he/they
AKA
Tets
HPcZttA.gif

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
@Mr. Ite It that aps gameplay when characters are switched you can see the summon bar differs for every character - Tifa's is full, Aerith's half and Clouds almost full.

Also fun fact: From what I can understand, in that pre-Scorpion section with the Sweeper, Barret asks Cloud how old is he[or maybe how long was Cloud in Soldier? its hard to hear], and Cloud seems to have problem with answering "Mr Soldier has a headache?"

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Well I guess she still gets stuck. Maybe her being on lower lvl makes it different? Hard to tell when I don't know how this aeria gonna look like after the destruction. Before she was super close to the doors.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
It's not an entirely unique thing in FF for that to happen. I coulda sworn that was how XII summons worked, but its been awhile since I played...

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
More gameplay....another chance to break down Tifa's moves. Once again, need to point out that I'm not an expert on this stuff, so if I get something wrong, feel free to correct it!

From the footage, it looks like Tifa's natural stance is southpaw, where you lead with the right leg rather than the left. As noted before, though, we've also seen her using the orthodox stance (left leg forward), so she can alternate between them. She runs into a jumping overhand punch with her left (either that of a straight left), which looks very hurtful, eesh. She switches into orthodox stance and throws a right and left-hook combination, then switches back into southpaw and throws a jumping uppercut. She lands in orthodox stance and does some sort of shoulder barge. A switch back into southpaw with a lovely spinning back kick, and ends with a flashy Shoryuken style uppercut before getting away. All of that happens within like....3 seconds? Haha. We also see her using a roundhouse kick later, and a bunch of other stuff that I haven't gone over or just can't really see.

As for the little hopping moment that people are noticing, I like that little touch. For a moment I thought it might be a sort of Bruce Lee or Muhammad Ali influence, but who knows? It's a fun detail, either way.

tumblr_p5n8nxAGVR1rmrpdmo1_400.gif

(Found the gifs via Google.)

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
@Mr. Ite It that aps gameplay when characters are switched you can see the summon bar differs for every character - Tifa's is full, Aerith's half and Clouds almost full.
Unfortunately, there's only ONE Summon gauge for each fight available. The scenes during the Aps Boss Battle are out of order, you can notice that especially by watching Aps' HP bar through the whole fight. Another indicator is that Ifrit's name is visible not only for Cloud, but for every party member you play as with, and no additional Summon gauge is seen for Tifa or Aertith either. But what brings me to my full attention is the missing Summon gauge at the very beginning of the fight. Two possibilities I see right now:
  1. The gauge only bumps up after a specific percentage is reached
  2. We can call upon the Main Menu and equip different Materia during battles (that would be a Game Changer)
Edit: Or they had two versions of the fight, one with, and the other without equipped Summon Materia...

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I'm sorry guys but I just...

FF7R-Play-Sony_09-13-19.jpg

giphy.gif

...Is Barret even black anymore?

large.jpg

When his poster sans sunglasses was first revealed at E3, there were a lot of black gamers talking about this on twitter. On the most extreme spectrum of opinions I read, some said he looked like a pallete-swapped white guy. But most said he looked some kind of mixed-race. Dominican was brought up a lot. Also Brazillian. Others made the point that "black" looks different depending on what part of Africa you are talking about, lineage-wise. It got quite heated. Wish I could find the twitter thread about it.

Just an FYI.

Top Bottom