• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes!!!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Minor spoiler about an unlockable in the game...

50210408_2233204563367085_2848515855094906880_o.jpg

50321157_2233204730033735_3396238826601971712_n.jpg

GOTY. Confirmed.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
XD Wow...

Never throught we'd see that in a remake. Why was it in the original game BTW?
Was it just a bit of fun or a reference to something? :huh:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So, who is everyone going to play as first, Leon or Claire?

I'm currently torn, as I find both their stories, scenarios and load-outs really interesting, but I'm leaning towards Leon first and then Claire.

And is there still the whole Leon A, whilst Claire B is happening & Leon B where Claire A is happening?

Not quite. Though there will still be intersections between them at key points, there is now just one campaign / main story flow, with the main differences being the different routes that they travel, the story segments they uncover, and obviously different weapons and load-outs. So whoever you do first or second will not alter the story flow, but you are encouraged to play both characters in order to get the complete big picture of events which are unfolding.

They are encouraging this further, as it has been confirmed that
you will not see 'the true ending' until you complete both character's journey.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Assuming they give you the choice, and assuming that choice still has similar effects to what it did in the original, I'm thinking Leon first, and then Claire...I know that's not the "canon" route (or at least it wasn't originally), but Claire encountering Mr. X, who is ruthlessly hunting down Sherry, Terminator style, always just felt more 'apropos' to me, while Leon faces the plot's 'main' boss. I also just feel like there's something about first playing as the Cop who's showing up for what's supposed to be his first day, finding the station decimated and the people who were supposed to be his new partners either dead or mangled, and THEN playing as the 'regular citizen' whose experience is potentially even more horrific, also 'feels' right to me. But either way, they both have great stories, and I think the order will just be more of a fun 'which first?' thing.

What I kind of suspect, being that they have to go so much more in-depth with presentation now, is that you'll be able to choose, but the "zap" system will be gone, replaced by two cemented campaigns which are nevertheless playable in either order--and that they will most closely resemble Leon A, Claire B (in all the trailers, we see Claire confronting Mr. X, etc). I'm also curious to see if they turn Hunk's bit into a full-fledged bit of plot, rather than just a timed 'supa challenge mode'.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Pre-ordered it off Amazon for same day delivery.

:hype:

So, who is everyone going to play as first, Leon or Claire?
And is there still the whole Leon A, whilst Claire B is happening & Leon B where Claire A is happening?

I think Capcom initially said no but according to what I am reading now, there are two scenarios after all.
Eitherway, I'm going with my preferred order or Claire -> Leon. It's how I played the game first and how it made the most sense to me in the original.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I think Capcom initially said no but according to what I am reading now, there are two scenarios after all.

There isn't, it's just that some people online are getting confused because they refuse to let go of the old terminology. There is no longer any A/B scenarios or a zapping system. There is simply a 1st Run and a 2nd Run. They are only separated as 'Runs' because whichever character you use for the 2nd Run gains the setup for the additional end boss and unlocking the true ending.

Some hilarity. IGN did a boo-boo and played a fresh game with both characters rather than selecting '2nd Run', then complained in the review how there was barely any difference. They originally scored the game 8.8 but everyone called them out on their error, they then bumped the score to a 9. Notice the line crossing in the article!

bq758e1.jpg

Last edited:

Claudius Caesar

That 90's Boy
I am so hyped for this game!

Resident Evil has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid in the 90's and now I'm glad to see Capcom return to their horror roots, especially after the massive fuck-up that was Resident Evil 6 and the misguided attempt at horror with Resident Evil 7.

Seriously, RE7 didn't even feel like an RE game and there really was nothing that indicated it was even in the same universe as the RE games (aside from the title) until the very last scene.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
IGN is a joke. In fact, no, jokes are funny. IGN is just a gargantuan, diseased sphincter hellbent on releasing cascades of faeces on as many things as possible.

Hyped for RE2 remake. Never thought I'd say those words, considering how close RE2 is to my heart and how little I cared for the games that followed RE3.

* looks at TheLifestream forums banner *

Kinda sad that the best games of the future are remakes of the best games I played decades ago.

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Played some last night, tis' awesome. :monster:

Still not sold on Claire's new look, but I'm playing as Leon first so I think I'll warm up to it next run.
The map system is excellent, items appear on it by walking past them and 'completed' areas are blue whilst 'non-completed' areas are red.

The line "That's guys a maniac! Why he'd bite me?" does NOT appear in RE2 Remake intro.
I kinda like the old shitty dialogue. :P

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I'm not going to have access to this game for a bit, so anybody who might be playing it, please post! Let me live vicariously through your RE2MAKE experience!!! Lol. Quite stoked that the game seems to simultaneously be satisfying all the veterans looking for a "new-old" trip through the darkest corners of Raccoon City, and just a legitimately awesome, great-playing NEW game...even some of the critics who were notably (sometimes openly) trying to zero in on some of the game's flaws as a sort of antidote to being swept up in the emotions of the moment, were repeatedly saying things like "but this is a nitpick, which does not hamper the overall experience", etc.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised; I know that obviously this is an FF site, so tons of RE stuff doesn't exactly come with the territory, but I suppose because of the fact that RE2 (and the original series' run overall) was released around the same time of FF7, and were all part of that PS1 Golden Age, I guess that led me to assume more people owned and geeked out over the game in the same way they might have FF7...but it seems like it's more like just a handful of us weirdos in this forum corner over here, haha.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I started Leon's campaign. I used my code (PS4) to redeem my pre order bonuses from the store, but I'm not sure how to get them in my game inventory?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I started Leon's campaign. I used my code (PS4) to redeem my pre order bonuses from the store, but I'm not sure how to get them in my game inventory?

Just booted up the game! It looks like costumes can be accessed via the Costumes segment of either the main menu or the pause menu, whereas the pre-order weapons can be accessed from any in-game item storage box that you come across.

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Posting this here because it's funny and y'all should enjoy it.

If it weren't for KHIII on Tuesday I mau have already caved and bought this as it' looks amazing, Been watching a bunch of twitch streams to get me through,

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
ah yeah, I had to restart the game before it gave me the "loaded into your box" notification :)

I got my guest game over about 2 hours in. Reside t Evil 7 was a bit too scary for me (I find pick it up again at some point... I'm scared lol) but I'm glad I've broken this barrier that long goes on after my sexy anime-rookie-cop husband gets eated by zombs ?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I was going to choose Claire first tbh, but my boyfriend chose her and I watched him play a bit of the beginning... so I went with Leon.

Tbh I think it makes more sense for the story to start with Leon wandering around the police department. One of the first puzzles is to open his desk, with a big "WELCOME LEON" banner hanging overhead. It takes a lot of the sick irony out of the situation if you're playing Claire.

I can only play for small increments at a time, so I haven't progressed too much. I neglected boarding up windows so certain sections have become riddle with zombs, so I am saving my shotgun ammo for if I need to backtrack to those sections again :(

Top Bottom