What do you think about Final Fantasy 7 almost being a Final Fantasy 6 Sequel?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Wow, what a cool article. This quote is particularly cogent:
when Square still acted like a small company but had the resources of a big one

The article also confirmed my suspicion that the localization may have been done entirely by a single person. :P

I'm sure Square at that time could have made a great FF6 sequel. I always loved FF6. But it wouldn't be what we know as FF7, just different.

The whole New York thing is interesting- Sakaguchi is unsure if it was a thing, but when I first played the game growing up in New York I related to the urban grittiness of the beginning of the game. But it could really be any dirty big city with an income inequality problem.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I seem to remember hearing the localization was done by 2 people who worked at Square and spoke english, but weren't actual translators.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
You know some remnants of how Final Fantasy 7 was almost going to be a sequel could be seen in Sephiroth's development. He was originally going to be become crazy through being exposed to mako just like Kelfka with magic.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I'm gonna replay 6 at some point soon when I find the time. Despite the fact that it's one of my favourites, I've only played it once.

I got the patched version of the GBA version running on my 3DS. Original colour and sound, but GBA translation.

Top Bottom