Jenovaroth, Kalm Sephiroth, or the 'real' Sephiroth?

Daikini-San

Currently in another Dimension
AKA
Iku-Ne
So, I've been thinking about these Sephiroth promotional images for a while. The one where he's standing tall in the flames as those Watcher's of Fates are swirling about in Midgar I figure is 'Jenovaroth'. However, which 'Sephiroth' is this one? At first, I thought well it's Jenovaroth of course, but something tells me it isn't. Perhaps it's a depiction of the real Sephiroth or even Sephiroth in Cloud's flashback in Kalm (assuming that scene will exist in the Remake as it did in the original). Thoughts?

Seph Render Dec. 19.jpg

I don't know what you mean by "Jenovaroth" or "the real Sephiroth".
By Jenovaroth do you mean those wiggly bits of Jenova, on the ship from Junon and in other places, that manifest as Sephiroth before morphing into a Jenova-esque boss?
By "the real Sephiroth", do you mean Sephiroth when he was properly alive as a human being, before Cloud threw him into the reactor at Nibelheim? Or do you mean the Sephiroth of the game's present day, suspended in some sort of crystal in the northern crater?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Wouldn't it spoil the entire game for newbies if we answered that question?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The illusion Sephiroth projects over the Jenova body has no reason to look any different from the Sephiroth Cloud remembers from Nibelheim, this promotional art is how he looked then and how he seems now. The "real" Sephiroth, at the Northern Crater probably looks rather different. I look forward to seeing how different, beyond just losing some clothes and legs.

Daikini-San

Currently in another Dimension
AKA
Iku-Ne
By Jenovaroth do you mean those wiggly bits of Jenova, on the ship from Junon and in other places, that manifest as Sephiroth before morphing into a Jenova-esque boss?
By "the real Sephiroth", do you mean Sephiroth when he was properly alive as a human being, before Cloud threw him into the reactor at Nibelheim? Or do you mean the Sephiroth of the game's present day, suspended in some sort of crystal in the northern crater?

When I say Jenovaroth, I'm referring to the projections of Sephiroth via Jenova. When I say the real Sephiroth, I'm referring to the Sephiroth that is residing up North during the game. Sorry I didn't elaborate more. So, I'm trying to figure out if this promotional art is the real Sephiroth that is 'alive' up North (a whole Sephiroth instead of half), or if it's Sephiroth projected via Jenova. However, Roger up top answered the question I believe.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
I think means clone sephiroth that jenova is made to look like via Sephiroth's control or the real sephiroth somehow astral projecting himself, I think it is jenova-sephiroth cause we know he can control jenova and also create illusions of himself but that is a good question we just gonna have to wait and find out when it is out.

It’s Remakearoth, the one who projects himself back in time to change the timeline to one where he’s a more omnipresent villain.
Lol square isn't that evil lol

Wouldn't it spoil the entire game for newbies if we answered that question?
Yes actually but you know the fandom nowadays people like you and me already know the answer to the question

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
The illusion Sephiroth projects over the Jenova body has no reason to look any different from the Sephiroth Cloud remembers from Nibelheim, this promotional art is how he looked then and how he seems now.

This.

The "real" Sephiroth, at the Northern Crater probably looks rather different. I look forward to seeing how different, beyond just losing some clothes and legs.

He probably has a black wing, but that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom