• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Do you think that Sephiroth could gender swap himself with his shapeshifting abilities?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I know that originally when they found his body that it was going to be shown it had mutated into a more womanly figure. I wonder if maybe Sephiroth learned to control it enough that he could be the opposite gender.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I mean the Cetra said one of Jenova’s abilities was to appear as various loved ones. We know Sephiroth can remotely control Jenova which took on his own form (and Tifa’s to get Barret or Red XIII to bring the Black Materia to Cloud). If Sephiroth himself has access to Jenova’s original abilities then then he can probably shapeshift in all manner of beings.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I wonder if he would embrace being gender fluid due to being a shapeshifter.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sephiroth most certainly can shapeshift into a different gender due to the power of Jenova and in fact, there was a similar scrapped plot point from the original VII.

Sephiroth would be found in the Northern Crater in his crystal except he would have breasts and an androgynous appearance. Since he would be transcending humanity and becoming a completely new life form.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sephiroth most certainly can shapeshift into a different gender due to the power of Jenova and in fact, there was a similar scrapped plot point from the original VII.

Sephiroth would be found in the Northern Crater in his crystal except he would have breasts and an androgynous appearance. Since he would be transcending humanity and becoming a completely new life form.

Just imagine if that was in the game, it would be just as much as a meme like crossdressing Cloud.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
Much probably, yes. Jenova is an androgynous/genderless being with shapeshifting abilities just like it was said above, so Sephiroth could be able to gender swap, or, at least, give the illusion of being female if he chose to do so. And like Licorice said, gender is a social construct, so eff it, Seph can be whoever he likes *Chuckles*

Daikini-San

Currently in another Dimension
AKA
Iku-Ne
It's not far-fetched. Sephiroth transcends beyond human-gender is a human construct. Jenova is referred to as 'it' by Ifalna. 'It' has the ability to transform into other living things. To be honest, is it safe to assume how we see Jenova in the game is it's 'real form'?

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
It's not far-fetched. Sephiroth transcends beyond human-gender is a human construct. Jenova is referred to as 'it' by Ifalna. 'It' has the ability to transform into other living things. To be honest, is it safe to assume how we see Jenova in the game is it's 'real form'?
All jokes aside, yes I agree with you. We know Jenova has the ability to shape shift and did so to defeat the Cetra. There's no one saying Sephiroth couldn't utilize the ability to swap sexes. As far as we know within the franchise, however, he has not tried it with any of the clones that had more screen time than a single camera shot.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
All jokes aside, yes I agree with you. We know Jenova has the ability to shape shift and did so to defeat the Cetra. There's no one saying Sephiroth couldn't utilize the ability to swap sexes. As far as we know within the franchise, however, he has not tried it with any of the clones that had more screen time than a single camera shot.

I think the simple answer is that the developers didn't think about it, especially after the cut the idea of the group finding his corpse having become androgynous.

Littlewing

Pro Adventurer
AKA
human
So basically you're trying to suggest that Sephiroth was going to impregnate due to not having a specific gender and thus self replicate so that he can hopefully regain strength and power by growing in number and size with firstly himself? lol, ew.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So basically you're trying to suggest that Sephiroth was going to impregnate due to not having a specific gender and thus self replicate so that he can hopefully regain strength and power by growing in number and size with firstly himself? lol, ew.

I wasn't.

Top Bottom