looney toon thrad

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Thought I'd put myself out there. I've been in a huge creative slump since working in a really technical type of job that's starting to feel a bit dry. Constant pressure to "brand" myself on social media sucks, esp since I haven't really been satisfied with my personal work for a while :(

I'm trying to do stuff more out of my element, but tbh I am not even sure what my element is anymore. This is quick-paint the only thing I've done in the last few months where I think, hey this isn't bad:

agentcoop.png

It's supposed to be Agent Cooper from Twin Peaks. I think my ability for likeness is at a point where I can see it if I squint a little :monster:

More to come? Maybe. I was gonna use Covid time to try and set up a commission chart, but lack of motivation + not meeting output goals = a self-feeding hole.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Light and shade are really on point. I love your style, Looney, I really love it <3

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Looks good. That's a million times better than what I can dish out. My stick figures don't even look like stick figures.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
thought I'd post this here since this is relevant content

I finished deadline stuff for work a bit early, so decided to take a plunge into these Inktober prompts.

1_Fish.png

this was supposed to be a fast sketch-thing to churn out while procrastinating, but I ended up fiddling with it a lot longer than intended :/

Anyways it's supposed to be Noctis and Leviathan from one of the cool parts in FFXV :monster: I used a bit of reference, but I was trying to go fast, so it kinda just looks like a generic dragon and dude lol.

Good stuff - I really like that Cooper portrait; the FFXV drawing has a really nice sense of scale, looking forward to seeing more Inktober work if you do more prompts.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
k I say this every year, but I'm gonna try and get through all of Inktober. I have yet to complete one lmfao but now that it's Covid time I feel like I have less excuse.

Maybe one day I'll do something that isn't monochrome. I'm trying to break out of my comfort zones little by little.

2_Wisp.png

Are all the prompts gonna be video games themed?! Maybe, now that the idea has come to me.

btw, I am also posting these on my seldom-updated instagram page. IG doesn't allow for full resolutions tho : P

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Something more in my wheelhouse. It took more time than I'd like to admit to achieve this level of clean line. I got lazy halfway through with the details so I kinda just winged it to make things look filled in :wacky:

3_Bulky.png

the prompt was "bulky" and all I could think of was when I equipped too much shit in dark souls while attempting to fight this guy :(

I think I'm gonna try and veer away from this sorta style for the sake of finishing this Inktober @_@

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
got held up a day due to bad cramps + migraine. not gonna stress too much about playing catch up, i'm just gonna carry on as normal.

the prompt was "blade." since i missed a day, i did something fairly simple:

edit: did a re-upload with a white BG, as the transparent image looked really muddy with TLS's dark BG.

5_Blade.png

5_Blade.png

one thing I thought was really cool about Remake was the distinctive designs of Cloud's swords. I basically just coloured in some little doodles I did of them.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I felt kinda silly updating this every day, so I let it it pile up a bit. I slowed down because of a busy Thanksgiving long weekend, so I am even more behind than before :monster:

7_Rodent.jpg

This is pencil sketch I did while watching TV. Conker's been having quite a few bad fur days lately.

7_Fancy_02.png

I binged a shit load of Inkmaster season 8 over the weekend. I'd only ever watched the first "Angels" season, so it was cool to see their origin story. I wanted to do Zelda in a style inspired by the girls of Nikki Simpson. I had a lot of fun with this one, even though the hair turned out a little boring looking. I would like to re-do a more detailed version of this one day maybe.

8_Teeth.png

Just something quick and dumb lol. Even Boos gotta floss!

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
bumping this for a bit of shameless self promo.

I started doing some streaming and just finished up my first solo run. I went through a cool little indie horror game called Devotion.

Gimme a follow, I'm using a 2d vtube rig I made :D

Click this link here

Last edited:
Top Bottom