• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Xenogears Dialogue Help?

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
Hello everyone,

I'm working through scanning the Xenogears: Thousands of Daggers book, which contains the entire script of the game (like FFVII's Anniversary Memorial Album), but the one part that isn't included is the dialogue from the opening movie. All told, it's about two minutes of sparse dialogue.

I'm trying to find a way to have it transcribed in Japanese and possibly translated in English if possible.

If anyone would be interested and willing to do this, I've attached an audio clip. I've tried to isolate the vocals as best as I could.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Audio Clip.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
There are many, many words in here that I don't know on account of them being sci-fi technical terms in nature. (heh, the language books don't exactly go over those) The more proficient members on TLS probably could understand them, but yeah.
To find a transcription, I wrote down the parts I could understand and used Google to track down a transcription of the full thing. It turned up on 5channel of all places, from a thread posted in 2007.
「エマージェンシーコール、レベル1発令。」 「オメガ1、再起動しています。」 

「アルパ1構成ゲノム、再構成始めました。」 

「エクソン置換確認。」

「塩基列コード8億5000…12億、すさまじいスピードです!」 

「アルパ1から中央電脳ラジエルへアクセス確認。フェイクネット展開、回避!緊急防壁、遮蔽実行、拒絶されました!」 

「広範囲にわたってパラダイム汚染進行!!艦長?」 

「手動でケーブルを切断しろ。」 

「了解。爆発ボルト使用します。爆発ボルト、パージ確認。駄目です、効果ありません!」 
「オメガ1、尚も進行中。止まりません!」 

「火器管制98%占拠!!」

「自立航行システム・ファウストへ高速言語にて干渉。位相空間ロジック書き換えられています!」 

「エルゴ領域拡大,炉心内に内部地平面形成。空間転移モードにシフトします。」

「アルパ1から転移座標コード発信を確認。座標入力されました。NZ128、EZ061。本星です!!」

「奴め、このまま侵攻するつもりか。」 

「機関室!非常制動プラグを強制注入しろ!機関室!」 
「以降のオペレーションは民間人および全乗組員の脱出シャトルへの避難を優先する。退避完了次第順次発進。これより本艦を放棄する。君たちも退去したまえ。」 
「退避命令が出されました。本艦は放棄されます。全乗員はすみやかにシャトル搭乗ゲートへ向かってください。」

Judging from what I can gather, the official English localized version of this seems fairly accurate to the original Japanese text. You could go with a transcription of the English version.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
edit before i post; i was ninja'd because i was adding translations for the technobabble (which while i know the words--some of which i know from previously studying the xenogears script--i don't know what they are referring to half the time so maybe they have more appropriate translations i couldn't find)

this is apparently from the perfect works book (found it posted here):

OP1:オメガ1、再起動しています! (Op1: Omega-1 rebooting!)
OP2:アルパ1構成ゲノム、再構成始めました。 (Op2: Alpha-1 component genome has begun reconstructing!)
OP3:エクソン置換確認! (Op3: Exon replacement confirmed!)
OP1:塩基列コード、8億5000・・・12億!凄まじいスピードです。(Op1: Base sequence code, 800,005,000... 1,200,000,000! The speed is unbelievable!)
OP2:アルパ1から中央電脳『ラジエル』へアクセス確認!フェイクネット展開・・・、回避!緊急防壁、遮断実行・・・、拒否されました! (Op2: Confirmed access from Alpha-1 to the central computer Rasiel! Deploying fake net... evaded! Emergency partition, executing cut off... it was rejected!)
OP1:広範囲にわたってパラダイム汚染侵攻!・・・艦長!? (Op1: Wide-range paradigm contamination intrusion! ... Captain!?)
艦長:手動でケーブルを切断しろ! (Captain: Cut the cables manually!)
OP1:了解!爆発ボルト使用します。・・・爆発ボルト、パージ確認!・・・駄目です!効果ありません! (Op1: Roger! Using explosive bolts... explosive bolts purge, confirmed! ... It's not good! It had no effect!)
OP2:オメガ1、尚も侵攻中!止まりません! (Op2: Omega-1 still intruding! It won't stop!)
OP3:火器管制98%占拠! (Op3: Firearms control 98% captured!)
OP2:自立航行システム『ファウスト』へ高速言語にて干渉!位相空間ロジック書き替えられています!(Op2: High-speed language interference to the auto-navigation system Faust! Phase space logic is being rewritten!)
OP1:エルゴ領域拡大、炉心内に内部地平面形成!空間転移モードにシフトします! (Op1: Ergo domain expanding, internal horizon forming in the reactor core! Shifting to warp mode!)
OP3:アルパ1から転移座標コード発信を確認!座標入力されました。NZ128、EZ061・・・本星です! (Op3: Confirmed transmission of coordinate code from Alpha-1! Coordinates entered. NZ128, EX061... It's the home planet!)
艦長:奴め・・・このまま侵攻するつもりか・・・。(Captain: Damn them, are they planning to invade like this...)

艦長:機関室!非常制動プラグを強制注入しろ!・・・機関室!!・・・グッ・・・ (Captain: Engine room! Force inject the emergency brake plug! ... Engine room!!)

艦長:以降のオペレーションは民間人、および全乗組員の脱出シャトルへの避難を優先する。退避完了次第順次発進!これより本艦を放棄する。・・・君たちも・・・退去したまえ・・・。(Captain: All further operations will focus on evacuating civilians and all crew to the escape shuttles. Launch as soon as the evacuation is complete! I am abandoning the ship. All of you, withdraw as well...)

-退艦命令が出されました。本艦は放棄されます。全乗組員は速やかにシャトル搭乗ゲートへ向かって下さい・・・(The order to leave ship has been issued. This ship will be abandoned. All crew please head immediately to the shuttle boarding gates...)

there was what i assume is a slight typo in that transcript (館長 was written instead of 艦長), although without seeing the perfect works page directly i don't know if they meant for it to say 館長 and it's just the script being quirky. but given the context of the scene 艦長 makes more sense so i changed it to that.

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
Oh wow. That's very helpful! Thank you!

I remember the translator saying that the English dubbing was complete before he got to it, so there's the line that the Captain says, "Damn, so they're planning on attacking." that doesn't make sense: 「奴め、このまま侵攻するつもりか。」

But thank you, this helps so much!

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
Amazing! Thank you! Strangelove!

I have Perfect Works (though I can't read it). I'd try to find the scene, but I don't even really know where to look in it. There doesn't look like there's any scripted lines to my knowledge. Xenounderground has good scans of the book if anyone's interested.

But thank you again so much! This will be really helpful with Thousands of Daggers. I'll let you know when I'm done scanning if you'd like.

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
I thought I'd add this from the Digicube Game Guide that I just got a copy of and OCR'd

Contextually, I think “それ” is probably referring to Deus here.
This line feels out of place though: "宇宙船という母の胎内で、 “それ” は生まれ、目覚め、走り出した。"

一万年前の閃光 ―
“神”と “ヒト” が生まれた日

静かに宇宙を行く巨大な船は、その腹に多くの民間人を飲み込んだ異形の “方船” である。
鈍色の光沢を放ち、虚無の闇を 優雅に滑るその船の内部は、 すでに平和ではなかった。

「エマージェンシー・コール、レベル1発令。」
「オメガ・ワン、再起動しています。」
「エクソン置換、剥離。」
「H列コード、8億5千、12億、凄まじいスピードです!」

宇宙船という母の胎内で、 “それ” は生まれ、目覚め、走り出した。

「集中防壁、遮断実行…拒絶されました。」
「手動で経路を切断しろ。」

“それ” は、走り続ける。

「爆発ボルト、パージ確認。ダメです、 効果ありません!」
「オメガ・ワン、なおも進行中。」
「止まりません、核回路98%占拠!」
「奴め、このまま進行するつもりか…」

目の前に、無数に浮かび上がる赤い言葉。
"You shall be as gods."

「…民間人及び全乗組員の 脱出シャトルへの避難を優先する。退避完了次第、順次発進。これより本艦を…放棄する。」

しかし、船はもはや船ではなく、 “それ” そのものだった。
撃ち落とされる脱出シャトル。
船体を喰い破る巨大なパイプ。
船の主は最後の刻を悟り…。
船は激しい閃光を幾つも放ち、 眼下に広がる蒼き惑星に墜ちていった。

“彼女” はゆっくりと立ち上がり、インディゴブルーの瞳に、墜ちて行く光を映す。
“彼女” は瞳と同じ色の、長い、長い髪をたなびかせて、 “神” と “ヒト” の最初の朝をむかえた。

ある賢者は、地の底で言う。
人間(ヒト)は一万年の昔、この大地に “突然” 現われたのだと。

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i wonder if that is based on an earlier draft of the script, since some parts (like エクソン置換、剥離。or H列コード) don't really sound like what i hear in the audio

although if you were to take that one into account as well, it uses 'advance [forward]' (進行) instead of 'invade'

This line feels out of place though: "宇宙船という母の胎内で、 “それ” は生まれ、目覚め、走り出した。"
what feels out of place to you?

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
i wonder if that is based on an earlier draft of the script, since some parts (like エクソン置換、剥離。or H列コード) don't really sound like what i hear in the audio

although if you were to take that one into account as well, it uses 'advance [forward]' (進行) instead of 'invade'

what feels out of place to you?
I think part of it is that it's a bit of narration that interrupts the dialogue in a strange place (to me), of course not helped by auto translate.

Contextually I'm guessing it means something like, "It"'s mother's womb was the spaceship itself, and from her, "It" was born, awakened, and began to run."

Is that close?

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
That text on the right is just a fun conversation where Tolone explains all of the jargon to Seraphita, like “genome” or “paradigm contamination.” I knew I wasn’t alone in not understanding them :monster:

Do you need this exchange translated as well? Though, I’d also be happy to just leave this to Strangelove if they’ve already got it handled.

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
That text on the right is just a fun conversation where Tolone explains all of the jargon to Seraphita, like “genome” or “paradigm contamination.” I knew I wasn’t alone in not understanding them :monster:

Do you need this exchange translated as well? Though, I’d also be happy to just leave this to Strangelove if they’ve already got it handled.

As much as I'd love that, it's okay. You all have been incredibly helpful already. I can cross reference whatever terms they're using through other sources if need be.

Now if they'd ever release Perfect Works in English...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i found that really helpful to understand basically what was going on, even if it did touch on the workings of black holes which i don't understand because i have but a simple mind. since i found it interesting these are the explanations for the terms it mentions minus being formatted like a dialogue (except explosive bolt and purge, which are a kind of forced separation device using explosives, and to purge means to use explosive bolts or the like to remove parts. oops i guess i did explain that too)

Genome:
Genome is a set of chromosome. Alpha 1 is a biochip, so Alpha's chromosomal composition changing means that with Omega 1 having restarted Alpha 1 (=Elehayym) transforms into Omega 1 (=Deus control mode).

Paradigm contamination:
The paradigm is like the OS on a computer, so 'paradigm contamination' is basically the OS itself being hacked and altering.

Ergo domain, internal horizon:
A domain where due to the rotation of a black hole particles cannot stabilise, which is formed outside the event horizon. The event horizon is the domain where even light cannot escape due to the black hole's supergravity. The internal horizon is like a type of passage made in the black hole's event horizon.

'Ergo domain expanding' means an entrance forms and widens, and 'internal horizon formation' means a tunnel that can be passed through is created.

serve4x

Rookie Adventurer
i found that really helpful to understand basically what was going on, even if it did touch on the workings of black holes which i don't understand because i have but a simple mind. since i found it interesting these are the explanations for the terms it mentions minus being formatted like a dialogue (except explosive bolt and purge, which are a kind of forced separation device using explosives, and to purge means to use explosive bolts or the like to remove parts. oops i guess i did explain that too)

Genome:
Genome is a set of chromosome. Alpha 1 is a biochip, so Alpha's chromosomal composition changing means that with Omega 1 having restarted Alpha 1 (=Elehayym) transforms into Omega 1 (=Deus control mode).

Paradigm contamination:
The paradigm is like the OS on a computer, so 'paradigm contamination' is basically the OS itself being hacked and altering.

Ergo domain, internal horizon:
A domain where due to the rotation of a black hole particles cannot stabilise, which is formed outside the event horizon. The event horizon is the domain where even light cannot escape due to the black hole's supergravity. The internal horizon is like a type of passage made in the black hole's event horizon.

'Ergo domain expanding' means an entrance forms and widens, and 'internal horizon formation' means a tunnel that can be passed through is created.

Top Bottom