FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I know you literally just said you don't want to talk about it, but I saw people complaining on a recent EB twitter post that they still hadn't received their RE3 special editions.

So as a fellow EB customer, I'm not especially hopeful haha.

I'm being purposefully a bit melodramatic, lol. I post in this thread exclusively to whine about this predicament I am in...

I haven't even gotten a call about my Persona 5 Royal Steelbook reservation, which launched on Tuesday. That came back in stock online, so I was able to put a new order in on my own. I ordered RE3 from Best Buy and got that in the mail yesterday.

All I am waiting for now is word on FF7. It's the very last thing on my video game quarantine shopping list, but it's the one I want to play the most :'(

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Ups tracking still hasn't updated... if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'm probably just gonna double dip and pre install the digital version. Just to be sure.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh well fuck me. it just updated! Just left salt lake city. I guess they held it there for some reason? I was wondering why it would take a train 6 days to get from there to Atlanta, guess it won't. Hey @Makoeyes987, how is yours doing? I remember you were agitated about it because it hadn't sent yet a few days ago. The fact mine got held us making me think square is really trying to have the arrive right at the same time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh well fuck me. it just updated! Just left salt lake city. I guess they held it there for some reason? I was wondering why it would take a train 6 days to get from there to Atlanta, guess it won't. Hey @Makoeyes987, how is yours doing? I remember you were agitated about it because it hadn't sent yet a few days ago. The fact mine got held us making me think square is really trying to have the arrive right at the same time.

My shipment's last update was it leaving Las Vegas :monster:

Hopefully it'll update in the morning, but I imagine it should make it to me in by Thursday. Hopefully a bit sooner. UPS ground shipping is cursed; I had no idea that the expedited shipping option was gonna be UPS when I did my pre-order summer of 2019. I'd have avoided it lol

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
amazon has still not sent me an email to tell me an ETA for my deluxe edition, guess ill also have to just bite the bullet and get it digital :*(
Do it sooner than later, so you can pre install. I know how bad your internet is.

Did you pay extra for your expedited shipping, Mako? It's kinda shitty that it seems to have not made a difference.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
ooooh, I forgot that I can just preorder a digital copy. Would have been nice to have the physical copy to sell in the future as a collectors' item (original label etc), but oh well.

My pre-order arrives on Wednesday. Zero regrets over buying the game from the shelf three days ago. It's been an awesome weekend together with FFVIIR.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Its because for Square Store preorders, the item is always supposed to arrive on the release date (barring global pandemics) so it didn't matter what shipping you picked. They basically stole your money.

Reactions: LNK

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Its because for Square Store preorders, the item is always supposed to arrive on the release date (barring global pandemics) so it didn't matter what shipping you picked. They basically stole your money.
Yeah, they shouldn't allow the 'expedited shipping' option for pre-orders. All you need for something like that is an inventory flag on the database when the order's submitted (or in the process of being submitted.) It's not that difficult.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Maybe you guys could ask to have part of the shipping refunded?

EDIT: I just found out that UPS doesn't even count weekends towards the transit time of their deliveries, which is why my game didn't move for two days. Me freaking out about my package going missing was really dumb. Oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK
Top Bottom