• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
It's absolutely insane. Like, it's amazing how I can't look at boss battles the same way anymore. "Wait, you dont have specific tracks for bosses, each one of them with 2-3 phases that just goes hard as f*ck?".

And then I remember, oh yeah, that isnt the norm, it's just FFVIIR being awesome.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The soundtrack has no right to be as incredible as it is - like, every second track is a straight banger.

"I'm Waiting, Cloud" is one I've been listening to a lot as of late. I love the buildup and the triumphant theme at the end.

I do wanna point out though that "I'm Waiting, Cloud" is a different track. The one in the link is not actually gonna be on the OST.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Samples for Disc 6 have been added:

sTDxlGm.png

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They just took my money, order is being prepared. Can't wait not having to contend with Youtube gamerips any longer (especially since Squex have been taking down a lot of channels...)

Still hope a lot of the cutscene music gets released too. Maybe like FFIX's"Soundtrack PLUS".
(speaking of hoping for releases, where the hecc is the KH3 OST?)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
They just took my money, order is being prepared. Can't wait not having to contend with Youtube gamerips any longer (especially since Squex have been taking down a lot of channels...)

Still hope a lot of the cutscene music gets released too. Maybe like FFIX's"Soundtrack PLUS".
(speaking of hoping for releases, where the hecc is the KH3 OST?)
Same here! I ordered the special edit and regular versions

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I've been listening to soundtracks from across the Compilation as I wait.

Like, did everyone know Last Order's titular song has an official remix with hip hop lyrics? Why, why did it take me 15 years to discover this? It's so specifically attuned to my tastes, I pretty much listened to it on repeat for an entire work day when I unearthed it.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There are quite a few missing tracks and I have no idea why they've been excluded.

"A Trap is Sprung - Battle"
"A Trap is Sprung - Keycard"
"Maze of Scrap Metal -Battle"

And then there are the mysterious tracks from the composers that were renditions of other memorable FF title tracks... And from what I'm aware of, those remixes don't exist anywhere else. They apparently were made for FFVII-R, packed in the demo, but then subsequently excluded?

Dunno if the soundtrack will include them or not but it'd be a shame not to. Because they're absolute fire. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And then there are the mysterious tracks from the composers that were renditions of other memorable FF title tracks... And from what I'm aware of, those remixes don't exist anywhere else. They apparently were made for FFVII-R, packed in the demo, but then subsequently excluded?

Pretty sure those were temp tracks from the various Jazz and Brass de Bravo albums.

Not sure what the other tracks are supposed to be? Maze of Scrap Metal is from the second half of chapter 6, the battle theme for that is Critical Shot.
A Trap Is Sprung is itself a battle theme.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
"A Trap is Sprung" has 3 variants.

The theme that plays when you go from room to room to interrupt the Airbuster's completion.

The variant that plays when finding keycards.

And the variant that plays when you're in combat outside of the rooms where the infantrymen are preping the Airbuster.

"Maze of Scrap Metal" has two variants. It has a battle variant that plays for the battles that happen during seeking out the sunlamps in chapter 6.

"Critical Shot" is the battle theme for "Undercity Suns." These tracks play during Chapter 13 for the Deepground portion.

I didn't know that's where those tracks came from though. Well, guess they aren't so unknown after all. :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Re: Missing Tracks

If they're never released, if those people who have decrypted the full game (I've seen models that weren't in the demo, but nobody is sharing their sources) convert the music files, that could fill in the gaps. Or whenever the PC version comes out, people will likely rip them (it'd be easier than decrypting the PS4 game, I imagine).

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Re: Missing Tracks

If they're never released, if those people who have decrypted the full game (I've seen models that weren't in the demo, but nobody is sharing their sources) convert the music files, that could fill in the gaps. Or whenever the PC version comes out, people will likely rip them (it'd be easier than decrypting the PS4 game, I imagine).

This is true, but I still hope they release an extended album. The composers have the best understanding on how to mix their songs, the unique loops to feature, and how to end a song considering its position in the album (fade-out or some type of closing note). I'm not a musician so maybe there's professional jargon for this stuff!

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Last edited:
Top Bottom