Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
EFjWqk3UYAAvfCM
Source
tumblr_pwg98temT61wy7hl7o2_1280.jpg
Source

Eerie

Fire and Blood

I like this short clip with Tifa, and especially that focus on her face when she talks with Cloud (+ the hand grab at the end of course since that's a signature for CloTi nowadays I guess lol).

The thing I worry the most is that they might be stuck with the characters in general, in the way their relationship are and evolve. I hope this reboot will give them something new to chew on to make them evolve. I especially hate broody!Cloud, so I hope we won't see him too much, but that's pretty much how he is at the start of the game sooooo... I might have to wait to see dorky!Cloud. Hopefully they did not forget about this side (or will not).

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
Oh dear loooord the trailer from TGA! When Tifa lifted her arms behind her head at the end, it was very clear body language to me. "You see these bad boys, Cloud? If you play your cards right... ????"
I might have died a little. Or a lot. Almost 2 months to go. Eeeeeep! Who's going to be taking time off work to play?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Double posting cause my last post was from Monday already...

Someone noticed in reddit that Tifa didn't bother doing her hair or any make up despite still chosing to wear a revealing dress. And his (or her) comment was "oh I like that, she stayed herself". I did too, but it only came back to me while looking at this screenshot: during her date at the town well with Cloud, she did dress up - yes that was a point in the OG too - but look at how cute she is, and even though she's a young teen back then, she still wore heels! So while it's notorious that they just knew each other from afar, issn't it safe to say that she was still a bit interested in the boy next door? Ahah.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
So, I don't know if you've seen the Eurogamer coverage posted by Lex earlier, but spoilers...

we DO see Cloud and Tifa as kids in Nibelheim. Interestingly enough, it's Tifa who acts all grumpy that Cloud ignores her, despite her being in the middle of her friends, so I wonder if that scene happens after she falls and her father forbids Cloud to ever come close to her again? What's interesting to me is that it seems that they are indeed developping the childhood friends thing, something that was always said about those two but indeed lacking from the OG.

Also amusing fact is that Tifa does ask Cloud what is his relationship with Aerith if you pick her up first right before you fight Aps, so the two special relationships that Cloud holds with both Tifa and Aerith are underlined in the very same manner, once by Jessie, and the other time by Tifa. So regarding this, Squeenix does highlight both ships, and one can't tout what the other doesn't have lol. You can't say "she's just xxx" because no, to Cloud both are special in their own right.

Oh and also Nibelheim is pretty much far west at that point, no wonder Tifa was dressed as cow girl int he OG! I missed that theme from Nibelheim and always wondered why she was wearing such a strange outfit.

Top Bottom