Favorite FFVII Fanart

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
All of that sounds like good reasons for American art students to do exchange, though. :huh:
They can't make the cut.
Scholarships are even more demanding, because they request language credentials (that was the reason I took Cambridge's FIRST test). Even Erasmus scholarships have language requests and you're ranked based on your scores. And I never requested one of these because everybody knows that they're more vacations than learning programs.

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Creative works don't really command respect. I've always learned more from criticism than glowing reviews.

Creators do, though. I don't like looking at someone's art and saying. This creator did this, therefore the creator is a _____ person or has ________ in their personal life.

Re Art and Creative Writing schools, you get a basic grounding plus the chance to practice and build a portfolio of work. Not everyone has good conditions to work in at home or good enough internet. If you're shovelling cement for seven hours or have three kids at home, you're unlikely to get much chance to paint in the evenings. Online Communities tend to veer towards being overly positive or being trolling and abusive.

Also, good art materials are very expensive.

Last edited:
EcuD667UcAEfHJM

- Twitter source

I need a chibi anime of Aerith and Tifa simply being a cute couple together. I need it so bad.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
But still, the picture radiates such a cozy and friendly atmosphere that it makes me crave for moar CC retcon/headcanon scenes :awesome:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Now, our private universities are pretty much the same: you pay money and you're in, pass go and collect your diploma. But our public universities are good and demanding. They aren't the equivallent to your community colleges.
And in our public universities, money means nothing, you aren't a customer even if you pay for an education. Rich kids go to private universities to make connections but go to public universities when they really want to learn and be competent in their field.

Super-duper late, but I want to point out one thing about Spanish Universities:

- Becoming a professor at the public university system is PURE HELL. You need a doctorate, endless papers being published in relevant scientific media and many, many, many more requirements. I have someone in my family who took YEARS to build up a resume big enough for the requirements. Oh, and those requirements would change retroactively if needed, so it could happen that you finally got enough merits aquired only for the Ministry to change said requirements, add a shitton more and send you back to square one.

- Becoming a professor at a private uni is a joke. You only need a university degree and knowing the vice-chancellor or any other person who can hire you.

- Rich kids rarely go to a public uni because they really don't need to know stuff because a junior executive post is already waiting for them. Wannabe rich kids? Sure they do while putting up airs that such place is beneath them (had them at Business Management).

- There is at least one reported case on which a rich kid went to private uni (law school, which is regarded as one of the easiest) and not even money could give him the diploma because he was such a lazy bum and was more preocupied on creeping his way up the political party he was affiliated to. Not even switching bewteen unis worked and he hit 26 with just 2 out of 4 years complete. He spent eight years just doing nothing study-wise, until he got a seat on a regional government and the president of said regional govenrment called the uni to give the dude his diploma once and for all, and suddenly he completed 2 whole years in a few months. And from that point on, diplomas and master degres started falling on him, while he paraded tv programs tutting at his generation (incidentaly, mine) about being unemployed "because we didn't make an effort and waited for others to solve our problems". Now he's the head of his party and I get heartburn just by looking at him. Oh, and no one sets things straight (you would think the currently governing parties would do something just to get rid of a political rival) because most political public office people are suspected of having done the same. Yay.

Top Bottom