Kingdom Hearts III

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
After watching the latest Super Smash Bros: Ultimate trailer with the Adventure Mode,
especially where even Cloud disintegrates which is similar to the ending of Avengers: Infinity War, NOW I'm half-convinced that's how KH3 ending or the final battle against Xehanort will play out since a lot of companies seem to be inspired by the fact many heroes die while the bad guy wins and gets what he wants these days. Please for the love of us KH fans, Nomura, don't turn KH3 into another Infinity War and kill off the awesome characters!...which I still think will happen.

Anyway, seeing Sora with Flynn is cute.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
This tangled trailer pretty much sums up what I've always felt frustrated about in the entire series until now: We finally now have a game where we feel like we're IN the movies, instead of just feeling like we're in a themepark recreation devoid of all life besides heartless and nobodies.

It's a bit bitter sweet since it's awesome to see it finally happen and done so well, but at the same time it kind of retroactively makes the rest of the entire series drop in quality when put next to KHIII in this regard.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
*sigh* not this again Tasha...

What's there to suggest KH3 will have an ending like Avengers: Infinity War?

Since this is your thesis, name 5 or more big companies that have pulled that kind of ending after the released of Marvel's lastest crossover movie.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Okay, I overreacted again. Sorry. It just seems that way to me and, seeing that KH3 will be the darkest of all the KH games, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate pulling off something similar to Avengers: Infinity War, and with Cloud in the latter game(since I doubt he'll return in KH3 despite how much I want him to be in that game), that's how I'm feeling the upcoming game in January will end up or something similar.

I've been preparing myself for the worst when it comes to the fates of Sora, Riku, Kairi(especially her), Roxas, Xion, Namine, Lea, Isa, Terra, Ventus and Aqua, and maybe even Mickey, Donald and Goofy(though it's extremely unlikely Disney would ever allow the Disney Trio be killed and not return to life), and as much as I am still hoping for a Happy Ending for the game, that hope is fading each day.

I can't name five or more of the big companies, but I can at least say that Nintendo pulled it off already and Ultimate is out in a month and one day from now, and it wouldn't surprise me that Square Enix would eventually go down that road. Sorry that I overreacted over nothing again.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You are definitely overreacting over nothing, Tash. You're upset over a trailer of all things in the case of "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." And that trailer is obviously advertising a premise that the player will spend much of their time reversing the horror depicted at the beginning.

In the case of "Infinity War," the comic storyline that served as the source of inspiration for the film has as its premise that
Thanos wipes out half of all life in the universe and the remaining heroes
must then try to undo it (which they did and will do so again).

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I won't argue there, except that I wasn't really upset with the trailer. It was that, given Nomura's role in the game since he designed Cloud despite the fact that he once mentioned that he hates Nintendo for some reason, it sort of increased my fears of how KH3 will play out. Especially since Nomura's upset with the fact that Xehanort's gonna be ancient history and maybe he's using the dark material he was unable to use in FFXV(when he was kicked out of the project when the game was still Versus XIII at the time) for KH3.

The only way to undo Thanos's destruction is to figure out how to travel back in time and prevent him from doing so, but with him having the Time Stone, that'll be extremely difficult and the only thing we know of so far...or at least I do, is that Spider Man will return and his upcoming film is set after the next Avenger's film coming out next year.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I had a feeling the Hundred Acre Wood would return. Not to complain or anything, but I still wish Agrabah would return, but that's extremely unlikely at this point. Probably because one, Jafar's not in it and two, it has a new exclusive bad guy.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay who else thinks Hayner going to kick Ansem SoD is the best thing ever?

Also... nooo Demyx :( You're not useless. I like that he doesn't want to go along with it though... whatever it is. We're still not clear on what he and Vexen are up to.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Would that mean Hayner's gonna have an important role in the next saga, or is he one of the potiental new Keyblade wielders?

Also, someone once made a theory that Demyx and Vexen are disguising themselves as members under the real Ansem's orders or something. I'm probably wrong, but you never know. I'd hate to see Demyx killed off for good. He may be a slacker, but I really like him; He's cute in the games, and HILARIOUS in the Manga!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Or maybe they're wearing special eye contacts to make it more convincing.:awesome:

Edit-15/11/2018: I forgot to mention, but seeing that mysterious Skyworld Sora's in via his other selves, along with Chirithy, I'm wondering if it's either an Afterlife during the final battle or a Dream where he has to fully restore himself in order to return but at the cost of dying in the final battle against Xehanort?

Another thing, I wish there was an Interview where Nomura would confirm that Agrabah's not returning due to no Jafar or perhaps he didn't like the King of Thieves due to it's happy ending and thus decided to have At World's End due to it's not quite happy ending which reflects on how much he relates himself to Xehanort.

Last thing, I think Moogles will be the only Final Fantasy characters returning for KH3 and they scrapped the Restoration Committee(except Merlin since he's the only Disney full time member), Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth all together.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
(Sarcastically)Nomura's Big Announcement: Kingdom Hearts 3 is the LAST game of the series, Nomura quits the Franchise...Or, Xehanort confirmed to remain as the Main Antagonist and Sora dies since KH3 is the final chapter of the "Sora Saga"(End Sarcasm)

Awesome trailer, and I'm glad that the game is finally finished, but I got a half-bad feeling about Nomura's actual announcement next month...I said half-bad, so there's some half-good feeling but I don't want to get my hopes up.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Is there a "recommended" way to play the original if all you own is a PS4?? I played it back in ye olde PS2 days, but just thought the whole thing was too ridiculous, once I started flying around in a ship made of candy, I basically doubled over with laughter and threw in the towel. Yeah, I was 'cool' back then. Now, it's still completely ridiculous, but so am I, much more so. Soooo....yeah.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
https://store.playstation.com/en-us...2031_00-COLLECTION300000?emcid=se-pi-147509$$
You can get the all-in-one package on the PS store, gives you a pre-order for KH3 and instant access to all the previously released HD ReMixes.

If you're asking about play order, this is my recommended order:
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Re:Chain of Memories
358/2 Days "Movie"
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Re:coded "Movie"
Birth by Sleep Final Mix (with playing Terra first, Ventus second, and Aqua third)
3D: Dream Drop Distance
then finally the χ Back Cover movie and 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage should be played/watched last.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
A new somebody has appeared in JP KHUX,
the older sister of Strelitzia - Elrena.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/9zbjbu
Turns out Larxene is also from the past as well...
Actually, there is ambiguity as to
which one Strelitzia is related to, as Lauriam's wording is very vague. Currently opinion has shifted to her being Lauriam's sister.
Here is KHInsider's translated version of the story scenes, including a discussion by the Union leaders regarding the PvP mechanic.

Top Bottom