• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFXIV Online Starter Edition free on PS4 until May 26

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If anyone's late to the party like me and looking to potentially get into this game at some point, the Online Starter Edition will be available for free on the PS Store for the next few days, so get it now and you'll own A Realm Reborn forever. First month of play is free too.
Thought this might be of interest to people. :awesomonster:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/final-fantasy-xiv-online-starter-edition-for-ps4-free-until-may-26

"Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition for PlayStation 4 is free via the PlayStation Store until May 26, Square Enix announced. It is normally priced at $19.99 / 2,420 yen.
While Final Fantasy XIV Online requires a monthly subscription fee, Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition includes a 30-day free trial.
Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition features the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn base game, but does not include the Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers expansions.
The deal is currently live in the following territories:
The deal is not yet live in North America (it officially begins on May 22)."

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Interesting... PS4 also has the Free Trial version as well, which, instead of a free month, allows you to play indefinitely with a level cap of 35, which I enjoyed immensely. I got to level 35 in several classes, and made a couple of characters to play through the different origin zone quest lines (and meet up with different friends on different servers).

I honestly think the Trial version might be better than the Starter Edition, as it allows you to explore multiple classes at your own pace. It also allows you to choose when to upgrade — or even to choose never to upgrade, and stay in your low level zones as a lifer (once you upgrade, there’s no going back).

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Got a few questions:

1) How far into the ARR story does Trial go? I assume it only has a fraction of it? (this may or may not determine if I go for Starter or Trial)
2) When does the "30 days timer" start to countdown? The moment I do the purchase in the store or when I register the SE account in XIV?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In regards to no. 1, this is what I found on reddit: "In terms of story you’ll have access to up to level 35 of quests, more than half way though A Realm Reborn (not including post launch 2.x patches). "

2) The 30 days start once you registered your license

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I got pretty well into the main story in the Trial. Each class has its own quest line as well (for instance, if you take Archer, there’s an Archer guild with characters and a story) and there are TWENTY classes! Similar to the main quest, you can get about halfway through each class quest line before the level requirements for quests exceed level 35. But then you can put on a different hat and start another class quest line.

It’s a mighty lot of content for free, I was quite impressed. Much more than 30 days worth. But the Trial does gate you out of some things, like adding friends (people can add you, but not the other way around) trading, mail, etc.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
TLS Free Company is located on the Chaos datacentre - Cerberus world for anyone who wants to hop in. I'm on most days and can answer any questions/ guide folk through content.

Hopefully see a bunch of you soon!

I am on Cerberus :awesomonster:

Ooooh, it plays a neat opening movie when you wait on the title screen. It's different from the opening movie that you can select from the menu (the one with the narration) and includes the full 1.0 ending scene with Bahamut and "Answers" so that's cool.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Lex rolling up to me in his Regalia all like

giphy.gif

Been given the grand tour through Eorzea and he casually dropped 20,000 gil in my lap.
Why can't someone do that for me irl why must I be poor fml :sigh:
Am now part of the TLS Free Company :monster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It certainly is... Spoilers in FFXIV also work a bit differently since the game has been out for so long. Usually, the "spoilers" from all the previous expansions are not considered to be spoilers anymore, while the content of the current expansion (esppecially the current patch) is. So stuff from ARR, HW and Stormblood aren't tagged, while stuff from Shadowbringers usually is. However, even that's not a hard and fast rule as we're now three patches into Shadowbringers and talking about anything to do with the MSQ would require spoilers if we did that...

Lex

Administrator
I kinda want to chronicle my first MMO experience. I wonder if I should make a separate thread for that. The FFXIV thread probably contains spoilers for the story and such and I don't wanna hijack it. :monster:

Feel free to make a "Tets Plays FFXIV" thread, I'd happily post in there :3

Just as long as you do start being active in the actual FFXIV thread when you catch up :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'll probably not catch up until long after they release the last expansion or something because I sure as hell cannot afford an ongoing subscription right now :wacky:

Maybe I'll wait until it's like FFXI. I heard you can level cap your classes/jobs in a few days/hours now and just rush through the story :monster:

Top Bottom