• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge's Roles in the Remake Thread

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Member was warned for disregarding a clear warning to stop this discussion
I was just about to ask for that, Tres, as I'm getting tired of it. But I'd like to say just one thing, if I may, and then I'll leave it. Crazyrabbit, it's not for certain that Jessie's dead. Her glove on the dresser is a clear hint at the possibility that she's alive. It adds nothing to the scene if she isn't. Biggs was supposed to die according to the OG, but he didn't. What the whispers did in his case was undone with their defeat. So it's possible that the same happened with Jessie. Remember, the camera didn't show the other half of the room, what was on the other side of the dresser. You can get a glimpse of it during the pan over to Biggs, just a hint of something that might be another bed or a chair.

It's not clear enough to tell for sure, but it's possible that she might've been over there recuperating as well. And as the most fleshed-out and most popular member of the trio, it makes sense to keep her survival quiet for the time being to keep people talking and give them yet another reason to anticipate Part 2. The pan across from the glove to Biggs isn't long enough for any reaction other than thinking of Jessie, seeing Biggs alive, and wondering what that might mean for her. SE knew full well what putting it there would make people think. They knew people would take it as a hint that she's still alive, that her fate was changed - and as part of the theme of the remake is "defying fate", there's no reason to think her own couldn't be changed as well. As for the menu entry,

it also says in the Chapter 14 summary that "friends" have been lost. Plural. But the only named friends supposedly lost at the point were Biggs and Jessie. And as we know that Biggs is alive, that means that the summary was inaccurate or only meant to convey what Cloud and the others knew at the time. Thus, the menu entry about Jessie can be taken to be merely an observation from their point of view, because they believe they lost her. But it's possible that, like Biggs, she's alive. But since they didn't know that at that point, only knowing what they saw, the summary says what it does. Even though they still went back to find them, meaning they thought even after the pillar that there was a chance they were alive and could be saved. And as their later assumption that Biggs was dead was wrong, so the same can be true of Jessie.

That's all I wanted to say. I don't want to argue about this stuff anymore.

Jairus

Jessie's Theme left out again? They could've included it so all three girls would've been represented.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Yeah, but Jessie's theme isn't very good, IMO. Plus given the stripped-down tone of it, it wouldn't really work in an orchestral setting.

Jairus

You were warned about this SO many times....
It's fine, EM - there's nothing wrong with it, and as it has multiple variations in the soundtrack, it wouldn't be hard to develop a longer, more orchestral version of it. Stop beating down on anything associated with her. Just once, I'd like to see you say something genuinely positive about her or something related to her.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
It's fine, EM - there's nothing wrong with it, and as it has multiple variations in the soundtrack, it wouldn't be hard to develop a longer, more orchestral version of it. Stop beating down on anything associated with her. Just once, I'd like to see you say something genuinely positive about her or something related to her.
First of all, it could be anyone's theme, I still wouldn't like it. Stop projecting your hair-trigger defensiveness over something that is associated with Jessie in name only.

You know, when the remake was still in its pre-release days and trailers were the only way to get any morsels of info about the game, I really liked Jessie. I thought she was a fun, bubbly character who rounded out the team well. But now, my brain has learned to associate any mention of her with you steamrolling the conversation until people agree with your ideal scenarios. And thus you have ruined her for me.

I guess neither of us gets what we want.

Jairus

Every. Single. Post.
What, simply saying it would've been nice if her theme had been included is somehow wrong? If people here would bring her up without me having to do it and actually give her some positive attention and discussion, I wouldn't feel the need to mention her so much. Not telling anyone what to do, just saying. Also, if you hadn't noticed, I've been pretty quiet lately, trying not to stir anything up. So I'd appreciate it if you'd take that into account and not view only the past as if that's all that's ever happened. And I never mentioned the trio in my post here, so why you're bringing that up, I don't know. It has no relevance here.

I'm not steamrolling anything, EM. I never said everyone had to agree. I just want to be able to share my opinion without it being bashed on simply because it's different. And you can choose to unruin her for yourself if you want to. No one's stopping you. I'm just tired of the same tracks being used in these things over and over and over again with virtually no variation or expansion. And I'd just like to see SE acknowledge Jessie's newfound popularity with more than just words.

Oh, and people have already done piano and guitar covers of her theme, and even a vocal arrangement. So saying an orchestral version couldn't be done is a bit inaccurate.

Jairus

Will be warned.
That's why I went back and took that part of my reply out, because I noticed that when I went back to see your initial comment. I didn't see it the first time. And are you sure your experiences with Jessie here aren't influencing your view of her theme?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
are you sure your experiences with Jessie here aren't influencing your view of her theme?

it could be anyone's theme, I still wouldn't like it.
To clarify, the song isn't bad, but it doesn't sound like a theme song. It sounds more like generic background music. Regardless, it's far too slow and sleepy to make sense in an orchestra setting, in my mind.

Jairus

Because you refuse to learn, or listen, or change.
Well, that's your opinion and that's fine. But remember, there were multiple variations of it on the soundtrack, such as "The Look On Her Face", which could've been used instead of her actual theme. Though again, until we actually hear an orchestral version of it, it's hard to say one way or another for sure how well it would work. It depends on how it's expanded.

Jairus

You know, stuff like that really doesn't help. So you might as well not do it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Consider this my final word on the subject.
There's something really tragic about the fact that his own desperation to see Jessie be discussed more is the very reason she's barely spoken of at all. None of you are ever going to accomplish anything by perpetuating the patter, so just stop. Franky, it's just plain irresponsible to continue trying at this point. You should know better by now, Jessie isn't even really the core of the problem. So just ignore it, that's what I did. Maybe some day things will be different, but for now this is a poisoned well.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Which is still not an excuse to try to goad responses out of people about that same topic in different threads. If no one else is responding to that thread, it's clear that the conversational interest is one-sided. That's not necessarily a bad thing as we all have our individual passions and interests, but keep the conversations in place as you've been asked and told well more than enough times by far more than enough people.

We're done having conversations about that topic in this thread, as well as having conversations about that other thread in this thread.

Please consider this a final warning.

X:neo:
You were VERY clearly warned about discussing this topic and this thread over in the Official Twitter thread.

I moved all of your posts.

I will continue to move all of your posts of this nature into this thread where they belong.

That being said, from this point on, I will ALSO be issuing you a warning for EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of them that I have to move from this point on.

Make sure that you think through what you're posting, and if you think that there is even a tiny remote hint of a possibility that it will get moved here – post it here instead and safe yourself the infraction.

This is not a matter of discussion any more.

@Jairus So, you remember how there was this thing SPECIFICALLY ABOUT NEVER POSTING YOUR JESSIE RANTS IN THE OFFICIAL TWITTER THREAD AGAIN? Because there's absolutely ZERO excuses not to, nor is there any complaint that you can make about the punishment coming your way because of it.

X :neo:

Jairus

Why was this moved here? I made the initial post in regards to the track list and kept my post specifically about her theme, which being another song like the others, has relevance to what the tweet was about. Both were about the game's music.

Consider this my final word on the subject.
There's something really tragic about the fact that his own desperation to see Jessie be discussed more is the very reason she's barely spoken of at all. None of you are ever going to accomplish anything by perpetuating the patter, so just stop. Franky, it's just plain irresponsible to continue trying at this point. You should know better by now, Jessie isn't even really the core of the problem. So just ignore it, that's what I did. Maybe some day things will be different, but for now this is a poisoned well.
Have you considered that the opposite is true as well, Ody? That this sort of thing happens because people won't try to talk about her again?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Why was this moved here? I made the initial post in regards to the track list and kept my post specifically about her theme, which being another song like the others, has relevance to what the tweet was about. Both were about the game's music.

Jessie's theme wasn't in the Official Tweet.

So, once again – you made the entire conversation about Jessie's Theme not being used – instead of the content that was actually IN the official tweet. This is EXACTLY what you did when Jessie or the Trio weren't appearing in screenshots in official Tweets. You'd steer any conversation that didn't have them involved into one that HAD to talk about them regardless of what the topic was specifically about. So, yet again, you've steered ANY conversation into the topic that you've been told not not derail threads with – AND you did it in the exact thread where you've been EXPLICITLY told not to do that.

Your motivation on this being about the Tweet isn't true, because all of these posts each include you begging other people to talk about her – in a thread where you've been told not to goad responses out of other people onto your obsessions.

Stop beating down on anything associated with her. Just once, I'd like to see you say something genuinely positive about her or something related to her.
If people here would bring her up without me having to do it and actually give her some positive attention and discussion, I wouldn't feel the need to mention her so much. Not telling anyone what to do, just saying.
And are you sure your experiences with Jessie here aren't influencing your view of her theme?
Have you considered that the opposite is true as well, Ody? That this sort of thing happens because people won't try to talk about her again?

I'm not discussing this any more because, as I said barely four months ago:

THIS IS STILL NOT A MATTER THAT IS UP FOR DEBATE.

X :neo:

Jairus

Her theme is still a song, and so are the songs on the tracklist. Both involve music. Therefore, what I said was relevant. Are opinions not allowed on this forum? Discussion about what is or isn't on the list and what could have been? And again, you overlooked the fact that EM and I resolved our disagreement on our own. It was already over by the time you came around. And there are plenty of conversations on this board I haven't touched, let alone even said anything in. So it's hardly all of them or even close.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Ok but am I the only one wondering how they met?? I mean in the loading screen it states that they grew up together.... But Biggs and probably wedge too lived in the lrafhouse and jessie on the plate :o

Maybe Wedge's parents worked for Shinra and he lived on the plate in the same complex as Jessie, and they were good friends at primary school, but then his parents died in an industrial accident and he was sent to the Leaf House where he met Biggs, and Jessie being an adventurous girl would sneak down to the slums to hang out with her bestie Wedge and that's how they all got to know each other.

Top Bottom