SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Oh no, no, no... Clitos didn't last for long. I think they didn't last pass The Northern Crater days (although not too sure if they were still a thing back in the AC.net days because I like to forget they existed). I don't think anyone in TLS is a Clito, not even Vendel.

Like i said, they were low on numbers. Even most Cloti shippers are offput by them, and it was even theorized they're not really fans but trolls. But fandom is crazy so we'll never know. The thing about Clitos is the seeming horniness in their posts, hence the name 'Clito'. They have an unexplained obssession with Tifa's huge assets and Cloud's big sword (and they unreasonably hate Aerith)... I... I can't proceed anymore...

*shivers and cries*

EDIT: Sorry for bringing this all up. I promise I won't dig this up anymore.
Lol this shit makes my head hurt. Some of you are funny lol

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I'm so glad I don't know about any of that! :nah:

That's some nice info on the Sephiroth battle. I had Aerith join me first in my first play through and was pretty shocked about how dismissive Cloud answered to her. I wouldn't have expected that at all.
Nice to though that his reply to Tifa is quite a bit different (and sooo ambiguous :lol:).

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
When I first got the final battle my sleep deprived ass thought Sephiroth added he's a tough one and Aerith said so what screw him basically telling Cloud to go screw himself lmao but turns out it was Cloud warning Aerith Sephiroth was tough and Aerith was saying screw Sephi. Anyway it's banter and throwback to their time together "that a compliment?" "not really?" Cloud and Aerith have a lot of banter like that, it's funny and I love it. The snark. Well same with Cloud and Tifa really, that's banter/snark too. The interactions/back and forths between the characters in this game is *chef's kiss* ?

Also anyone got in battle quotes, so far on my replay for hard (got to Wall Market) if a character is knocked unconscious Cloud says-

"Tifa!"

"I'm coming!" (both)

"you call yourself her bodyguard!?" (Aerith)

"Aerith, you ok?"

I'll keep an eye out for more, maybe Cloud says I couldn't keep my promise for Tifa? ?

However, the Seph fight it seems more like cut scene banter vs like a normal fight banter. Kinda wonder why they were "highlighted" during that particular fight though. However, your point is well made and received. :)

BTW, yeah, if you really listen to the parties banter while during a fight, there are a lot of one liners. I love that character interactions.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Sorry, that's just bad grammar on my part, I was asking if anyone had heard the in battle quotes through the game in general and wanted to share any, separate from what I was saying about the Sephiroth fight, whoops.

Back to Sephiroth, yeah I don't mind that now. By that point he knows Aerith can give as good as she gets in terms of verbal exchanges for example, and Cloud just helped storm a whole Shinra building/ take on an army to save her. I don't think there is any malintent or negative concoction/s behind his words (especially since he lets Aerith know Sephi is tough after), some would say he's being aloof/dismissIve if Tifa came first (like Tifa antis), but he's not.

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Sorry, that's just bad grammar on my part, I was asking if anyone had heard the in battle quotes through the game in general and wanted to share any, separate from what I was saying about the Sephiroth fight, whoops.

No worries, I think there are a lot of lines that were recorded for that. I am sure an audiophile probably has them somewhere on their computer. :neo:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
The way they keep touching each other all the time in the Remake was like...maybe due to the graphics and their more reserved personalities in the OG, I always thought the HW scene to be such a 'bold' moment for both of them, but these two here?! Not so much lol

I actually said out loud "Leave something for the Highwind scene, you two! :rage::rage:" once. My boyfriend was confused but amused :D (he's been so patient with my hype that I had to sign up here because I know his patience is almost unlimited but I don't want to test it further lol).

Depends. If your primary
I'm sure you were going somewhere with this...

Don’t forget Chocobo Sam. Cloud is all like hey buddy watch yourself attitude when Sam gushes about Tifa’s physique.
Okay, a "characters who don't make Cloud jealous" list seems shorter than the "characters that make Cloud jealous" one.

Edit: formatting

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

Back to Sephiroth, yeah I don't mind that now. By that point he knows Aerith can give as good as she gets in terms of verbal exchanges for example, and Cloud just helped storm a whole Shinra building/ take on an army to save her. I don't think there is any malintent or negative concoction/s behind his words (especially since he lets Aerith know Sephi is tough after), some would say he's being aloof/dismissIve if Tifa came first (like Tifa antis), but he's not.

Yeah, that is why I thought it was so off putting that Cloud would say "not really." I mean it isn't out of his character to say something like that honestly. I was actually quite surprised.

Hmmm. I wonder what Cloud says if Barrett is your first party member to show up....?

But to keep to the atmosphere of this thread. It is because Cloud obviously loves Tifa more!! (We can't have opposite sides agreeing. Especially here.) ;)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The line is super contextual. The exchange goes

A: Did you miss me?
C, looking surprised: Not really, he's tough
A: Yeah so what? Screw him!

It's indicative of Cloud not wanting Aeris to be part of the fight. He isn't being dismissive, he does not want Aeris in danger. The same sentiment can be deduced from his response to Tifa. Cloud and Aeris have built up a report in their relationship where their dialogue is more comfortably sardonic with each other.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
The line is super contextual. The exchange goes

A: Did you miss me?
C, looking surprised: Not really, he's tough
A: Yeah so what? Screw him!

It's indicative of Cloud not wanting Aeris to be part of the fight. He isn't being dismissive, he does not want Aeris in danger. The same sentiment can be deduced from his response to Tifa. Cloud and Aeris have built up a report in their relationship where their dialogue is more comfortably sardonic with each other.

Pretty much this.

Also, in my first playthrough, I just thought he was trying to “play it cool” saying it right after being saved.

Anyways, he was definitely not being dismissive at all, really.

Also anyone got in battle quotes, so far on my replay for hard (got to Wall Market) if a character is knocked unconscious Cloud says-

"Tifa!"

"I'm coming!" (both)

"you call yourself her bodyguard!?" (Aerith)

"Aerith, you ok?"

I'll keep an eye out for more, maybe Cloud says I couldn't keep my promise for Tifa? ?

Ah, I forgot to answer this, but he does :P

If I'm not mistaken, he says something related to the promised when Tifa dies in battle. I don't remember the full quote tho (I`ll look for it =) )

Last edited:

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I actually said out loud "Leave something for the Highwind scene, you two! :rage::rage:" once. My boyfriend was confused but amused :D (he's been so patient with my hype that I had to sign up here because I know his patience is almost unlimited but I don't want to test it further lol).

I'm sure you were going somewhere with this...

Okay, a "characters who don't make Cloud jealous" list seems shorter than the "characters that make Cloud jealous" one.

Edit: formatting

I actually wasn’t lol. I don’t know how that got there, must have been a mistake.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I noticed on multiple play-throughs that during the end battle with Seph, I got different party members than I had when I first beat the game that joined the fight a bit later.

The first time playing it I got Tifa first, then Barret.

On my first play through when Tifa came into the party she asked Cloud "Need some help?" Which Cloud responded "I don't know about need..."

Tifa

My second time playing I got Aerith, then Tifa.

My second play through when Aerith came into the party first she asked "Did you missed me?" Which Cloud responds "Not really."

Aerith

Cloud's reaction to both girls situations could come off very aloof at times.

However, I think what Cloud says to Aerith is down right out dismissive IMHO.

Edited to add links.

Perhaps, I used too strong of a word in here. I wasn't trying to be divisive between the camps, I was actually trying highlight that Cloud can be completely out of touch and aloof in some situations.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Dude. My now husband didn't believe his friends when they told him I was totally into him (and I was! Damn I thought I was clear enough!!! Luckily he believed them... /Facepalm). Boys are OFTEN none the wiser I'd say. Oh yeah husband was 22 years old back then. So you see x_X

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Fine. He is an awkward 16-year old boy who got put into a tank for 5 years.

Be easy on the boy, guys.

In all fairness, he was already awkward before all that.

Just by some of the new flashbacks in the remake of when Tifa and Cloud were kids, I think SE is making it out to be that TIfa had feelings for Cloud after-all. Although she still had her group of friends, in which Cloud clearly was not a part of the group. I could be over analyzing the scenes though.

Sorry ETA:

In once case particularly she saw Cloud walk by and got up and went out of her way to chase Cloud down, to ask him if "he was ignoring her?"

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I thought it was interesting that they decided to show that flashback. I don't think she had feelings, but she definitely didn't want to leave out the boy next door? As in, I feel they are going for the bigger shock, because from what we saw yeah, it looked like Tifa is at least very friendly if not interested in him (as teenagers), but then the Lifestream scene reveals that all those years he was already in love with her? Something that you don't expect from those flashbacks they showed.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I also think they're building up for the lifestream scene (if they go for that direction in the Remake ofc) by bringing up his memories with Tifa in different situations in the game. Also, this time around they're making it much more clear that Cloud has memory issues by adding scenes about his past that he doesn't have so much clue about (which connects with the fact that he didn't remember the promise at first, why he wanted to become a soldier in the first place, his love for Tifa and so on).

This particular flashback was also good to show that Tifa never bullied or ignored Cloud when they were children (something I heard ppl say a lot in the past), but that she actually tried to include him in her circle of friends.

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I also think they're building up for the lifestream scene (if they go for that direction in the Remake ofc) by bringing up his memories with Tifa in different situations in the game. Also, this time around they're making it much more clear that Cloud has memory issues by adding scenes about his past that he doesn't have so much clue about (which connects with the fact that he didn't remember the promise at first, why he wanted to become a soldier in the first place, his love for Tifa and so on).

This particular flashback was also good to show that Tifa never bullied or ignored Cloud when they were children (something I heard some ppl say a lot in the past), but that she actually tried to include him in her circle of friends.

In the remake, during Jessie's mission, Cloud had the flashback of the promise at the well. I really liked how they handled that by allowing Cloud on his own remember that promise and not being prompted by Tifa, like in the OG. Also the memory was strong enough so that Cloud could bring it up to Tifa later that night, again without having Tifa to draw it out of him.

Also, Cloud asked if Tifa wanted to talk because he was listening. True to Tifa's reserved nature she quickly changed the subject.

You know, I just made a connection and it makes sense, Remember on top of the Shinra HQ when Tifa came to resucue Cloud, I think what she told him could be a direct call back to that talk in the room with Tifa after Jessie's mission about him being the hero.

Top Bottom