• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ody's Scanlations

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
As some of you are aware, for like a year now I've been hard at work doing scanlations of the various FF7 guide books with the help of @TurquoiseHammer. I never made a thread for it before, but as the latest section I'm doing uses TLS' own translations, so I figured I finally should.

All of my scans can be found in this google drive:

So far I've done over 350 pages from FF7 Dismantled, The Ultimania Omega, and the Remake Ultimania. I'm just now starting the 10th Anniversary Ultimania's character profiles using the translations found here on TLS since it'd be redundant for Turq to redo them lol. See here:

I dunno if I should spam this thread every time I update or what.

Lex

Administrator
Excellent to see stuff like this. I'm glad you've started a thread, I was going to encourage you to do that over the time I've seen you and TH work through this on Twitter but didn't want to put pressure on you. Excited to have some of the stuff documented here :)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Really the work that's gone into all these translations over the last few years is just staggering.

X :neo:
End goal is to make basically every lore-relevant thing from any official material that was never released in English easily accessible to everyone. Like, all that in-character stuff from Dismantled was impossible to find before.

roku

Pro Adventurer
I honestly think that's intentional to an extent. It wouldn't shock me of the English localization team is trying to downplay any connections to the compilation unless absolutely necessary.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Remake has the best localization in terms of dialogue, but the worst in terms of recognizing references to other FF7 stuff lol. There's way more examples than just those.

They've got Dissidia to catch up to. "This isn't the place to stop," indeed. (No gettin' off this train)

I honestly think that's intentional to an extent. It wouldn't shock me of the English localization team is trying to downplay any connections to the compilation unless absolutely necessary.

Why?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It gets even more convoluted with CCR, which retains much of the PSP version's localization. So in CCR it's still "The Science Department" and not the "Research and Development Department", "Guard Scorpion" instead of "Scorpion Sentinel", etc.

One of the sadder losses is in the Yuffie DLC. In the old VR chamber, the boss you face is called "Diabolic Creation" in English, but in Japanese is called "Heretic Rayleigh", which is both a reference to "Heretic Hojo" from the OG as well as a seemingly grim final fate for Professor Rayleigh from Before Crisis.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LMFAO

Nomura in 1997. Young dumb and full of... You know. :awesomonster:

This is a perfect example as to why it's great we have higher graphic fidelity. You don't have to limit characters to single defining visual characteristics anymore. We can make them look more human while also retaining unique character design.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
*squints*

You know, for everything that stands out about Barret, I would never have guessed the scar on his face is supposed to be his striking feature.

Top Bottom