• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
*prays that these threads will one day attract back Shinra Employee #080729 from the ACF days*

Maybe I need to say his name three times inside a shrine devoted to obscure FFVII Compilation content. :lol:
Did you ever try using the way back machine to try and access his profile and see if he had contact info visible?

Getting real Liam Neeson vibes here
I think the detective vibes in Wilford 'MOTHERLOVING' Warfstache would be more appropriate :wacky:

I did put an end to the search at an appropriate time though. My final lead was the leaked password to his dusty Steam account. But actually using the password would have felt far too unethical, and would risk scaring Shinra Employee away if he ever found out, so I called it quits and never used the leaked password.

Though even with the obscure people from ACF that I did manage to track down for the sake of asking if they had any lost Compilation content on their harddrives, none of them replied to my queries. Maybe they were too disinterested to respond...or perhaps they don't want to be caught up by the past. *detective noir atmosphere intensifies*

Fade

SHR
Knowing how hard you've been looking for this guy and his treasure trove, Shademp, I almost feel bad for showing up. You must've got a little excited at the thought of a new old face! Sorry to have burst your bubble by not knowing anything useful :lol:

Shinra Employee #080729 played the mobile game Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode. He not only reviewed the game for ACF but also transcribed the English script.

Lost Episode lives up to its name and is a lost game, with the only available content currently being the Japanese demo pre-installed on phones. I'm hoping that Shinra Employee #080729 still has the phone he used to play this game on and that some game data can be extracted from it.

He also spent a lot of time collecting a ton of media from- and about the online mode of Dirge (with the intention of one day reviving the online multiplayer). This makes him my best bet at finding recordings, images and blog entries that can't be found anywhere online any more.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Shinra Employee #080729 played the mobile game Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode. He not only reviewed the game for ACF but also transcribed the English script.

Lost Episode lives up to its name and is a lost game, with the only available content currently being the Japanese demo pre-installed on phones. I'm hoping that Shinra Employee #080729 still has the phone he used to play this game on and that some game data can be extracted from it.

He also spent a lot of time collecting a ton of media from- and about the online mode of Dirge (with the intention of one day reviving the online multiplayer). This makes him my best bet at finding recordings, images and blog entries that can't be found anywhere online any more.
Damn, now I want to find this guy too! It'll be like national treasure or some shit. You can be Nick Cage, Shademp.

Most likely Shinra Employee #080729 has lost all the data but I always keep a little bit of hope. After all, people like Suzaku and Cloud_S still had a lot of Compilation stuff on their harddrives which contributed greatly to my preservation effort.

Thanks to the stuff shared by Cloud_S two years ago multiple Dirge videos were recovered. Two examples:

SocraticMethod

Ex ACFer
AKA
ticalmc2k2
Wow, I was pretty active on AC.net from around early 2004-2006 but shortly after AC came out I fell out of the community. I mostly loved talking about the news and speculation of AC and the original. I never went too deep into other things. Early on the most debate I remember encountering was just the whole Cloti/Cloris thing.

Part of me wishes I checked in to see the turmoil but I remember people just getting more extreme there and once the compilation wound down the threads turned toxic. I vaguely remember people's signatures and profiles showing "Somewhat Obsessed" and others. I had no idea it was an ideological clique thing!

My main memory of the downfall of AC was Summoner Yuna went from being obsessed with Sephiroth (like literally claiming him) to suddenly in love with that Cloverfield movie. I left shortly after it became "compilation.net" or whatever. I still wish the site was up though to see my younger, dumber self. AC was the most excited I've ever been over a product coming out. I have good memories of chatting with people about theories and such.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Everytime I see a thread that mentions AC.net I get so nostaligic about my time there.

I'd been on it a few years but was mostly a Lurker, didn't really know where to post at times I remember posting in the Spam thread when I was fairly new at one point....boy was that a mistake:lol:.

Then a couple of threads came up where me and a couple of members were really active outside of the FFVII discussion and I started getting to know people, joined FC and started to enjoy myself more, but I remember and it was a couple months before the forum shut down, I'd been away for the weekend but l logged in when I was back it'd only been like 3 or 4 days and the next thing I saw was there was a major uproar, there'd been mass bannings, and if I remember a new admin appointed that went down really badly and within a couple of months the forum was all but shut down.

I kinda wonder what SY is up to these days what with the remake and all, didn't she at one point briefly join here as a member?

Mostly I lurk here now and my activity has declined as time has went on (IRL shit as they say, havent even played the remake or have a ps4 to play it on) but I still enjoy the ongoings here.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Lol I just remembered when a few of us in the clubs section were getting sick of ACF being down all the fucking time so I went and started a thread on some other FF forum with the intention that we'd just use that as a backup, not even bothering to interact with the rest of the forum. In retrospect that was probably very bad etiquette ?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I lurked on AC.net and continue to lurk here. The most active I've been with posting was with the release of FF7R, and even that wan't consistent.

I sure would like to be more involved with the community, but it takes me way too long to write something. I often second guess myself with thoughts like "does anyone really care what I think" or "I don't want to be a bother." And when I do feel strongly enough to post I'll easily spend an hour finding the right words and making sure it flows nicely.

Like this post alone was 30 mins lol.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I kinda wonder what SY is up to these days what with the remake and all

Did some digging just now: she doesn't seem to have any interest in the remake at all. Her main things for the past few years seem to be Dr. Who and Pokemon. Brings up Cloverfield once and a while. She actually got married several years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to forget about FF7 and the Sephiroth obsession altogether. Maybe she got help?

Top Bottom