Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Never played XV, so can't evaluate it really. All I can say is that the announcement trailer (with scenes of Noctis fighting in his mansion, sharing some sort of meal with an elder figure, etc) actually grabbed my interest. I hadn't been interested in the FF games since X, but that actually looked promising. I heard that most of the stuff in that trailer was actually cut or moved to a movie, though, and when I saw some of the new footage it didn't grab me as much, unfortunately. It still looks fun and all, though.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I can get behind some love for XII. A real oddball choice, I think, would be people stepping up for II or maybe XIII. Though I understand there is some love for XIII's sequels.
The more I got involved with my union and politics, the more I liked 12. At first, I didn't really like the story

Reactions: Ite

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
You know the original game emphasized the mystery of Sephiroth's character, so there wasn't much focus on him pre-madness. I think it would be interesting if we had an NPC, diaries of Hojo, or a diary from Sephiroth's time as a kid to give us more insight into what he was like growing up. I also think it would be great to show more about his relationship with Gast.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Just thought of something recently and wondered if there was anything to it. A lot of people seem to think that the new motorcycle chase with Cloud and the AVALANCHE trio is part of the escape from Reactor 1, but I'm not so sure. Back in the Symphonic Reunion trailer, you could see Cloud clearly wearing the flower he got from Aerith. But in the new bike chase scenes, it's not there. Which makes me wonder if this is actually a completely new part of the game instead, not connected to any original scenes.

Jairus

Thanks, Lic. And speaking of the flower, we know Cloud meets up with the AVALANCHE crew on the train before getting back to 7th Heaven. Jessie would have to be blind not to see the flower, and given how flirty they've made her, it doesn't seem unreasonable to think she'd comment on it during her scene alone with Cloud in the train. So maybe we'll have the option of giving it to her this time as well if we want or save it for Tifa or Marlene as per the original. We know there are many choices-dependent events and scenes in the game (Nomura confirmed that), so a Gold Saucer-type date event sometime in the game seems like it could be possible (Loveless or something, maybe), and who you go with would be determined by certain choices you make in the game up to that point, just like with the Gold Saucer. Aerith and Tifa would naturally be options, but with all the choices we'll have in the game, it seems like they could have Jessie as a third option for it like they did with Yuffie in the original, and maybe Barret as fourth for the comic route. I guess we'll see, but it does seem possible, at least, and without affecting the overall story, just as who you go with in the Gold Saucer in the original doesn't really affect the overall story of the game.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
^^^ I agree it’s not from the escape from a reactor 1, but not because of the flower or love interests. I just don’t see them introducing Mr. SOLDIER antagonist right off the bat like that.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
As said before, I would love to have more of Mama Jenova expanded upon. And I would have to give her some Raygo aspects, because her theme in my opinion would go great with Jenova's character. Seriously, I would love humanoid Jenova to have a body looking like Ragyo's.

latest

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
As said before, I would love to have more of Mama Jenova expanded upon. And I would have to give her some Raygo aspects, because her theme in my opinion would go great with Jenova's character. Seriously, I would love humanoid Jenova to have a body looking like Ragyo's.

latest
Jenova looking like that would certainly explain why Sephiroth shows as much chest as he does :mon:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think it doesn’t really matter. But IIRC Kadaj and co. refer to Jenova with she/her pronouns in English. Don’t know how the third person pronouns would work in Japanese.

Jairus

One of my hopes for the remake, in terms of story and content, is that they really do the AVALANCHE trio justice and give them plenty of time to shine in Part 1 and not just throw in a couple scenes and a minigame or two and call it done. But really give us time with them both as a group and individually while they're still around so that people playing the game will talk and think about them just as much as they talk and think about the rest of the crew. Give us some unique things to do with them - fun little things or places to go - that we can't do with the rest of the cast and that could possibly add little gameplay bonuses if we do them or go to them, bonuses that possibly can't be gotten any other way. Set the trio apart and make them memorable in ways other than their ultimate fate. Give them center stage for a bit and really develop who they are, where they came from, and where they want to go so we'll really miss them when they're gone and feel like we've lost more than just a few tagalongs but rather, people we knew and cared about.

Jairus

I guess I just meant stuff outside the missions as well. Extra scenes and all that. Really let them step out of the shadow of the rest of the cast for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom