• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Also, does it really kill you guys in the soul to "ASSUME NOTHING"?

Just EMPTY YOUR MIND. *meditative pose*

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
No, no, you're wrong.

Not making an assumption is not the same as assuming absolutely nothing.

If I just followed the pace of the story, then nothing happened IN the story beyond what the story told ME.

I know you guys are trying to confuse me, but it's not going to work.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If you take what he said at face value, then perhaps he might have had a point, however... saying that something is logical or possible is not the same as saying it is true.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If we perceive that Cloud has no fingers (being a blocky graphical 3D sprite with blocks for hands), then HOW IN THE WORLD does he hold his Buster Sword, nevermind anything else? *classic Strongbad question*

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If you take what he said at face value, then perhaps he might have had a point, however... saying that something is logical or possible is not the same as saying it is true.

Yeah, if one assumed something was demonstratively true, they'd consider it canon. The remainder of what they imagined that they don't know is headcanon. That's why the distinction exists. Like Carlie says, the screen faded to black. Cloud and Tifa's night under the Highwind doesn t exist in a quantum state where it only happens if we observe it. Their night kept going. The player is expected to think for themselves as to what that might've looked like.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Blade, I don’t understand why you are so vehemently against people using their imagination to fill in some gaps. No one is asking you to accept headcanons as canon. If you’re content with never daydreaming and wondering about the “what-ifs” and “maybes,” that’s fine, but that gives you no right to chastise other people for dabbling in it. No one is a pervert for coming to the (frankly, logical) conclusion that Tifa and Cloud had a little hanky spanky. No one is “weak” for dreaming up headcanons. Please, cool your jets, dude. Reading you rant from your high horse is extremely offputting. “Purists” and dreamers alike can coexist.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Yeah, if one assumed something was demonstratively true, they'd consider it canon. The remainder of what they imagined that they don't know is headcanon. That's why the distinction exists. Like Carlie says, the screen faded to black. Cloud and Tifa's night under the Highwind doesn t exist in a quantum state where it only happens if we observe it. Their night kept going. The player is expected to think for themselves as to what that might've looked like.
Anything could have happened after that Fade to Black.... ANYTHING. Cloud and Tifa could have been sent to Dissidia Duodecim's World B to fight as battle slaves for Cosmos and Chaos in that amount of time if we were to go that far with assumptions.

Blade, I don’t understand why you are so vehemently against people using their imagination to fill in some gaps. No one is asking you to accept headcanons as canon. If you’re content with never daydreaming and wondering about the “what-ifs” and “maybes,” that’s fine, but that gives you no right to chastise other people for dabbling in it. No one is a pervert for coming to the (frankly, logical) conclusion that Tifa and Cloud had a little hanky spanky. No one is “weak” for dreaming up headcanons. Please, cool your jets, dude. Reading you rant from your high horse is extremely offputting. “Purists” and dreamers alike can coexist.
I must confess BforB kinda hit a few hot buttons and was baiting me, so I'm sorry if I got a little intense. You're right, we CAN coexist, I just prefer not to assume everything is Rated R right out of the gate like others seem to. Daydreaming isn't a sin for me, so much as I just avoid it when talking about what's relevant to a story. Unless you're talking about something that is absolutely necessary to discuss, I don't see the point in driving so hard in to the topic. That's how I am on canon discussion.

Also the "weak" part, was a personal admonition as that is how I see my views on things that aren't canon in general.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Anything could have happened after that Fade to Black.... ANYTHING. Cloud and Tifa could have been sent to Dissidia Duodecim's World B to fight as battle slaves for Cosmos and Chaos in that amount of time if we were to go that far with assumptions.

Something DID happen, if the takeaway, that informed their reactions to realising people were watching. And people have opinions as to what.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Something DID happen, if the takeaway, that informed their reactions to realising people were watching. And people have opinions as to what.
That in and of itself is fine, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions on those opinions and rather enjoy the game for what I perceive it to be.

I think this will be all the more expressed once the Remake is established... then we can close the book somewhat on certain aspects of the story.

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab

#FANCYFORMOD2019

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
*posting in this thread

When do I get the ability to edit my posts

10 posts right

Um, WHAT IF TIFA AND AERITH DID A MAJICK FUSION DANCE (Like Goku+Vegeta) and became TIFAERITH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom