FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Interestingly, the Playstation twitter post of the cover specifically said it was the Western cover. So perhaps there is an alternative cover after all?

Also, been waiting on the cover to finally do my preorder. If it had been the simple title cover, I'd have gone for the steelbook. However....

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
@Jairus I'm not that tech-savvy, but it looks like my renders, that I ripped from the same site (official JP), have higher resolution then yours. How can that be? Btw, I'm using Chrome as browser.

I don't know. All I did was right-click and hit View Image, then right-clicked and saved. I was using Firefox, btw. Dunno if that makes a difference or not, though.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
@Jairus I'm not that tech-savvy, but it looks like my renders, that I ripped from the same site (official JP), have higher resolution then yours. How can that be? Btw, I'm using Chrome as browser.
It's possible that if you saved these earlier than Jairus, they initially uploaded larger versions and by the time Jairus grabbed his, they had replaced them with reduced copies.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
@Jairus @Cloud_S Looks like the image file in the scource code is different from what they're showing on the website. What I couldn't figure out though, is how to save the background image. Normally you need to look out for the stylesheed that is embedded in the source code, and by adding the url that comes with it, you get to the image file. But, I can't find the right one.

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
For the backgrounds, all I did was mouse over a different part of the page and right-click until View Background Image was an option in the context menu, then saved it when it came up. It's a little picky about where you click, so it might take a few tries.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
@Jairus @Cloud_S Looks like the image file in the scource code is different from what they're showing on the website. What I couldn't figure out though, is how to save the background image. Normally you need to look out for the stylesheed that is embedded in the source code, and by adding the url that comes with it, you get to the image file. But, I can't find the right one.

Ah yes I see. The larger ones are meant for mobile browsers: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/character/_img/barret/full_sp.png
While the smaller ones that load on PC are: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/character/_img/barret/full_pc.png

Last edited:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
For the backgrounds, all I did was mouse over a different part of the page and right-click until View Background Image was an option in the context menu, then saved it when it came up. It's a little picky about where you click, so it might take a few tries.
I've no luck with the right-clicking. It works for the full standing renders, but what @Cloud_S already said, these are for PC which has lower resolution. It's OK though, we've got everything we need! :D

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover

Quite interested to see how they've modified the story to accommodate the hub mechanic, particularly after the plate collapse. Maybe wall market takes over as the hub?
Technically speaking, the text doesn't imply it will be any different than what we had seen in the OG! 7th Heaven functioned as breather between the first and second bombing run, so the phrase "becomes a safe haven for the heroes between missions" could still be align with that.

Don't take me wrong, my first impression was the same as yours, but my brain tells me otherwise and to be careful with my expectations. More missions means more things to do in the city, and this would result in more exploration, something I always dreamed of to experience since my first playthrough. Midgar in particular is the only location where we KNOW of other places that exist in the city (sectors), without to had the opportunity to explore it further. The Remake could give us the chance to 'complete' this experience.

It feels like the "two discs of content" statement, is a Sword of Damocles hanging over my head! We still don't know it's exact meaning and how it will effect the game's scale. At this point, I'm prepared for both possible outcomes that Midgar will be full explorable or not, but what really irks me, is the state we are in right now... the waiting... tHe WhAiTinG!!! I'm feeling like Schrödinger's Cat... I want confirmation so badly, that...

tumblr_mjj33oMmSH1rw0p8ko1_r1_500.gif

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
As a way to temper my own expectations, I just say the extra time also has to take into account that its all voiced. Keeps me from thinking this game is gonna suddenly be Elder Scrolls Midgar.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
As a way to temper my own expectations, I just say the extra time also has to take into account that its all voiced. Keeps me from thinking this game is gonna suddenly be Elder Scrolls Midgar.

Just realized that those crazy Nexus blokes are going to take all these assets and put ‘em in Skyrim @_@

Top Bottom