• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm saaaaaalty that people are gonna get it early. Let me beeeeee ;_;

(But also lowkey worried that this means that there will be further delays.)
lol you're valid. Frankly I'm doing all I can to not tear my hair out in frustration myself. Just look forward to that beautiful day in a week where we're all playing the game and everyone is back on the same page so we don't have this stupid little hierarchy going on anymore. In the meantime, there's always more room in the Sour Grapes club!

Frankly, I'm happy the remake didn't get postponed indefinitely like Last of Us 2 did. I think I woulda cried if that happened. Where did you order from? I know Amazon has been indecisive about its delivery date.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
From the SE store itself, but they're shipping through UPS like everyone else.

I'm gonna be mad if UPS dents the corners of my packages again. My VII Vinyl came in with a slight dent at the bottom of the case, so....

Saven

Pro Adventurer
My copy is in Colorado.

I don't think I've stalked a game like this in a while. :closedmonster:
Damn, you got the lead on me! Mine's in Utah. Been refreshing the tracking every hour or so lol.
EDIT: You know, given the current pace, 5 or 6 days seems a little long doesn't it? Maybe we'll get lucky.

I haven't been this excited about a game since Streets of Rage Remake in 2011, and before that, FFXII in 2006. I usually don't get hyped up for games anymore, but this has been a special occasion for sure.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
My order went from Initiated to Acknowledged yesterday evening.

I wish I'd get my copy early, but... I'm resigned to the fact I may not get it until the 10th.

I think I asked for overnight shipping, too. They may purposely keep it and release my copy on the 9th.

*shrug* (Isn't there a shrug emoji???)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I decided to just cancel my Amazon order and instead placed a curb side pick-up pre-order for a Deluxe Edition at my local Best Buy (who say they are in stock, I don’t that means they already have their shipments and just aren’t breaking street dates since it’s the U.S.A., or it means they know for sure that they have their stock by the 10th).

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
The wait is getting unbearable, and having preordered from Gamestop, there's no chance of getting it early. Must remember the words of Yoda. Must remember...

"Patience!"

iu

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Is square like, delaying the shipments so that everybody gets it around the 10th? I was thinking, if I lived closer to Nevada I would have it much sooner than the 9th, so I think they're doing east coast shipments first and working their way west.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is square like, delaying the shipments so that everybody gets it around the 10th? I was thinking, if I lived closer to Nevada I would have it much sooner than the 9th, so I think they're doing east coast shipments first and working their way west.

That's what I'm fucking asking.

They shipped it out Tuesday yet projected delivery is somehow Thursday???

We're cursed :monster:

I even paid for 2-3 day shipping ffs!!!!

LOL what the fuck. Omg, I clearly should've moved to the land down under for this :wacky:

Shaun

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Well, it seems I'm not going to get mine any time soon, if ever.

The delivery came yesterday by DPD UK. I didn't get any sort of notification to say it was coming, but even if I had, I was at work so I missed it. The delivery service that they've used is Monday to Friday only.

I went online and their site gave me the option to pay extra for the delivery to be redelivered today, which I did. However, it's now saying delivery on Monday again. I just phoned them and they confirmed that the hub were given the notification to change it in time, but it seems they just ignored it. They say that the parcels are locked away for the weekend so they can't do anything about it.

I have to work all week, so I'm not going to be there when it gets redelivered, and then next weekend is bank holiday weekend so they aren't delivering anything then. I only went for the deluxe edition and have a larger letterbox than usual, so I'm pretty sure it would have just fit but they won't just post it there, and I live in a block of flats so there's nowhere I can leave it that matches their safe place requirements. They basically said my only option is to get the Square Enix store to change where it gets delivered to, but I can't see any option for that.

I'm really annoyed. DPD have done this to me before - every delivery I get from them is a nightmare. I had another order for something else the Square Enix store and I've just cancelled it, because I don't want to go through this again.

Don Corneo's Dungeon

Pro Adventurer
Well, it seems I'm not going to get mine any time soon, if ever.

The delivery came yesterday by DPD UK. I didn't get any sort of notification to say it was coming, but even if I had, I was at work so I missed it. The delivery service that they've used is Monday to Friday only.

I went online and their site gave me the option to pay extra for the delivery to be redelivered today, which I did. However, it's now saying delivery on Monday again. I just phoned them and they confirmed that the hub were given the notification to change it in time, but it seems they just ignored it. They say that the parcels are locked away for the weekend so they can't do anything about it.

I have to work all week, so I'm not going to be there when it gets redelivered, and then next weekend is bank holiday weekend so they aren't delivering anything then. I only went for the deluxe edition and have a larger letterbox than usual, so I'm pretty sure it would have just fit but they won't just post it there, and I live in a block of flats so there's nowhere I can leave it that matches their safe place requirements. They basically said my only option is to get the Square Enix store to change where it gets delivered to, but I can't see any option for that.

I'm really annoyed. DPD have done this to me before - every delivery I get from them is a nightmare. I had another order for something else the Square Enix store and I've just cancelled it, because I don't want to go through this again.

MELTDOWN

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Shaun
Ugh, my condolences. Sounds exactly like the experience I've had multiple times with USPS (yes, the regular postal service). I always pay more now for a different service if it's an option to avoid dealing with them.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
They basically said my only option is to get the Square Enix store to change where it gets delivered to, but I can't see any option for that.

How to change billing/shipping address Square Enix Store

To update your shipping address for an order where the shipping process has already started, you will need to contact our Customer Support with the topic “Modify an existing order” or “Update Address”.

---

Note: Please remember to add your Order ID on your mail when you contact our Customer Support Team

Hope that helps you :)

I only went for the deluxe edition and have a larger letterbox than usual, so I'm pretty sure it would have just fit but they won't just post it there, and I live in a block of flats so there's nowhere I can leave it that matches their safe place requirements.

If it arrives in the same packaging as mine did then it probably wont fit in a letterbox. Approximate dimensions of box - L 30cm W 20cm H 15cm. All that for just a boxed game and lanyard. Most of the box is filled with those giant plastic bubble stuff :closedmonster:

Shaun

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Yeah, I actually did have a little little bit of a meltdown over it! Feel kind of embarrassed now. :doh:

Thank you so much! I looked through the help and couldn't see anything. I must have completely missed it. I did eventually contact them just to ask if it was possible. Thinking about it, I should have just put my address on there and then they would have been able to do it easily. I really wasn't thinking straight. Hopefully, they'll get back to me to say it's possible and I can just reply with the address. I don't want to raise another case and potentially confuse things.

If it arrives in the same packaging as mine did then it probably wont fit in a letterbox. Approximate dimensions of box - L 30cm W 20cm H 15cm. All that for just a boxed game and lanyard. Most of the box is filled with those giant plastic bubble stuff :closedmonster:

Wow, that much packaging seems excessive! It would certainly explain why they wouldn't just post it through the letterbox in the first place. Again, thank you for letting me know.

@Shaun
Ugh, my condolences. Sounds exactly like the experience I've had multiple times with USPS (yes, the regular postal service). I always pay more now for a different service if it's an option to avoid dealing with them.

You have my condolences as well. For normal Royal Mail deliveries, I'm not too bad because I work a ten minute walk away from their local sorting office, so I can just pick the parcel up from there during my lunch or something. It's just the other couriers that I struggle with, and DPD seem to be the worst. It always seems odd to me that they all seem to struggle with actually being able to make deliveries when people want them. I'm sorry you have these issues too.

My brother has offered to come over and wait for it if I can't change the address, so I have a potential fallback plan if I can't get the address changed. However, with all the coronavirus issues in place at the moment, I'd rather not ask him to do it unless I really have no other choice.

Thank you all again. :)

Top Bottom