How would you re-write AC/C?

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Uh, there was never any implication that Cloud and co. were going to “search” for Aerith at the end of the OG, Aerith was dead. If you’re referencing the “I think I can meet her there” like, that’s not meant literally.

There’s an entire separate discussing said line further if you’re curious https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/what-did-cloud-mean-when-he-said-this.22003/
It is what cloud meant was they can meet her in Lifestream once they have passed on

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I think the only thing I'd change about the movie is to add a reference to the Avalanche trio somewhere - other friends Cloud wasn't able to save, and have their loss be another that burdens him along with those of Aerith and Zack. It's true he didn't know them well at the time, but he could have warmed up to them a bit depending on the choices you made in the game. And he could have come to regret not being able to save them as he wasn't able to save Aerith and Zack. Or the stigma could have brought it back to the forefront of his mind along with the losses of Aerith and Zack.

ExampleZ

Pro Adventurer
Having rewatched both versions of Advent Children recently, everything about this movie is abysmal and would take more than a simple re-write and/or adding a few extra scenes to fix. Honestly I would just scrap the whole thing since FF7 never needed a sequel anyway.

Top Bottom