• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Early version Lightning mod + cloud shadows

https://modworkshop.net/mod/38376

can't wait to try it!

Not the final version, but it already looks much closer to how the game looked. As I understand, it was done by utilizing and modifying unused weather presets.

There's plenty of awesome recent mods in the page.

Last edited:

Redbaron97

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I'd like to share some few thoughts regarding the game since it was one of my most hyped games to play.
Well, XV had a long complicated history in terms of development but after waiting 4 years after the royal edition release and finally getting the chance to play it, I'd say it was well worth it. Granted, the way the story was presented was atrocious since it was chopped up to a basic game, a movie, a novella and an anime, it could've been presented better, tbh.
But after playing the whole FF15 universe in chronological order, I'd say it was an alright experience.
The combat is where the game really shines. It's fast-paced and action-packed just the way I want it. The weapons could've been a bit better with their design but they sure do pack a punch. Noct's signature swords and bows, Gladio's Greatswords and axes , Iggy's Daggers and Polearms and Prompto's Firearms do provide versatility in combat. Best thing about them is that you can switch the weapons in between, meaning Noct can have access to almost every weapon including the HP draining Royal Arms (which makes no sense to me.)
The Summoning System can sure use an improvement seeing as they can only be used once in a day and you'll have to wait an in-game whole day just to summon another one (and with different prerequisites to summon a different summon.)
The characters could've been fleshed out better. Especially the girls in this game with more characterization. But that may be just me.
Cooking was a refresher to see though! It always made me hungry, but fishing was a chore to do albeit the scenery it provided was beautiful as well!
The DLC were a nice addition to the lore and expanded on the characters perfectly as well! Really really wished they would've continued the second season pass involving luna, aranea and noct but eh, it is what it is. Oh, and not to mention the flying Regalia, man it gave off some pretty cool flying sensation.
All in all, it's one of the most memorable experiences I've had with this game. It's beautiful, it's amazing and it could've been a bit better though.

Reactions: Wol

KiNg-MU

Lv. 1 Adventurer
A while back I posted to Reddit how I would improve the narrative structure of FFXV given the current FFXV universe. I tried to make it something that could happen realistically, so no major rewrites just simple additions, inserts and edits mainly to bring all of the FFXV universe into the singular game format and expand on story elements that needed it. It is a lengthy read but I can assure you that it is worth it as I put some time and thought into it and am proud of how it came through! At the time I posted it was fresh off of my FFXV playthrough consuming all of its media (trailers and novel included) in an appropriate sequential order similar to what can be seen in the post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/x91h4r
If SE/LumiPro would ever come back to this game, especially for its 10th/15th anniversary (2026/2031), and they were to implement at least some of the things I suggested it would completely transform the FFXV experience into a completely different game. And who knows what LumiPro are working on now that Forspoken is due to release and they are now undoubtedly working on their next project...

I know some would rather see a Versus reboot but I don't think that's feasible at this point and I would rather much see Nomura's ideas in KH4/Verum Rex and I think he does as well at this point... XV stands on its own now and has deviated to the point where it has its own identity but has too much of a similar image to Versus, making it redundant to be a thing and potentially a financial liability. I personally am of those that enjoyed the original ideas of Versus and what XV had to offer and unfortunately, both could not be fleshed out, and I wish the day would come that they are in the form of an FFXV COMPLETE so to speak and whatever the future is with KH and Verum Rex.

But anyway thank you if you took the time to read this and the linked post!

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Really put a lot of thought into this, huh. A few stuff mentioned align with what I myself expressed in forums, such as the beginning having to feature refugees. Chapter 2's tone goes from tragic to regular way too fast. I specially liked how you contextualized Bahamut's motivations and Noctis and Luna's role reflecting Ifrit and Shiva, even if I despise some Dawn of the Future developments and would want the least amount possible from it.

The sad part is that, realistically, the most we can expect is a glorified remaster down the line at this point. So far, only FFVIIR received this kind of treatment and after decades from the original's release and constant demand from fans and media asking about it.

---------------------------------

The nice part is that modding could make a few things of what you mentioned possible or at least some relevant improvements.

I've actually became a FFXV modder last year and the potential with future tools is exciting. At Exineris, the modding discord, we only have Kizari working on a level editor so it's not set in stone when it's going to come out. He also created Flagrum, which makes installing mods and extracting scripts from the game's files extremely easy. The guy is basically carrying FFXV's modding scene.

Regarding what I have done far, here's my profile if anyone is interested (check the main page, a lot of cool stuff there):

My recent project was inspired by the Lestallum's lights from EPDuscae. I increased the LOD models illumination of locations around Lucis by editing emissive values, etc.

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 20.47.55.86.png

I have also edited a cutscene to look exactly like a pre-release version of it by altering climate, clothe ID, and time of day:

for comparison

In theory, anything can be edited if the formats are reverse-engineered and someone cares enough to learn how the game works.

Last edited:

KiNg-MU

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Really put a lot of thought into this, huh. A few stuff mentioned align with what I myself expressed in forums, such as the beginning having to feature refugees. Chapter 2's tone goes from tragic to regular way too fast. I specially liked how you contextualized Bahamut's motivations and Noctis and Luna's role reflecting Ifrit and Shiva, even if I despise some Dawn of the Future developments and would want the least amount possible from it.

The sad part is that, realistically, the most we can expect is a glorified remaster down the line at this point. So far, only FFVIIR received this kind of treatment and after decades from the original's release and constant demand from fans and media asking about it.

---------------------------------

The nice part is that modding could make a few things of what you mentioned possible or at least some relevant improvements.

I've actually became a FFXV modder last year and the potential with future tools is exciting. At Exineris, the modding discord, we only have Kizari working on a level editor so it's not set in stone when it's going to come out. He also created Flagrum, which makes installing mods and extracting scripts from the game's files extremely easy. The guy is basically carrying FFXV's modding scene.

Regarding what I have done far, here's my profile if anyone is interested (check the main page, a lot of cool stuff there):

My recent project was inspired by the Lestallum's lights from EPDuscae. I increased the LOD models illumination of locations around Lucis by editing emissive values, etc.

View attachment 13359

I have also edited a cutscene to look exactly like a pre-release version of it by altering climate, clothe ID, and time of day:

for comparison

In theory, anything can be edited if the formats are reverse-engineered and someone cares enough to learn how the game works.
Yeah the game definitely needed more to connect it to the insomnia invasion and Kingsglaive, showing the refugees would have definitely helped lol. I tried my best to be inclusive of all the media and lore of XV as possible without disrespecting the main game canon from 2016 we all know and love whilst making connections in the already established lore that we have so thank you for noticing!

The unfortunate thing is that you are likely correct. If SE/Lumi Pro we’re to even put in a quarter of the things I suggested it would probably be quite costly and take too long for it to even be beneficial for a re release. Heck my post as a whole would make it a completely different game fundamentally I feel, not just in its essence but would also change it’s coding/programming. Square sure are weird with this whole remaster and remake thing… I can totally just see SE having Lumi Pro release essentially a maxed out PC version for consoles with Ep Ardyn in 2026/2031 on PS5/PS6. But then again they could give the remaster the level of love as Crisis Core Reunion in comparison to its PSP counterpart, which, if that is the case, I would love to see some of my suggestions implemented. XV has a strong general love worldwide comparable to VII I would say. Also would anyone know how I could get SE/Lumi Pro to see my suggestions? Would be great if it had an impact on the future of the game.

And wow, I remember that lighting from the pre-beta, definitely made the game unique looking. The only suggestions that I can feasibly see being added through mods is perhaps making the opening to the game, the Kingsglaive opening like I mentioned, create an insomnia prologue through Kingsglaive scenes and recreating parting ways in game (The JP voices are available) essentially through custom quest lines, and then insert the omen and dawn trailer like I suggested. After galdin quay the events of Kingsglaive can be modded in fully with playable segments spliced throughout with the help of mods? But Yh some that I mentioned seems to be possible theoretically as custom quest lines inserted throughout the story, and perhaps resorting to typical text speeches.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Yeah the game definitely needed more to connect it to the insomnia invasion and Kingsglaive, showing the refugees would have definitely helped lol. I tried my best to be inclusive of all the media and lore of XV as possible without disrespecting the main game canon from 2016 we all know and love whilst making connections in the already established lore that we have so thank you for noticing!

The unfortunate thing is that you are likely correct. If SE/Lumi Pro we’re to even put in a quarter of the things I suggested it would probably be quite costly and take too long for it to even be beneficial for a re release. Heck my post as a whole would make it a completely different game fundamentally I feel, not just in its essence but would also change it’s coding/programming. Square sure are weird with this whole remaster and remake thing… I can totally just see SE having Lumi Pro release essentially a maxed out PC version for consoles with Ep Ardyn in 2026/2031 on PS5/PS6. But then again they could give the remaster the level of love as Crisis Core Reunion in comparison to its PSP counterpart, which, if that is the case, I would love to see some of my suggestions implemented. XV has a strong general love worldwide comparable to VII I would say. Also would anyone know how I could get SE/Lumi Pro to see my suggestions? Would be great if it had an impact on the future of the game.

And wow, I remember that lighting from the pre-beta, definitely made the game unique looking. The only suggestions that I can feasibly see being added through mods is perhaps making the opening to the game, the Kingsglaive opening like I mentioned, create an insomnia prologue through Kingsglaive scenes and recreating parting ways in game (The JP voices are available) essentially through custom quest lines, and then insert the omen and dawn trailer like I suggested. After galdin quay the events of Kingsglaive can be modded in fully with playable segments spliced throughout with the help of mods? But Yh some that I mentioned seems to be possible theoretically as custom quest lines inserted throughout the story, and perhaps resorting to typical text speeches.
Yeah, I wouldn't expected anything than a safe remaster. They completed abandoned the game after cancelling season 2 DLC and the mod tools they've promised. It's been 2-3 years since they don't update the game, didn't even bothered to remove Ignis photo contest lol.

When it comes to mods, some of what you mentioned would take a lot of work to realize. For now, the best modders can already do some sort of quests, battles, add itens and such, you can look at the mod page for Wizmas Chocobo Post, a Christmas based-event. The focus of the programmer is in having other tools available first though rather than focus on making the best possible mods now.

As making the world more dynamic, it's already possible to edit the ecology of the game by making more creatures spawn with script edits. I've even spawned some birds in Leide, but the process will be much more efficient with a level editor of course. Currently, I'm working on increasing VFX on almost all the areas with the idea of making the world feel a bit more alive too (including a few unused effects).

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
My most awaited mod finally released! Some years ago I thought this would never happen, but here we are, playing with the visuals from pre-release versions.

Screenshot (4421).png

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2023.03.11 - 22.42.15.67.png

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2023.03.14 - 10.25.07.96.png

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2023.03.13 - 22.59.23.83.png

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2023.03.15 - 21.00.49.88.png

Absolutely love this CG aesthetic.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4451).png
    Screenshot (4451).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (4548).png
    Screenshot (4548).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Huh, that's interesting. I don't think I've given much thought to the lighting change from before and after launch. Cool
Yeah, the change is pretty noticeable compared to 2014 trailers and the demos (and they are different even between them). In fact, this mod restored unused "climate" presets found in the release files.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah, the change is pretty noticeable compared to 2014 trailers and the demos (and they are different even between them). In fact, this mod restored unused "climate" presets found in the release files.
Y'know in spite of my mixed feelings towards this game it's awesome to see it has a thriving and active modding community.

Reactions: Wol

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Y'know in spite of my mixed feelings towards this game it's awesome to see it has a thriving and active modding community.
It's not quite there yet in terms of "activeness" unfortunately. There are only a few modders and 1 programmer doing the heavy-lifting (the guy developed the modding tool, takes care of its regular updates, ported the entire Chocomog festival and it's currently working on the level editor). Needless to say, that's a lot for one person so we hope more people join in.

---------
About my own projects, I released like a month ago the Expanded VFX mod that adds new VFX and increases the radius of existing effects on the field.

Finished the mod that changes Noctis eyes to red and allows them to glow outside summon sequences:

And lately I've been messing around with weapon VFX after doing a long testing session to see which VFX in the files could work. I tried sucessfully to add effects used by other characters like Sarah, Gladio and Gilgamesh.

But there is a lot of potential to other things as well

Screenshot (5541).png

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2023.04.24 - 20.28.50.36.png

Last edited:

OverLimit

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Still can't accept the fact that we'll never play Versus XIII. That was one of the games that I looked forward to with maximum anticipation. From the announcement trailer to gameplay trailer, Versus XIII had all to make it one of the best games ever.

It's not that FFXV is a bad game, but certainly it is not the one that Versus XIII had a potential to be.

Top Bottom