith, everything points to it - her resolution, notably, but also her visions of Zack.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Actually, Tifa was lost in her thoughts at that moment, so no she didn't spill her feelings to Aerith. But I'm sure Aerith already knows them "follow your heart!" was not a throwaway line, nor her finding about the flower on her counter in the bar ;) This Aerith will be much more conflicted in her feelings than OG's Aerith, everything points to it - her resolution, notably, but also her visions of Zack.

Oh, okay. That does make more sense than them blurting out their life stories right off the bat :lol:

JT77fp

Lv. 25 Adventurer
He actually hates Tifa because of her SLAVELIKE devotion to him
How did I miss this before? Obviously written by someone burnt out from the AoT/SnK fandom! Lol.

That does make more sense than them blurting out their life stories right off the bat
Haha, my thoughts too. A subtle point I'll raise is that this is Tifa thinking back and processing her feelings from her past, when she was growing up and losing her childhood securities. To me, this is more relevant to the audience at this stage. It's very different from a novel written from an omniscient point of view that presents these feelings as "facts", which would indeed make it more like a trashy teen romance novel (not that I really know what's in a trashy teen romance novel, admittedly).

Edit: Maybe I'm not using the right literary terms to describe it, but it makes a big difference, to my mind, the "voice" in which the novel is written.

Last edited:
Top Bottom