• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
Hope you don't give up! That really sucks tho, I'm sorry.

Yeah, seriously. The chocobo I posted earlier with max stamina, HP and attack dies after less than a round of SMG fire. Can only kick around 3 times if I don't jump, and the max damage it's done against a human is like 84 or so, I think. Yeah, you're not relying on chocobos for victory anymore :monster:

I actually used the Revival Ring for the first time and won with it. I dunno what happened but this Ranger was my final opponent, they hit me with Thundaga, I dashed out of it but still had taken damage, and then they finished me off with a machine gun. I was pissed but said "fuck it" and tried to revive myself.

And they stood there and let me.

I couldn't believe it. And then I figured it out.

They got disconnected :wacky: Their game must've crashed cause they just stood there, still as a statue.

So I crushed them like one. :awesome:

That was so cheap but I'll take it.

Now I have Doom in my next game. Really need to figure out how I'm going to win in 12 minutes or less.
Thanks ?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Update to my preferred setup!

I went through HOURS of headaches to find an emulator setup that works, only to find that it's buggy as hell, constantly skips frames, the controls are garbage, etc. Overall not worth it.

That being said! I found a nifty little program called scrcpy that mirrors my phone via USB connection, and it works AWESOME. I did up the bit rate from default to compensate for some (relatively minor) artifacting, but it works so good! Now my screen is twice as big! And another bonus, because I'm using a Microsoft surface, I can use the touchscreen just like I'm using my actual phone! I'm loving this setup!
20211221_092749_HDR.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The skill level is going up. People are tearing each other up faster and the meta is shifting.

Sorcerers and warriors are the two most dangerous styles. Sorcerers especially. Trance is lethal in that tiny final circle, and people just love hurling Firaga fireballs. Even if they blow themselves up.

It's fascinating seeing how the playstyles evolve over time. No game is ever the same. But you can see people adapting.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Double post for this momentous occasion.

Peerless Warrior.png

It says to show up tomorrow bright and early at Mako Reactor 0. I guess I'll be stationed beneath the Shinra Building or something? :awesomonster:

But yeah, Warrior has been fun as hell. Now I think I'll try a new style. I'm thinking Sorcerer. Gonna get some use out of how busted Fire/Fira/Firaga is before it's nerfed.

And make no mistake, it will be nerfed. It's completely obnoxious that Firaga can not only deal over 120 damage for 1 MP, but it doesn't even have to hit. Simply being near it, within an unmarked blast radius, deals full damage to the target. Not only that, but Sorcerers fire three Firaga at once, for 1 MP and it deals even more damage. Not only that, but with their special ability Trance, the cooldown time is cut significantly, allowing repeated spam-casting while they have increased movement speed and high speed MP recovery. Ridonkulous.

Developers already said they'll be thinking of a way to balance it due to it's power, so.. I think I'll get some use out of it before then. Might as well be on the other end of these damn fireballs while I can!

Can't say enough how much fun this game is. Murderbird meta and Firaga spam aside, this game is surprisingly well crafted and balanced. They put some real thought into making this game balanced, varied, and able to handle the RPG and BR elements simultaneously. There are hiccups and kinks to iron out, but their responsiveness and active listening to players really leaves one feeling optimistic. I want this game to succeed because it's good, and I can easily see this making a great transition to consoles and PC one day. It's mobile only status sucks but even with that in mind, it's a phenomenal game. A-Team and S-E really pulled off something off-the-wall and awesome. The fact I went from literal 0 BR game experience to getting the hang of this and winning is just... Wow.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Jesus H. Christ, 30 wins?! My god, you're a beast.
Unit 14 Lost Force
I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or if this is a reference I'm missing.
60181742.jpg

But in regards to sorcerer, I'm with you 100%. I've been playing it the last few times, and while it's definitely had more of a learning curve, spamming firaga is the tits. Especially when someone is chasing you, and you pop it at the corner right before they come around it. Something about killing someone without needing direct line of sight is satisfying as hell.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jesus H. Christ, 30 wins?! My god, you're a beast.

LOL thanks, I've just simply been playing. And FS is thankfully one of those games where repetition really does pay off. :wacky:

I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or if this is a reference I'm missing.
60181742.jpg

LOL, it's a Dirge of Cerberus Online mode reference. @Shademp and their Online Mode article goes into great detail.

To quote @Shademp and their article

"The Restrictors were the absolute will in Deepground. Disobedience to their orders meant death. By the time of the events in the Single Player, the Restrictors have been overthrown and the Tsviets of Color are now the dominating force.

The Restrictors belonged to the 14th SOLDIER Unit known as “Lost Force”, typically referred to as a unit that “wasn’t supposed to exist”. What this likely means is that the Unit didn’t exist officially. It is not clear if there are only the four Restrictors found in Deepground, or if more existed off-screen."

Would be really cool if they released skins based on that. Probably a bit too obscure but that or even just the DG SOLDIER trooper costumes would make me open my wallet in a heartbeat.

But in regards to sorcerer, I'm with you 100%. I've been playing it the last few times, and while it's definitely had more of a learning curve, spamming firaga is the tits. Especially when someone is chasing you, and you pop it at the corner right before they come around it. Something about killing someone without needing direct line of sight is satisfying as hell.

That's like... the cause of 99% of my deaths, LOL. Chasing someone down to melee them and then they suddenly turn around and haphazardly toss Firaga in my general direction. :awesomonster:

It's so nuts. I didn't bother with Firaga as a warrior until like after that achievement, because aiming magic with my PS5 controller isn't easy. But, then it clicked that you really don't have to aim that well with Firaga because the damn blast radius is so huge! So. Gonna party rock until it's over, lolol

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
@Makoeyes987
Wait, did you ACTUALLY receive an in-game invitation to Unit 14 Lost Force or are you just playing around? I *think* you're just kidding because I'm pretty sure if you received an invitation that you would provide snapshot evidence. :wacky:

LMAO no it was just a joke, there wasn't an actual mention of that. A-Team isn't that deep into Compilation references.

Yet.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Had a great session last night with @Makoeyes987 and @Erotic Materia, plus guest appearances from a few randoms when Erotic Materia had to bounce. We won! A lot! Which actually counts as my first time winning since the tutorial! Plus Mako got his Doom achievement, and one for surviving to the end while blasting a personal radio the whole time.

I wish I could take screenshots mid game without risking death, because there were some great moments. Personal fav - the three of us on chocobos hunting a team down through the slums like a goddamn velociraptor pack.

Close second would be the first time we won - it was me, Mako and a random who didn't have a mic and was mostly doing their own thing. Mako's app crashed and he died, I was running towards a PHS to revive him, when someone started shooting me. I think I literally said "oh hang on let me just kill this guy", smacked him with a sword a few times and then bam, victory screen! Literally my first win ever!

I also managed to learn not to run directly at the enemy when Mako's about to cast Firaga. I died like four times before learning this, but I did eventually learn it :monster:

received_343166227215090.jpeg

I realised the first time we won that we'd all chosen the same winning emote - the little action your character performs when you win. It's a cool sword spin attack that you get after hitting a certain level on the Warrior class.

So next time we won, I tried to get an even cooler shot of us all doing our badass sword flip and uh...

received_2137817813048211.jpeg

Made better by the fact that I accidentally closed the app while trying to take this shot, so I only found it once I'd stopped playing.

Finally, here's a couple of results shots, just to prove we're the best.

received_295952462459801.jpegreceived_638710354142818.jpegreceived_901715810546639.jpeg

Disclaimer that I'm pretty sure my kill count is only so high because the others soften the target up with magic and bullets, then I come in and killsteal with my sword haha.

If anyone else wants to play together let me know! I think I like team matches more than solo at this point. Just takes a bit of timezone coordination.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Had a lot of fun playing with you all. Those were great matches! Thanks to you all, I got that extremely difficult "Doom Defiance" achievement. It was awesome.

Disclaimer that I'm pretty sure my kill count is only so high because the others soften the target up with magic and bullets, then I come in and killsteal with my sword haha.

Naw, you were takin' names and kickin' ass :monster:

Welp, thanks for my new (clearly drunk) avatar

LOL a drunk Shock Trooper somehow makes his way into SOLDIER :wacky:

After those games, I kept playing for awhile, achievement hunting. And I accidentally kept playing Teams instead of Standard.

Little Giant.png

Too Good to Lose.png

They were legit. Thanks to random teammates and their help, I got the achievement for staying Level 1 an entire match and winning, and then winning 5 times in a row. That Unknown Entity was straight up Deadshot; they would just climb up somewhere. Bust out their sniper rifle, and then just pick off people left and right. LOL it was great.

Then, I decided I would go for one of the hardest achievements. After several hours and attempts,
Grand Slam.png

Grand Slam was a pain in the ass. First, I misunderstood the requirement of "6 types of guns." I thought it meant 6 different guns, but it means specifically "types." As in, handgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, large machine gun, small machine gun, and shotgun. So you have to find every type of gun in a match, use it to kill an opponent, and then find another to switch to. Chocobos have been nerfed so the only feasible time to kill a player with one is during the very beginning of a match, so I would land immediately near a chocobo signpost, call my bird, ride it, and kick to death the first player I found. The others kills weren't too difficult to do. A Sorcerer's melee attack is easily capable of killing a player early in the game, and I got my materia kill at the very end, KOing the last opponent. A chocobo rider who was coming at me, that I blew up with a Dragon Slave Firaga to the face. Took a long time to accomplish but satisfying to achieve.

Now I should try for Pacifist and Phantom. :awesome:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Had a great session last night with @Makoeyes987 and @Erotic Materia, plus guest appearances from a few randoms when Erotic Materia had to bounce. We won! A lot! Which actually counts as my first time winning since the tutorial! Plus Mako got his Doom achievement, and one for surviving to the end while blasting a personal radio the whole time.

I wish I could take screenshots mid game without risking death, because there were some great moments. Personal fav - the three of us on chocobos hunting a team down through the slums like a goddamn velociraptor pack.

Close second would be the first time we won - it was me, Mako and a random who didn't have a mic and was mostly doing their own thing. Mako's app crashed and he died, I was running towards a PHS to revive him, when someone started shooting me. I think I literally said "oh hang on let me just kill this guy", smacked him with a sword a few times and then bam, victory screen! Literally my first win ever!

I also managed to learn not to run directly at the enemy when Mako's about to cast Firaga. I died like four times before learning this, but I did eventually learn it :monster:

I realised the first time we won that we'd all chosen the same winning emote - the little action your character performs when you win. It's a cool sword spin attack that you get after hitting a certain level on the Warrior class.

So next time we won, I tried to get an even cooler shot of us all doing our badass sword flip and uh...

Made better by the fact that I accidentally closed the app while trying to take this shot, so I only found it once I'd stopped playing.

Finally, here's a couple of results shots, just to prove we're the best.

If anyone else wants to play together let me know! I think I like team matches more than solo at this point. Just takes a bit of timezone coordination.

A little off topic here, but am I the only one who dislikes the mouth masks? I mean, the last thing I want when playing a fantasy game, is to be reminded of real world problems.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Had a lot of fun playing with you all. Those were great matches! Thanks to you all, I got that extremely difficult "Doom Defiance" achievement. It was awesome.

Naw, you were takin' names and kickin' ass :monster:

LOL a drunk Shock Trooper somehow makes his way into SOLDIER :wacky:

After those games, I kept playing for awhile, achievement hunting. And I accidentally kept playing Teams instead of Standard.

They were legit. Thanks to random teammates and their help, I got the achievement for staying Level 1 an entire match and winning, and then winning 5 times in a row. That Unknown Entity was straight up Deadshot; they would just climb up somewhere. Bust out their sniper rifle, and then just pick off people left and right. LOL it was great.

Then, I decided I would go for one of the hardest achievements. After several hours and attempts,

Grand Slam was a pain in the ass. First, I misunderstood the requirement of "6 types of guns." I thought it meant 6 different guns, but it means specifically "types." As in, handgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, large machine gun, small machine gun, and shotgun. So you have to find every type of gun in a match, use it to kill an opponent, and then find another to switch to. Chocobos have been nerfed so the only feasible time to kill a player with one is during the very beginning of a match, so I would land immediately near a chocobo signpost, call my bird, ride it, and kick to death the first player I found. The others kills weren't too difficult to do. A Sorcerer's melee attack is easily capable of killing a player early in the game, and I got my materia kill at the very end, KOing the last opponent. A chocobo rider who was coming at me, that I blew up with a Dragon Slave Firaga to the face. Took a long time to accomplish but satisfying to achieve.

Now I should try for Pacifist and Phantom. :awesome:
Bruh. You're cool. But maybe you should take a breather lol

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
WHAT'S UP EVERYONE I GET TO SIT AT THE GROWN UP TABLE NOW

Screenshot_20211226-221000.png

I've been on a roll tonight. Being more aggressive has changed the game for me. I no longer take my time, careful of my footsteps, and watch the battlefield from the bushes. I actively seek out opponents and treasure chests. I've been getting 6-9 kills per match and consistently finishing in the top 3. Turns out, other players are as scared of me as I am of them! So strike first and strike hard!

Another big game changer is finally feeling comfortable enough with the controls to use all my resources. For example, when I see a enemy, I fire off all my magic. The other players seem to assume that I know what I'm doing and freak out. Then I finish them off while they're bewildered. Great fun.

Funny story, I got this win while chilling with my family and watching Home Alone :lol: Happy holidays everyone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom