Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
When you put into context just how much work localization takes in a game like Remake, it's amazing to hear from some of the people responsible. This is especially true when considering that the success of the original FFVII had a lot of impact in how localization was handled in the industry. (If I remember, the localization team used the game's global impact to convince Square Enix into expanding localization resources tremendously)

Things I didn't even realize matter tremendously - simultaneously having a line sound natural, having stresses line up with the characters' body language, all while fitting it into the structure of the original Japanese cutscenes...really impressive stuff. Huge props to the voice actors for being able to adjust to that. It makes me respect them even more.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, mad props to the FR team, I never had the impression that the characters were not speaking french - especially telling since there's no lip-syncing for French! I guess they are used to it though since everything is dubbed here.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I usually prefer Japanese over English because of the dialogue tends to sound pretty unnatural when translated, but I was genuinely surprised by how well the dubbing was handled. I thought the voice actors really sold their lines and I think taking some liberty with the translation really helped make the dialogue feel more authentic. Couldn’t help but notice a few who were displeased with some of the more romantic lines apparently being downplayed, and I’m still relatively new to this fanbase so I didn’t realize how much the translations play into the usual shipping arguments. Either way, I thought the characterization was conveyed really well especially in how the characters interacted with one another. I just can’t get enough of these cute little knuckleheads.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
At this rate, I expect FFXVI to release mid-end 2022.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
"Coronavirus caused 'time to stand still'"
dio-brando-2-1194154-1280x0.jpeg
... I'll see myself out

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Looks like we are getting a PS5 version. People are already speculating that the latest rumors about a dlc fit well with this , SE will probably sell a

Been holding out on my next playthrough for something like this. I imagine they'll be a bit backlash though. Even if they add new content I think most people would be annoyed Square is re-releasing the game so soon. The remake is already memed to death with how many parts it'll be.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
.... Those fucking bastards.

It all makes sense now.

The PS5 version is going to be the Final Mix of the FFVII-Remake.

It's going to have extra scenes, content, and more.

That's why new lines are being recorded.

Those clever bastards.
They could still offer it as paid DLC for the PS4 version. Look at what's being done with the Miles Morales game.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
For now I can buy there being no want for "water" seeing as how we're only in Midgar but going out within the whole huge open global? Naw, water is heavily represented at the enemy stop and try new one here. They can run the overall spectrum of elements and make elemental resistance and weakness applicable to stagger.

These spam bots are getting more and more advanced...

That's some Jenova Mimicry shit right there..... Wow.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
For now I can buy there being no want for "water" seeing as how we're only in Midgar but going out within the whole huge open global? Naw, water is heavily represented at the enemy stop and try new one here. They can run the overall spectrum of elements and make elemental resistance and weakness applicable to stagger.
That's... deep man

Top Bottom