New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
All I want is a mode where I can chose who I want to play as and against, the stage I want and the bgm. I don't want to have go through 3 battles before I can have Noctis vs Rinoa in Insomnia.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
....Uh, you can... you just have to do a lot of work setting it up in 1P Mode.

I usually just set up a 1-Player settings template and load it.

Music settings are usually either character/series specific by default but if you set them in the Character menu you can do it that way.

It's just you don't get EXP for playing in this mode.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
My issue is that her presentation feels very hampered by the fact that her summons are all missing except for Valefor. She's just using very vaguely familiar versions of their special attacks, and not even their overdrives at that. Aside from Holy, that makes most of her moves look very indistinct from any other spell slinger. The fact that Valefor does pop up for one or two moves just makes the absence of the others stand out more by contrast.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I think it's due to the fact that since the game has Summons formed in Crystals, especially in the main storyline, it would've been complicated to have Yuna summon different versions of Ifrit, Bahamut, ect., so that's why they allowed her to only use Valefor since it's the only one that isn't a god-like Summon.

In Dissidia 012, it wasn't much of a problem since the Summons weren't fought against.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
How many character slots are left now? I lost track.

I still have my Season Pass soaking up characters like a sponge, but I can't get the bonus weapons or extra costumes yet (not that I really want those).

For now I'm just sortof grinding characters I've fallen behind with (it's more fun to grind with characters you haven't leveled, so you can at least enjoy their growth a bit).

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
There's 33 Final Fantasy characters in the game so far. So that leaves 17 character slots left...I think.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Even though actors can voice two characters if not more at the same time and some can do that-look at Sora's voice actor in Kingdom Hearts since he's done that with Sora and Vanitas in KH3D and will do so again in KHIII, and I can't see why they won't do the same for Kain and Caius, it's most likely Snow to be the new comer.

Hell, Wayne Allwine did that with Mickey as the Prince and the Pauper back in 1990 and did so a few occasions before he passed away in 2009.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Free to play version of NT releasing on Japan on November 22, no story mode, some modes will differ from the full game, the roaster will switch at fixed intervals, you can idividually purchase characters for unlimited use.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dissidi...to-play-version-launches-november-22-in-japan
single characters cost you 800 yen, and there's shops selling the full game for like 980 yen. so you can get all the original line up, plus story mode and other stuff, for just less than the cost of one character and another costume.

i still might play the free to play version, even though i mainly wanted to see the story mode and i don't know if i could get a 980 yen copy from outside of japan

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just to say, but I've been playing Dissidia again now that I got new characters to play with, but this time I'm taking my sweet time playing.

While you get more EXP from harder difficulties, it's actually more fun to take your time and learn your character mechanics per character at a lower difficulty.

Also, like was said earlier, there are new songs and icons to unlock in the shop, so that'll keep you busy (as if unlocking costumes and weapons wasn't enough). If there's one thing one REASON to get Dissidia, it's the music and character voices. Those are savory like fine wine.

Insomnia as a battle stage is HUUUGE and fun to smash around in too.

If they ever add a new game mode to this, and I hope they do, it won't matter if my characters are maxed out... just having a little something different to play would be awesome.

If you treat this game with the mindset of it being a Smash Bros clone, then the sting of it not being as good as the original games doesn't hurt as badly.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
....Oh goddamnit. They made me like Rinoa with just one tiny benevolent act. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME SQUARE!?

...So is anyone else besides me hoping they'll actually get creative for season 2 and try to do a Marvel Civil War where a new conflict emerges that forces the parties to split up based on something OTHER than just Chaos vs Order? It'd be so much more fun to see the heroes and villains mix and match.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The cutscene with the former Archduke of Juno (don't get me to remember his name, please) implies he's scheming something, but I doubt much will come of it.

That said, the update has gotten pretty fun. New Icons unlock if you clear Missions, new stages, and new music that unlocks when you clear all sections of a mission.

The Missions themselves reacquaint players with mechanics that they may or may not be familiar with, helping them increase their basic knowledge of the game. I recommend taking on missions in Sparring Mode at first.

Set it up like this:

(3 ally team vs 3 enemy team all stationary) and you can practice locking on to enemies, dashing, jumping, and move cancels.

For more advanced missions I recommend using an Assassin type like Noctis or Kain to practice the cancels.

For Recoveries/Blocking/Evading there's another good setup to play with:

Have Terra equipped with Riot Blade HP attack (she'll almost never use it) and set her at the highest difficulty (Crystal if you have it). That way you can spend time dodging her spells, hitting her when she evades around, recovering from hits/breaks and wall splats.

Alternately fight against Cloud with his Cherry Blossom equipped for a better chance at getting smacked to the ground/walls of a smaller stage.

Once you clear these missions you get Gil (for buying the new songs) new icons for avatars, and new music (some of which is pretty obscure tunes from every FF game which is really nice).

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, it's mostly Solo play to Black Mages music (which I like), but also because I've always wanted a fight of Warrior versus Red Mage, I made it happen with Kam'lanaut. I wanted to showcase the new "Final stage" they added as well.

I know this game was built primarily for Team battles, but Solo sparring play isn't bad either.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
There's a few things you can do in Sparring that can't normally be done in 3 on 3 battles:

1. Set up enemy buffs/debuffs (this is good for training purposes), equipment appearances too.

2. Set up specific HP attacks (again good for training on how to dodge/mitigate certain matchups (for example, WoL's Lightwave can beat Garland's Hurricane like in the video I showed.)

3. Practice using summons and assists (you can combo off summons, wall splats, and assists)

4. You can set the enemy to "stationary" and just train or traverse the stages. The bigger a stage is, the more important it is to know where stuff like the Crystal Cores will spawn or what your options are in a wide-open fight where evading attacks is easy but landing them is difficult. It also helps to know what stuff you can climb and your own unique movesets. Training is also helpful in unlocking the bonus music in the game via the Missions.

Top Bottom