• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Graymouse I'm putting this here instead of LTD thread because Kingdom Hearts doesn't really fit over there, but reading that site you posted I came across this

Tifa
As a symbol of light, like Sephiroth, it's possible that she too was incorporeal. That last scene where she goes off to search for Cloud, you could say, is a metaphor for how Cloud's light still hasn't lost him, even though he's disappeared off with his darkness, and it is trying to shine on him again… I'm pretty sure I didn't manage to get all that across very well. --Nomura, Kingdom Hearts Character's Reports Vol. 2​

So uhhh.... do we get to claim Hollow is a Cloti song now? lol

"Shine bright once more, this time I will never let you go"

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Graymouse I'm putting this here instead of LTD thread because Kingdom Hearts doesn't really fit over there, but reading that site you posted I came across this

Tifa​
As a symbol of light, like Sephiroth, it's possible that she too was incorporeal. That last scene where she goes off to search for Cloud, you could say, is a metaphor for how Cloud's light still hasn't lost him, even though he's disappeared off with his darkness, and it is trying to shine on him again… I'm pretty sure I didn't manage to get all that across very well. --Nomura, Kingdom Hearts Character's Reports Vol. 2​

So uhhh.... do we get to claim Hollow is a Cloti song now? lol

"Shine bright once more, this time I will never let you go"

Yeah, I wished that sites URL wasn't so biased. Other than that is a great site. I feel that the author told things right down the middle for the majority of the content. It also, debunks a lot of the myths that the other side misconstrues as facts. I do see that it could be hostile for the other side though.

Edited to add:

Does the song Hollow point to any character pairing? I didn't see it that way perhaps I was looking at the song from a neutral point of view.

Last edited:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
This is kind of random, but what are some Cloti scenes people would like to see in future remake parts, they can be recreations of OG scenes are brand new scenes.

I have this made up image in my head of Cloud and Tifa having a talk at the rebuilt Neiblehim well, to mirror the promise scene, except this time they are both just expressing sadness and confusion over how the town could still be standing when they saw it burn.

Probably won't happen but I really want it too.

Another one I keep thinking about would be if we can still have multiple choices for Gold Saucer dates, I'd like the reason for the C/T date to be a call back to the date they didn't get in Midgar.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this ship even though I've played the OG FF7. The Remake made me realize just how precious Cloud and Tifa's relationship is and I was surprised to find such a passionate community surrounding this. Just wanted to play my part and help share more content surrounding this amazing relationship from this wonderful community.

Been coming across some very well-edited CloTi videos on YouTube, this one doesn't seem to have been shared here yet. For your viewing pleasure :)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I am really looking forward to the Mideel scene where Tifa takes care of Cloud at the hospital.

Another one is UTH scene. Perhaps we will get a little bit more than just a fad to black. :mon:

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this ship even though I've played the OG FF7. The Remake made me realize just how precious Cloud and Tifa's relationship is and I was surprised to find such a passionate community surrounding this. Just wanted to play my part and help share more content surrounding this amazing relationship from this wonderful community.

Been coming across some very well-edited CloTi videos on YouTube, this one doesn't seem to have been shared here yet. For your viewing pleasure :)

Welcome to the Forums! and welcome to the best ship! From my stand point anyways. :monster:

Edited to add:

Do you think SE will be bold enough to have those two kiss in the the game?

Last edited:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
This is kind of random, but what are some Cloti scenes people would like to see in future remake parts, they can be recreations of OG scenes are brand new scenes.

I have this made up image in my head of Cloud and Tifa having a talk at the rebuilt Neiblehim well, to mirror the promise scene, except this time they are both just expressing sadness and confusion over how the town could still be standing when they saw it burn.

Another one I keep thinking about would be if we can still have multiple choices for Gold Saucer dates, I'd like the reason for the C/T date to be a call back to the date they didn't get in Midgar.

Definitely the scene in Mideel and the Lifestream. Am also hoping that they could recreate some scenes from Crisis Core for the flashbacks, would love to see young Cloud saving Tifa.

I am really looking forward to the Mideel scene where Tifa takes care of Cloud at the hospital.

Another one is UTH scene. Perhaps we will get a little bit more than just a fad to black. :mon:

Welcome to the Forums! and welcome to the best ship! From my stand point anyways. :monster:

Edited to add:

Do you think SE will be bold enough to have those two kiss in the the game?

Thank you, happy to be on board the best ship ;)

Seeing the direction the Remake is taking, I'm hoping they would flesh out more Zerith scenes to establish that ship. Then I'm hopeful that SE could be more blatant on CloTi. Been feeling like they've been having to keep ambiguous in part 1 as not to alienate Clerith fans but CloTi has been getting more screen time. Just my perspective.

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
I'm hoping for a Kiss for sure, maybe like FF8 where there is a slow pan away from the kiss but it for sure still happened (I'd prefer something like FFX but I imagine they won't go that into it)

RE: the Clerith vs Cloti in part 1, I didn't mind that they had both ships in there given where the story is currently at, but yeah Cloti seems to be coming up on top. I'm working on a long analysis on Cloti post chapter 14 so when I get it down I'll post it. So far it seems (to me) that they are seriously looking at ending the LTD definitively this time.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Another scene I want to see is the flash back of nibelheim incident. Can't wait to really see Tifa in her Cowboy outfit.

Like others said before, Not sure why when Cloud didn't show up that she didn't go change to her normal tour cloths.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

I'm really curious to see the gang in Nibelheim too. I want to see Tifa and Cloud as they find themselves in that recreated imitation of Nibelheim and having to deal with the feeling of being alien in a place that was supposed to be home. It wouldn't be a romantic chapter and I certainly don't expect it to be written as one. If the team manages to pull it off well, the Nibelheim chapter could be a great opportunity to see the inner workings and development of Cloud and Tifa as individuals and as a pair.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Another fascinating thing is that I believe Nojima and Nomura talk about Cloud is his true self around Tifa. I think this was in the Remake Ultamania.
6848618c0871d436c17280cadef7a55742440696.png
That quote above is from the recently released FF7R Ultimania, from Nomura himself. He talked about deliberate choices being made in terms of voice direction for Cloud. He wanted to make sure Cloud interacted with Tifa, Jessie and Aerith differently.

Sometimes a man is his true self when he is around the person that he has deep affection for. That is all it takes is a good women to bring out the best in a man.

@MasterMoogle

Oh, my! I get Kirito and Asuna vibes from this one! Neat!!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Does the song Hollow point to any character pairing? I didn't see it that way perhaps I was looking at the song from a neutral point of view.

I think Hollow points to: self-Cloud, Zack, and Aerith personally. Aerith because it's the music of sector 5 slums, in a very nostalgic tone.

Suzaku said here:

In the behind-the-scenes video, Uematsu says he composed it with the mental image of Cloud standing alone in the rain, in a wasteland. Which is pretty much the circumstances of Zack's death.

I think personally he went for the ACC image of Cloud which makes me a bit grumpy tbh. I'm fed up with ACC!Cloud.

Via Purifico

Pro Adventurer
Nomura confirmed that Hollow is a general theme song from Cloud's pov

Fun fact, the price of freedom has lyrics and is similar to the way hollow's lyrics speak of several people.

Yall should check out Cloti and final fantasy 7 remake tags on tumblr. Loads of good stuff there

Last edited:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Alright I'm going to say it, I love that Cloud saves Tifa but I honestly feel like remake did it too much. Like Tifa is more than capable of saving herself most times, and part of the reason she is so loved is because she isn't just a damsel in distress.

I'm glad we have some "Cloud saves Tifa" moments but I wish they had toned it down and had more "Tifa saves Tifa" moments. To keep it shippy we could have just had Cloud appreciating that Tifa saved herself lol.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Actually I think they are both very over protective of each other this time in the Remake. I personally like it. I feel it puts a bit more meaning into their relationship and you can get the sense that they are very precious to each other.

Last edited:

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
I feel like Tifa has some pretty badass moments on her own. Like kicking Eligor, saving Wedge from the falling pipes, defeating some of the failed experiments in Hojo's lab, etc. It's just when Cloud is with her his instincts kick in and he can't help but try to protect her from everything. I don't think anyone came out of the Remake thinking Tifa is a damsel, if anything I think everyone thought she was super cool (unless you already have preconceived notions about her.)

I also thought this was pretty funny and accurate about them as a power couple:

Top Bottom