• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The way they handled the artist credit on Apple and Google bugs me, Uematsu is credited for most of it :wacky:
I mean yes, obviously he is the original composer but they probably should've used the arranger credits for the Remake versions what with Uematsu's only active contribution being Hollow.
Thankfully, the liner notes of the album contain full credits.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Now the question is will I be buying a physical version, because if so I won't also buy it digitally. I already did that for the game, lol

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I want a physical copy, even though I don't even have a CD-player anymore. And converting it to mp3 is such a hassle... And it's too expensive right now, anyway.
Perhaps I'll buy digital for now, that's not too expensive... I want to listen to the whole soundtrack so badly! I know it's on and off YouTube, but that's not reliable.

Lex

Administrator
My special edit version soundtrack arrived today.

This is not hyperbole - this is one of the most stunning collectors items I've ever owned. I think I was just expecting it to be the soundtrack, but the presentation actually took my breath away.

1590693438346.png

There are 3 things in the box - a jukebox disc, the 7 disc soundtrack (so pretty), and a book containing the tracklist, the lyrics to all the songs (in both English and Japanese) and artwork (we've seen it all before, but it's still gorgeous.

1590693519851.png

1590693572972.png

1590693644901.png

1590693687098.png

Just, wow. Time to rip all the music then put the discs back in this box forever and never open it again :D

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My order status is still "Acknowledged".

I'm shipping the soundtrack to my parent's place in the states due to my hectic living situation. But with COVID-19, I may not be able to return and open it until... Christmas? Next year?

Can someone post a picture of the open "book" that contains the discs? So that I may see it :)

Edit: it shipped!

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
*looks at the price*
I think im going to get the free edition... it looks really damn good though.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm thinking of keeping my physical copy sealed and then getting the digital copy on iTunes... Sell it later for hopefully a higher price (not gouging, hopefully it, and the game, will go up in value.)

Reactions: LNK

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I have put myself on the waiting list, now. Well, I'll see how long it'll take.

God, I'm listening to Disc 8 on Youtube right now for the first time. It's beautiful... The Stamp song is so damn catchy, no wonder Stamp is so popular in Midgar! :lol: And the Jukebox variation of Costa del Sol, aaaah, and the Gold Saucer, it's wonderful!
Oh God, and the Global version of Midgar blues, I'm cryyyying, I'm laughing, why is this so good??? It's so kitschy, so sugary-sweet, so... I don't even have words.

I'm crying! I'm dying! Why is this so amazing???

I waaaaant the box!!! :aah:

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm thinking of keeping my physical copy sealed and then getting the digital copy on iTunes... Sell it later for hopefully a higher price (not gouging, hopefully it, and the game, will go up in value.)

I learned from my mom's friend to always buy an extra one. He made loads of money on star wars collectibles

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
I learned from my mom's friend to always buy an extra one. He made loads of money on star wars collectibles

I hate this type of practice... I wanted to buy Xenoblade DE LE but here in Poland all are sold out (3 shops in the entire country had it and preorders ended in like 10 minutes). Now on Allegro (polish ebay) they cost 50% more. Still, I could buy it, but I ain't gonna fill pocket of a damn flipper.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I hate this type of practice... I wanted to buy Xenoblade DE LE but here in Poland all are sold out (3 shops in the entire country had it and preorders ended in like 10 minutes). Now on Allegro (polish ebay) they cost 50% more. Still, I could buy it, but I ain't gonna fill pocket of a damn flipper.

I understand why you hate it. Part of me does as well. I would never sell anything for as much as others do though. Last year I sold a few boxes of Japanese pokemon cards for $75 each ($30 more than what I paid). Other people were selling them for $100.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Am I just blind and deaf, or does the official soundtrack omit the track that plays upon
confronting Sephiroth in Chapter 18 on the Midgar Highway?

I thought it'd be "I'm Waiting Cloud" but that's the theme that plays after you destroy Whisper Harbinger.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Is the outer box magnetized like the ff15 ultimate edition?

Nah it's just a box.

Am I just blind and deaf, or does the official soundtrack omit the track that plays upon confronting Sephiroth in Chapter 18 on the Midgar Highway?

Not sure on this one. It might be buried somewhere in another song, or it's one of those cutscene songs that just didn't make it to the soundtrack :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom