FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
I'm debating whether or not to just go digital. I pre-ordered from Gamestop (because... pre-order bonus) to pick up in person (to avoid paying shipping)... but it's looking more and more like non-essential businesses will be closed by the 10th in my state, what with the stay-at-home order being extended through the end of April. I haven't put any money down, so all I'd be out is the pre-order stuff, which sucks, but not the end of the world.
I also used GameStop and paid in full already so I'm locked in there. Unless something has changed, GameStop won't be open to customers in the store, but you will be able to let them know when you are at the store and they are supposed to provide you your game in a "contactless transaction"

Not sure if that has changed or will be changing in the future though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So Amazon, who a couple weeks ago first said the delivery date may be affected, then updated the expected delivery date to April 10th again, have just sent another email saying it may or may not arrive on the expected date.

My plan remains the same, I'll wait until release day. If I don't get it and there's no sign of it, I'll buy it again digitally (and grumble).

I've never understood why people buy anything direct from Square Enix (aside from exclusive editions I guess), as it always seems like a nightmare. But I guess they win this round :monster:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Still waiting for mine - meant to be with me by today but I don’t think so. It’s on ‘Dispatched’ status and then has to go through ‘In Transit’ and ‘Out for Delivery’ ... maybe tomorrow ... ?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
UPS is saying it hasn't actually gotten the package from Square yet, just that the shipment has been scheduled.Hoping that'll change by tomorrow. Fingers crossed on getting it even slightly early! Also, the 1st Class edition weighs about 13.5 pounds apparently. That figure must be heavy.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
tenor.gif

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Not a single update about my package since the SE store said last Thursday that my order is "on its way". The status on the e-shop remains at "In preparation".

PLEASE, PLEASE, JUST

Mine has been stuck since yesterday too. I think Square is just making shipping label en masse right now so they can do a mass shipment in a few days.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Alright, so I have pre-ordered it from 3 different stores.

1: Where I have to grab it myself and got NO status update on my pre-order. Going to cancel it
2: Where it changed from "in stock 9th May" to "In preparation" just now. (unpaid) (Delivery to mailbox)
3: Where it says in stock and is the cheapest. (paid) (Delivery to mailbox)

So I mailed the 1st store about my order few days ago and still not received any reply. Cancel!
As I pre-ordered from the 3rd store just now, my status on the 2nd store changed to "in preparation"

Which one will arrive first!!
Come on, come on come on!!! (Barret Voice)

EDIT: 3rd just emailed me about a delay in their delivery from 9th to 14th April. While the 2nd store just went from "In Preparation" to "Sent". ALRIGHT!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom