[Rumours] Apparently, information about Part 1

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
That's true, unless they make a good show of them being super deformed and crazy-looking versions of Red XIII.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@Vyzzuvazzadth
Can you elaborate? They're going to have to create the rest of the world's assets anyway if they finish the project. And less time spent padding Midgar is more time available for these other segments that they would have to get to eventually, no?

And surely some of what they build for Midgar could be repurposed for Junon?
Some, yes, but not much. And the world outside of Midgar contains so many new systems and assets to create as well as characters. Cramming all of that within one single installment is a lot, especially if they plan to elaborate on Avalanche, their members, make more parts of Midgar explorable, expand on existing material etc.

That's why concentrating all their effort to just Midgar works better than trying to create so many diverse things up until the Forgotten Capital at once where expanding on content is less feasible due to all the work that's already needed to recreate what's there and isn't getting cut.

Then again, I'm not in the AAA game development business, so what do I know? :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Vyzzuvazzadth
Yeah, I don't know much of anything relevant about game development either, but it doesn't strike me that focusing only on Midgar for part 1 will allow them to cut any corners elsewhere.

I suppose it could be a consideration if how detailed they get with the rest of the project's development is going to be influenced in part by how well part 1 sells. I really hope, though, that they won't be putting off development on part two until after they get sales results for part 1.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I'm not so sure I do. The impact of there being so few of his kind in the world doesn't really hit home if he potentially has a bunch of clones running around lol

For me I just really don’t want the story messed with much if at all. Small things like that still change the story a bit and I want it as true to form as possible.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Yeah, I don't know much of anything relevant about game development either, but it doesn't strike me that focusing only on Midgar for part 1 will allow them to cut any corners elsewhere.
It allows them to avoid cutting corners which they'd need to if they split it in only 2 parts. Cutting corners usually means more asset reusage, less diversity, more palette swaps etc. That's how they might manage to create more interesting locations inside Midgar instead of going all Crisis Core on us (extreme example, I know, but it should get the point across).

I suppose it could be a consideration if how detailed they get with the rest of the project's development is going to be influenced in part by how well part 1 sells. I really hope, though, that they won't be putting off development on part two until after they get sales results for part 1.
I don't think they'll do that. I'm pretty sure the pre-production phase of part 2 is either well underway, if not already finished. Depends on how they distribute the workload internally.
But yeah, that's another reason. To keep efforts for the first part in a sensible scope and to be able to react to feedback for part 2 (Kalm - Northern Crater). If part one ends with the burial, I don't think there's as much wiggle room for fixing stuff. Though I guess they won't be in a similarly precarious situation as FFXV was regarding problems and post-release patches and fixes.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While I do hope that the Remake will only be in at least three parts which would make a trilogy, half of me says it'll be in four or five parts at the most. Unless they port it to PS5, it'll be too big to be in two parts for PS4 to handle. I still think the first part will end at where the Midgar level ends in the original game.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
From a developer's point of view, it would be ideal. Systems and asset creation as well as general level design will differ quite a lot between Midgar and the rest of the world. Also, things get different and more complicated once the Highwind and the submarine are included, which would happen in a presumed part 3. The story also fit's the best when split into 3 parts.

But as Kain424 said, from a fan's perspective, 2 parts would be much better news since we can play for longer. So I'm with you on that.

If it ends at Midgar then part 2 and 3 would be a massive undertaking.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Am I the only one who wants ghosts in the train graveyard?

That was the one thing I found fault with in terms of that supposed leak. :mon:

But the ghosts aren't the most memorable of FFVII enemies so I wouldn't miss those too much.

Now Hell Houses? If they cut those.. I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Anyways, not sure how much stock to put on the guy's leaks now given what he posted in attempts to gin up further attention. That reveals a self-serving motive of attention seeking and stringing along users so... I'm more inclined to believe he's a faker. We'll see soon enough.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
You agree or are you being sarcastic?

Yeah, sorry. It just seems like they've already begun/are likely about finished with a massive undertaking. In fact, even doing a Remake is a massive undertaking. If they plan on doing it right, that is.

Then again, a lot of the work there depends on whether or not they make an overworld map. And from there, whether or not it will be something akin to open world.

Imagine a disappointing scenario. Imagine a camera zooms out to a sphere containing a map of the world. In the center is a Cloud avatar. As you maneuver the controls, the world turns and you are allowed to enter zones the avatar lands on. A simple replacement of the world map, and possible if they wanted to keep development time down and focus resources on cities, towns and other locations.

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Am I the only one who wants ghosts in the train graveyard?
Not only would I not miss ghosts, but I'd prefer them to be gone. Give us monstrous, machine-like, mutant enemies, give us hell house if it's properly explainable, but IMO actual ghosts should be kept for more important places in the story (Gi cave, Temple). It's a fantasy, but a fantasy is usually better when it's not "anything goes", and still has unusual/unexpected stuff.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...The ghosts inhabit the Train Graveyard.

A place where people have died due to train accidents and the like. It makes perfect sense for ghosts to inhabit an area where the dead have been. Not really "anything goes" there.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
...The ghosts inhabit the Train Graveyard.

A place where people have died due to train accidents and the like.

...I kinda thought it's just a junkyard for old trains.

Really, if anything we should be fighting ghost trains.

015ef4f35004704d81183f967825ce98.gif

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
If it ends at Midgar then part 2 and 3 would be a massive undertaking.
If Kalm to the Northern Crater is a massive undertaking, then a 2 part split with Midgar to the Forgotten Capital would probably be an even bigger undertaking, assuming Midgar eats up more development time than the ice region, Icicle Inn, the Great Glacier, Gaia's Cliff and the Whirlwind Maze.

...I kinda thought it's just a junkyard for old trains.

Really, if anything we should be fighting ghost trains.
Phantom Train confirmed!
Then Tifa can finally show Sabin who's boss and Meteor Dive that B*tch.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
If Kalm to the Northern Crater is a massive undertaking, then a 2 part split with Midgar to the Forgotten Capital would probably be an even bigger undertaking, assuming Midgar eats up more development time than the ice region, Icicle Inn, the Great Glacier, Gaia's Cliff and the Whirlwind Maze.

Phantom Train confirmed!
Then Tifa can finally show Sabin who's boss and Meteor Dive that B*tch.

I don't even want two parts. I want 3 parts but we will see. I see all of us raising pitchforks if it ends at Midgar. Plus the wait for the next two or thre parts? Jesus Christ.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
That's the thing. When I'm trying to be objective and put my own wants aside, I can't see a different solution than splitting it into 3 parts with part 1 ending after escaping Midgar, preferably before rappelling down from the edge of the unfinished highway as to being able to see the dawn cast the first real light, teasing the bright world outside.

But when I'm being subjective, I'd want to have part 1 as much content as possible and only 2 parts, if only because I'm growing impatient and want to see all locations, scenes and characters as soon as possible.

...so shut up and take my Gil and gimme my FFVII Remake fix!
Shutupandtakemygil.png

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
But Vyzz. You seen how massive Midgar is and the attention to detail. I don't think it gonna be 2 parts with it being a living breathing world to towns and etc. While minimizing assets as much as possible.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
I don't think every town will get quite the attention Midgar does, it is really the star of that game's world. The other towns just have to FEEL bigger, really. The way Rabanastre and Lindblum feel way bigger than they really are.

I suppose you are definitely right. Then there is Junon. I cannot wait to see that.

Top Bottom