FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

If you guys pre-ordered the game from a store, and were planning to pick it up from the store, what are you doing now?

I ordered mine from FNAC. Of course I can't pick it up now.

Thanks for replying! No, they didn't. However, they also didn't ask me to pay for it when I ordered it. I was supposed to pay for it when I picked it up. I'm in Switzerland so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
If you guys pre-ordered the game from a store, and were planning to pick it up from the store, what are you doing now?

I made the (hopefully not) foolish decision to just buy it digital instead. I set my vacation up for this game and I don't want to sit around doing nothing and avoid spoilers for a whole week. This week is going to be bad enough with it lol.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I pre-ordered from GameStop and have paid in full, but I should still be able to get it since they're doing their curbside pickup thing. Talked to a guy from the store on the phone a few days ago to make sure. So I think you'll still be able to get it, though I don't know how other stores are handling it.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I pre-ordered from GameStop and have paid in full, but I should still be able to get it since they're doing their curbside pickup thing. Talked to a guy from the store on the phone a few days ago to make sure. So I think you'll still be able to get it, though I don't know how other stores are handling it.

If it's still available to get and if I can't get a refund and if this is truly the end of Gamestop as we know it, I'll just see if someone else that I know personally wants it since I know a few people that want to play it. Otherwise, I will buy a shrine and a glass case for it after the quarantine is over so that it can be idolized in my living rooms forever and ever (assuming it doesnt suck).

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
If it's still available to get and if I can't get a refund and if this is truly the end of Gamestop as we know it, I'll just see if someone else that I know personally wants it since I know a few people that want to play it. Otherwise, I will buy a shrine and a glass case for it after the quarantine is over so that it can be idolized in my living rooms forever and ever (assuming it doesnt suck).
Lol I'm sure there's going to be a lot of those shrines around the world

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Thanks for replying! No, they didn't. However, they also didn't ask me to pay for it when I ordered it. I was supposed to pay for it when I picked it up. I'm in Switzerland so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Oh. I'm in France and I have already paid for it full so I guess that is why I received an email... :/

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I don't even know where my copy is. For all I know it could already be somewhere on its way... wait, that'd be good. This could actually be, right? Right? :scared:
Anyway, it's not even a week now... to see that I pre-ordered it almost exactly 10ago (June 12)... we've come so far. :hohum:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

EB Games Canada is slowly phoning everyone who pre ordered for an in store pick up to make a new order on their online system so that it can be shipped to homes. Apparently their system is so ancient they can't just port the orders over.

A week has gone by, and I haven't gotten a phone call. I have been staring at my phone with more anticipation than I would after a promising tinder date. It's been a week and I haven't gotten a call back and I am very sad and dont want to talk about it :'(

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
EB Games Canada is slowly phoning everyone who pre ordered for an in store pick up to make a new order on their online system so that it can be shipped to homes. Apparently their system is so ancient they can't just port the orders over.

A week has gone by, and I haven't gotten a phone call. I have been staring at my phone with more anticipation than I would after a promising tinder date. It's been a week and I haven't gotten a call back and I am very sad and dont want to talk about it :'(
I know you literally just said you don't want to talk about it, but I saw people complaining on a recent EB twitter post that they still hadn't received their RE3 special editions.

So as a fellow EB customer, I'm not especially hopeful haha.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Still keeping an eye on that snail dragging my copy of FF7 on a piece of twine behind him.

We'll see which gets here first.. my copy of FF7 or meteor.
If your tracking isn't updating, its probably because your package is sitting on a train going cross country right now. I just spent the last 10 minutes figuring out which rail road goes from Salt Lake City to Atlanta.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Naw, that's normal actually. It'll update around Monday. Postage sometimes takes a bit to update when going cross country.
You're right. Can't help but be a little paranoid though, since my other FF7 related mail coming from the west coast has apparently been devoured by the void. The thing that's got me is the last scan was an "arrival scan" without a subsequent departure scan. Maybe that's normal.

Top Bottom