• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Favorite FFVII Cosplays (other FF's welcome)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Haven't seen those pictures in years....!!! I didn't know they were him!!

I will never get tired of renditions of these scenes.

DpHTwJDU4AA6h_H

- Twitter post

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections

LOL! Sephironald McDoniroth trying to take over the world with Jenova Burgers and Masamune Fries.

Here are a few good ones I found. Apologies if any of them have already been posted before.:

top+5+final+fantasy+vii+hd+wallpaper+(3).jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I don't know if these have been posted already? The cosplayer is Matthew Mercer:

17tiq9k.jpg

v2mgyI3.jpg

8Ts38fe.jpg

Two years late but, HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER SAVING THE SEPHIROTH ONE ON MY HD YEARS AGO!!!!! I always thought he was one of the best Sephiroth cosplayers back in the day. I had no idea I would end up watching him on a weekly basis being a DM for other voice actors XD

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned this italian guy (Leon Chiro):

Not FFVII related, but I think he makes a good Ardyn:

He also does an on point Gladio, btw, aside from other anime and videogame characters. His Insta is full of them.

Jairus

One of the few Jessie cosplays I've seen out there. Poor girl gets hardly any attention what with the flood of Aeriths and Tifas. Hopefully the remake will change that a bit and let her get a bit more love. The scene could use with a bit more variety, I think, instead of people doing the same characters all the time. Aerith and Tifa have been done to death already, so it would be nice if people started doing other characters instead.

1572875616864.jpg

tumblr_ppq03vRVvW1r60clfo1_1280.jpg

IMG_0711erewt_mr1554688790012-1.jpg

tumblr_ppq03vRVvW1r60clfo4_1280.jpg

All the above images and more can be found here: http://www.yashuntafun.com/?page_id=4167

Jairus

I know, but still. And she's going to be around longer in Part 1 than the short time that she was in the original. I don't think she'll be as minor as she used to be, considering how much they've shown her in the trailers. And I've always had a problem with the attitude of forgetting or dismissing a character just because he or she isn't playable or super popular.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
It's the same reason why you don't get attached to people you just occasionally see shopping at your local store as opposed to getting attached to your friends, relatives, classmates, coworkers...

For the players, Tifa, Aerith, Barrett, etc. are acquaintances at worst, friends at best. Jessie, Biggs, Wedge are generally just "people you've seen a few times" for most players. Also, this is not meant to be dismissive, it's just explaining why the general trend is getting attached to the popular characters.

Anyway :monster: .

Jairus

I'm just saying that since they're going to have a lot more time and development in Remake Part 1, likely at least half the game if not a bit more (depending on when the plate collapse happens), that might change things somewhat. And considering that Aerith was only around for about half the original game and is still popular in spite of it, it doesn't seem unlikely.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Of course it will be different now compared to the past 20+ years. Both for that reason you mentioned, Jairus, and -- probably more importantly -- because people will actually recognize who the cosplay is meant to be now. People always would have recognized Aerith, whereas 9 out of 10 people who played the original FFVII would have remarked "Who is that supposed to be?" about Jessie.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I wasn't really questioning what you're saying on your last message, Jairus. Since I agree with you that the perceptions on Biggs, Wedge and Jessie will change thanks to them being around more. They'll become "proper" characters with background stories, fleshed out personalities, etc. as opposed to what they were in the original.

Rather, I was replying to this specifically.

And I've always had a problem with the attitude of forgetting or dismissing a character just because he or she isn't playable or super popular.

Jairus

Oh, I know. I just wish that people would more often give such characters some attention of their own and not focus on the same ones all the time.

Top Bottom