• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer

As of Patch 5.3, the Free Trial will go up to lvl 60 and up to patch 5.56. It will basically have all the 2.x and 3.x content in it including races and jobs.

Guess I know what I'll be pushing for when the Community Play-through votes comes up!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Holy shit, that is pretty huge. Almost deserves its own news thread imo.
That is a shitton of content for free. Actually makes me mad that I got the game when they offered the Starter Edition for free - with the Trial edition I could've actually gotten more free playtime out of the game :monster:
Since I have the Starter it means I'll have to sub to continue playing.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It would be better to read it as "everything before Stormblood". Either way, it's a lot and solves one of the worst problems FFXIV has with the Free Trial: stopping combat before any of the classes really go anywhere. Hevensward is also when the MSQ really hits its stride, so no more stopping the story before it proves itself at being great.

Lex

Administrator
There are still some limitations to the free trial method, though I don't know what they are anymore. I know at one point they couldn't join FC's, I don't know if that's the case anymore.

Tbh this is an odd (though welcome) move for them to make. I suppose it'll get more players on board but normally you only see MMO's do this when their sub count is falling, and XIV's sub count is only increasing. Kudos to them for bucking the trend I guess. I mean, HW is largely regarded as excellent so I can see why they would want players to get a taste of that before they decide to sub. We are really at a stage where 2.0 - 2.2 is no longer representative of the XIV experience at all.

@Tetsujin I still have the code for that 60 day timecard so just let me know when you fancy playing again and I'll ping it to you

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'll just copy/paste the free trial restrictions from the official website:

• Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.
  • One (1) Free Trial account may be registered using a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
  • Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can create only eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per world.
  • Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level thirty five (35).
  • Free Trial account characters can obtain only a capped amount of in game currency (GIL).
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout", "yell" or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot trade items with other players during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the Mogletter service during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot hire a retainer character during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new Linkshell during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot login to the Lodestone and or any other game forum during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot progress past Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon during the Free Trial.
The level 35 cap can obviously be disregarded come August 11 but the rest will probably still apply.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
@Tetsujin I still have the code for that 60 day timecard so just let me know when you fancy playing again and I'll ping it to you

That would be August 11 at the very earliest but probably later. :monster:

Also, seems like they currently have ShB 50% off on PSN. Why must they tempt me.
I mean, while I could continue playing through Heavensward without buying the expansion, I'll have to eventually get it anyway so the starter edition upgrade just delays the inevitable for me and it's currently cheaper than physical. But then again, I don't wanna buy stuff if I don't plan on playing it at the moment and maybe it'll be even cheaper sometime in the future aaahhh idk man

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm so excited! I'll be able to finish ARR and play Heavensward to boot!! I'm honestly floored that they're doing this, it means so much to folks like me (read: anti-subscription-model consumers). I feel like I want to donate a lump sum to the developer's office in thanks. :joy:

Fade

SHR
My remaining, slightly-entitled point of upset is that free players can't form a party. My brother and I played on the trial a while back and I'd love to continue with him, but, 2020 being what it is, a subscription isn't on the horizon. You can work around it by asking a kindly stranger to set up a party for you and have them leave, but it's obviously an imperfect solution.

Top Bottom