• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official "Where will Rebirth end?" Thread

Where do you think Rebirth will end?

• At Junon! I'm serious!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nibelheim to Nibelheim, the perfect bookends. A real Nibelheim sandwich!

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Temple of the Ancients. Can't ask for a better final dungeon

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • The Forgotten City, because you know......

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Northern Crater. It's far away, but too good to pass up

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • The Weapon attack on Junon, the Highwind takes to the skies!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even further. You're going to need to explain this one...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unknown, the story will go so far off the rails by then

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think something to keep in mind is how the characters are going to be balanced for every character to feel useful?

We already have the core 4 from the first game, then Red and Yuffie. That bumps the roster up to 6. Then add Cid, Vincent, Cait Sith... That's more than double the roster from the first game.

...Something tells me that Cait Sith isn't going to a main controllable character in the same way the rest are. This is an incredibly stacked cast for a character-action game.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
After losing Aerith in the OG, Cait Sith was the next closest thing to a mage. At least in terms of magic being his main stat. So that’s a role he could fill. Cid has the dragoon advantage of strategically being in the air. I guess I picture Vincent as sort of a free summon. Red… is useful for my own personal happiness because I love him goddamnit.

waw

Pro Adventurer
...Something tells me that Cait Sith isn't going to a main controllable character in the same way the rest are. This is an incredibly stacked cast for a character-action game.
This would make me incredibly sad.

I expect an expansion to Cait Sith. They included him watching the plate fall. I think on the low-effort end of things they'll ditch the Moogle and put him on Red XIII's back a la Advent Children. I hope this isn't the case though.

Best case scenario for me? We can get different "dolls" for Cait Sith to ride on. Giant Moogle? Marlboro? Fat Chocobo? Other silly things. I'd love it.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Since it's a trilogy, and the first part was only Midgar, I think they are following the 3 acts structure of the original game. The conflict in Midgar is the beginning, traveling the world towards Reunion is the middle, and trying to stop Meteor is the end.

So I don't see Rebirth ending anywhere else but the Northern Crater, where the Reunion happens.

Well, maybe a post-credit scene in Junon, of Tifa looking up and seeing Meteor.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Cait Sith on Nanaki's back at some point/

Since it's a trilogy, and the first part was only Midgar, I think they are following the 3 acts structure of the original game. The conflict in Midgar is the beginning, traveling the world towards Reunion is the middle, and trying to stop Meteor is the end.

So I don't see Rebirth ending anywhere else but the Northern Crater, where the Reunion happens.

Well, maybe a post-credit scene in Junon, of Tifa looking up and seeing Meteor.

Yeah, this is basically exactly what I see happening. Of course, this is assuming they don't just go wild here and take a whole new route.

In my best case scenario, we're looking at around 20 chapters:

Chapter 1 - Nibelheim Incident & Kalm
Chapter 2 - Chocobo Ranch and & swamplands
Chapter 3 - Mythril Mine
Chapter 4 - Fort Condor
Chapter 5 - Yuffie & Junon
Chapter 6 - Crossing the Ocean
Chapter 7 - Costa del Sol
Chapter 8 - Mt. Corel & North Corel
Chapter 9 - Gold Saucer
Chapter 10 - Desert Prison
Chapter 11 - Chocobo Race & "Open" World
Chapter 12 - Cosmo Canyon
Chapter 13 - Return to Nibelheim
Chapter 14 - Rocket Town
Chapter 15 - Wutai first visit
Chapter 16 - Temple of the Ancients
Chapter 17 - Bone Village / Sleeping Forest
Chapter 18 - Forgotten City
Chapter 19 - Icicle Inn
Chapter 20 - Northern Crater/ Final Confrontation

Of course, there could be some additions or subtractions here. Wutai itself may be moved into the third game entirely. So we might get just another 18 chapters. Hard to say.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really don't get how people keep thinking Cait Sith isn't going to be a "real" character.

He's always been a real character and always will be. There's never been this discrimination over Cait's role. They like Cait, and the fact they made sure to make him a playable character in a friggin' action/shooter game should extinguish any fears of reticence of utilizing him. He'll be fully utilized and animated and it'll be hilarious.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Really don't get how people keep thinking Cait Sith isn't going to be a "real" character.

He's always been a real character and always will be. There's never been this discrimination over Cait's role. They like Cait, and the fact they made sure to make him a playable character in a friggin' action/shooter game should extinguish any fears of reticence of utilizing him. He'll be fully utilized and animated and it'll be hilarious.

Not only is he a real character, I am betting we'll get a side mission wherein we play him exclusively.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I mostly just foresee balancing issues and think it might be a wise idea to cut pieces of the roster where they can get away with it.

I don't particularly care what they decide to do with Cait either which way, I just think 9 useable characters is a lot.

Last edited:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Wutai won't be in part 2, one of the devs already told us that. And since one of the devs said he would like to see Crisis Core's locations in the remake project, maybe they could be sidequests. Much better than finding cats, right?

Anyway, here's some trivia that may be relevant to the discussion:

- Originally, Aerith wouldn't be killed in the Forgotten City, but in the Northern Crater. The real(shirtless) Sephiroth would stab her from above, just like in the original game. And that's why we see Sephiroth without his gloves, during a portion of that cutscene.

- The version of OWA that plays in Remake, is called One Winged Angel Rebirth, and Bizarro Sephiroth is called Rebirth Sephiroth in Japanese.

Reactions: waw

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
I mostly just foresee balancing issues and think it might be a wise idea to cut pieces of the roster where they can get away with it.

I don't particularly chare what they decide to do with Cait either which way, I just think 9 useable characters is a lot.
I think he'll sit on red 13's head

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I highly doubt he'd sit on Red's head, except maybe for certain cutscenes. For battle, I don't see it working.

That being said, there's a surprising amount of artwork portraying this exact scenario.
d24351ea43a9ed9bbde1ea6e1f0191f3.png

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Changed my vote to the Northern Crater and am about to throw down some major speculation.

Like Remake before it, I think Rebirth's plot will generally follow the original game's, though it'll build up its own mysteries. Instead of the Whispers we'll have Zack. Also like Remake, the biggest deviations will occur late in the story, starting with Aerith's survival at the Forgotten City (don't @ me!) and ending with Sephiroth's new "endgame" being revealed at the Northern Crater. I'm betting this endgame will involve something a whole lot bigger than just Meteor.

On Aerith living: in Remake, Aerith has the ability to pass memories/feelings to another, as seen with Marlene in 7th Heaven. To me this is like chekhov's gun. I doubt its only purpose is to calm down children, especially since Marlene was just about to say something revealing before Aerith shushes her. I imagine at some point this new ability will be used on Cloud, whether intentionally or by accident. He'll fight to save her and succeed. However, the story isn't over yet.

On Sephiroth's endgame: I'm a multiverse guy, so buckle up non-believers. To be more specific, I think the universes experience time differently, as in December in the Beagle universe (Remake) is occurring simultaneously with September in the Terrier universe (Zack's last stand). As we know, the goal of the Whispers was to maintain the events of the original game. To ensure the planet is saved from Meteor (presumably). However, now that the Whispers are defeated, things may become unstable. I imagine Meteor is starting to destroy the planet in other universes. Remember, I think the universes are at different points in time, so some may be as far as January when Meteofall occurs. With each planet that is destroyed, Septhiroth absorbs it and grows stronger. Sort of like an inter-dimensional Jenova. However, unlike Jenova, he's not doing this without reason. As alluded to in the Edge of Creation scene, there's something out there that Sephiroth is fighting against. I think his endgame is to grow strong enough to resist "joining" whatever that is, as he put it.

Though the party saves Aerith at the Forgotten City, their victory begins to feel hollow as they imagine the countless planets that have been lost to Sephiroth already. Ultimately, saving just one Aerith is futile.

We lose Cloud, Meteor is summoned, the Weapons awake, Zack is involved, cue Part 3.

Last edited:

waw

Pro Adventurer
I just think 9 useable characters is a lot.
It really is, with a lot of nuance to their weapons and growth. Man, the detail in building our 4-people in Remake? I can't wait to do that with everyone, but I also think we will get everyone. There have been no hints from the devs we won't, imo. Cutting Cait Sith alone is a weird decision.

My only hope is Cait Sith can change what he rides and that Vincent gets his scythes back. (Okay, so those won't happen. I'm hopeless!)

Wutai won't be in part 2, one of the devs already told us that.
Didn't they say we won't see it "for a while"? If that's the case, Rebirth is a ways off.... But I agree.

- Originally, Aerith wouldn't be killed in the Forgotten City, but in the Northern Crater.
Okay. So fakeout at Forgotten City, saved by Zack or Cloud, only to possibly die in the Northern Crater? XD Harsh!

. Instead of the Whispers we'll have Zack.
Sold.

Aerith has the ability to pass memories/feelings to another, as seen with Marlene in 7th Heaven.
But her memory powers (at least visions of the future?) are now gone with the Whispers being gone, right?

Sort of like an inter-dimensional Jenova.
Most FF games had a fakeout, right? We see a bad guy force. Shinra Company, one of many empires, evil Dark Knight, whatever. But about a third of the way through the game, the real villain gets revealed. Someone more powerful and devastating than the structural/societal villain we were fighting. FF7 OG did this with Shinra and Sephiroth quite nicely.

I do suspect that Jenova, rather than Sephiroth, will be the final villain. I do think that there'll be some sort of... I don't think Redemption is the right word, but that chunk of Humanity that Sephiroth cast off? That piece will get... saved/peace. with the weird time-wimey stuff going on, Ancient Jenova who isn't braindead can surface. I think Seph asked Cloud for help for a reason.

There's always a bigger fish.... or headless breasted shapeshifting alien monster thing.

Sephiroth isn't the infestation of the Planet. Jenova is.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I was mostly a fan of ending at Forgotten City. Especially if the events play out in the same manner as OG. A couple days ago, I changed my mind to NC. Cloud handing over the black materia to Sephiroth Is perfect for the Rebirth theme. We'd get the 3 Jenova battles (birth, life and death) I also think having Cloud as the final boss, would be a great twist, and a perfect thing to end on. With wutai being shifted to game 3, they could also move Vincent there. That way, we'll get one new character that game.

Top Bottom