A Hero to Remember.

Hatredboy

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Barret Wallace
ddwc11g-46d35220-dbe3-44a0-a4d2-e00c33c3e0b1.jpg

A Hero to Remember.

Reactions: Ite
Was Zack supposed to be illiterate at the start of Crisis Core?

More and more recently I have been coming across this claim... No, it's not even a claim, it's phrased more like an assumption, or a truth universally acknowledged, that Zack could not read or write at the beginning of Crisis Core.

Anybody have any idea where this notion comes from?

I mean... he can read his emails, can't he? Would Shinra recruit an illiterate into SOLDIER? Yeah, maybe.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I saw that going around tumblr lately. There's no basis for it, people must think illiteracy is cute since Zack is just a big pwecious widdle pupper who's too dumb to read.

He wrote letters to his parents, if you want some evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Aerith wrote letters to Zack, so I'm assuming Aerith knows that he can read because then she wouldn't have written to him if there was an indication he couldn't.

Besides, he'd need to be able to read and write to fill out his SOLDIER application and write mission related reports and paperworks.

a truth universally acknowledged, that Zack could not read or write at the beginning of Crisis Core.

Is this a P&P reference?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I could buy Gongaga being an illiterate town. Shinra and Midgar use kanji a lot, but they have only been around for one generation apparently, and before that the world was mostly 1500s-tech. The kids in Nibelheim were taught to read, evidenced by the letters to Tifa, but that doesn’t mean Gongaga (which uses straw huts, not woodframe houses) would have the same culture.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Being illiterate is actually a soldier requirement! See, just look at Sephiroth:
Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_-_Walkthrough_-_Chapter_18_-_Sephiroth_Phase_3_Weakness.png

Okay, I think you're onto something here.

OG Sephiroth has been canonically shown to be able to read (See Shinra Mansion). Remake Sephiroth is unable to.

Which only means that OG Sephiroth =/= Final Boss Remake Part 1 Sephiroth.

Theory of different Sephiroths confirmed!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay, I think you're onto something here.

OG Sephiroth has been canonically shown to be able to read (See Shinra Mansion). Remake Sephiroth is unable to.

Which only means that OG Sephiroth =/= Final Boss Remake Part 1 Sephiroth.

Theory of different Sephiroths confirmed!
As we know, the original Sephiroth was an intellectual
https://doodlebugnimbus.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F612770445795688448 And if FFIX taught us any valuable life lessons, it was that books are the real enemy:
ffixtantarian2.gif

Therefore, we will actually team up with new!Sephiroth to defeat the original.

Mors autem scientiam

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Erm, I wasn't sure where to post it but since this thread is pointless anyway...

I usually hate the way Facebook shoves some ads right in my face, but I had to stop and give this one a long thoughtful look. Well, coincidentally, it's an online game called "Hero Wars", and this dude's name is apparently Galahad, but we can't deny the similarity, can we?

upd: Google says, Galahad's default weapon is the sword of justice. I wish it was the sword of honour, LOL.

Hero Wars.jpg

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
All of a sudden, the story continued! After I posted my observation about Galahad above, I couldn't stop thinking about the similarities and posted it on my Twitter as well. A month later, TODAY, Hero Wars Mobile account retweeted my tweet with a quote:

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor... as Guardian!"

I didn't see it coming, so I can't stop laughing!

Top Bottom