• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I love just how insanely hi-res the keyart artwork is.... (if only we got the original size renders...:faint:)

Xx2dpSr.jpg

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
Dunno where else to put this, but I really do hate the spamming for the Compilation English VAs every twitter post the official 7R twitter makes. That and the demo demands are getting so tiresome.
What do you have againt OPERATION REUNION?

:wesley:

Reactions: Wol

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Why are people so attached to the comp voices anyway? I have nothing against them, heck I'll even miss some of them, but they weren't thaaat good. Its not like some of the characters haven't already gone through multiple voices. Sephiroth has had two, Yuffie has had two, Aerith has had like four. These characters changing actor is nothing new. Quinton Flynn had a part in starting this, and I lost a lot of respect for him because of it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I feel like everyone has very extreme opinions about them in all directions. By and large I liked the Compilation voices, not universally, but for the most part. But I'm also fine with them being changed.
The one I was most sad about was I wanted to see Beau Billingslea get the meaty elements of Barret's story. But it's hard not to appreciate Bentley's love and history with the character.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I was reading Reeve's voice as Jamieson Price before he was cast in the role, so yeah, I'm unspeakably disappointed with the direction they've taken on that count.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I also am particularly surprised that Quinton Flynn got recast, especially when he still voices Axel/Lea. As part of the point/in-joke is that the character and Reno have the same voice actor since Nomura said he partially created Axel out of the concept of Reno being in a KH game.

I also miss George Newbern being Sephiroth, as besides giving a good performance, I always liked the idea of one of Superman’s more well-known voice actors voicing Sephiroth.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Something else interesting about Newburn is that he also played the part of Annie's fiancee/husband in the Father of the Bride movies with Steve Martin. He doesn't sound anything like Sephiroth there, I'm guessing he had to lower his voice like an octave or something to get the right sound for him. Gary Oldman had to do that when he played Dracula back in the 90's.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Why are people so attached to the comp voices anyway? I have nothing against them, heck I'll even miss some of them, but they weren't thaaat good. Its not like some of the characters haven't already gone through multiple voices. Sephiroth has had two, Yuffie has had two, Aerith has had like four. These characters changing actor is nothing new. Quinton Flynn had a part in starting this, and I lost a lot of respect for him because of it.

It's funny because I saw no one ever talking about them before it was announced it wasn't the original cast, now all of a sudden they were this incredible group of talent.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
It's also funny that 90% of these people strangely forget about some original VAs. Haven't seen anyone commenting how much Rachel Cook was an important Tifa and how they want her back. Maybe because she wasnt as good and iconic and Britt is doing a better job, therefore they dont even consider her? I can atleast understand when they bring out Operation Reunion, since that takes all the original VAs right? But these people who only go to complain about specific voices are honestly hypocritical as fuck.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
It's also funny that 90% of these people strangely forget about some original VAs. Haven't seen anyone commenting how much Rachel Cook was an important Tifa and how they want her back. Maybe because she wasnt as good and iconic and Britt is doing a better job, therefore they dont even consider her? I can atleast understand when they bring out Operation Reunion, since that takes all the original VAs right? But these people who only go to complain about specific voices are honestly hypocritical as fuck.

Yeah I always thought it was interesting that I never hear any of them clamoring for Mena Suvari to come back as Aerith :desuawesomonster:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
the non-issue of non-issues... its not like we have last heard them some few years ago either, its been 10 years...

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
The only VA change I’m legit disappointed about is no longer having Quinton Flynn as Reno. Newbern was probably a better Sephy than the new guy as well. I think I’d be more upset if it were the Japanese voices that were changing, since I view them as a higher canon. Also, if Toru Okawa does not reprise his role as Rufus I will probably whine about it for an extended period of time. :monster:

Top Bottom