Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sephrioth's kit was just reworked in JP. To make a long story short... he has AoE now on Fervent Blow and his debuff is unclensable. He also has an interesting stacking effect where it increases how much BRV he steals by a percentage (30% at max stacks!) and an increase to how much HP damage he does (flat 10% increase to all HP damage). And he gets a lot of "increase BRV based on ATTK" before many of his skills, with BRV refunds after almost all his HP attacks... which now hit at least three times.

Which won't be coming to Global for a while... but do know he will be getting a lot better eventually.

Granted... I run a lot of BRV battery supports, which is exactly what he needs to be decent even in the current meta... so my main complaint is that I keep hitting his mBRV cealing too quickly...

Reno decided to do what Lightning did... dropped his entire suite of weapons in less than 100 tickets... I'm now having issues getting enough duplicate weapons to get Limit Break Orbs... which is at least a better problem to have than getting no weapon drops...

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Sephrioth's kit was just reworked in JP. To make a long story short... he has AoE now on Fervent Blow and his debuff is unclensable. He also has an interesting stacking effect where it increases how much BRV he steals by a percentage (30% at max stacks!) and an increase to how much HP damage he does (flat 10% increase to all HP damage). And he gets a lot of "increase BRV based on ATTK" before many of his skills, with BRV refunds after almost all his HP attacks... which now hit at least three times.

His rework is fantastic but I'm still not currently on board with Seph, it'll be months before his rework reaches us and right now I really need to hope I can get Cloud with more limited resources and still be able to get Cecil some 2/3 months later but on another note did you see Tidus' rework with the release of his LD and Burst? Holy crap they done good there and also Rosa's LD! I love it i've been using her lately in content and I just purpled her recently as well, I'll definitely be going for her LD down the line.

Reno decided to do what Lightning did... dropped his entire suite of weapons in less than 100 tickets... I'm now having issues getting enough duplicate weapons to get Limit Break Orbs... which is at least a better problem to have than getting no weapon drops...

I like his kit and I'm glad I went for it but I feel ya on the limit break orbs until recently I went through a period where I had no orbs whatsoever to level the weapons, I was lucky with the weapons but lacked the resources to max them and its frustrating when that happens.

Reno's event i'm finding it easier now i've figured out you can't just go ham on the damage that was my problem with it, I didn't strategise properly but now I'm figuring out better the right time to delay and stun between the HP thresholds so that friggin mist doesn't sap you for ages so its much better, still yet to attempt Lufenia though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I will... Never be a memory. :monster:

I just now need to get his Burst and not pity it like I did Lightning's lol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I got Reno’s LD from the first ticket after the free draw ??

Now what the hell is an LD??

LD stands for Limited Weapon. It's the new weapon tier introduced. You get them to learn a new key skill for characters that's usually really good. However, Limited Skills have a hard limit of uses that cannot be made free or reused.

Unless you are Bursting.

Limited Skills usually bestow a long lasting buff that makes up for their limited use so yeah. They're important. The draw rate for an LD is the rate EX Weapons used to have. EX Weapons are now easier to pull from banners. So congrats, lol

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I also got very lucky with the Rude banner, full kit in both free pulls and 30 tickets.

The announcement has some really great incoming stuff!

After Cloud, P.Cecil is my next goal!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Where did you hear the LD is dropping tomorrow?

Its meant to be during the anniversary it drops.

Dark Cecil's LD is dropping tomorrow with his rework but that not an exclusive.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah the new LD is Dark Cecil's which I'm excited for anyways because anything FFIV related is my jam

They're not gonna release a Global exclusive LD and not hype it, its definitely meant to be over the anni its released.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Interesting how Yuna gets a BT with her LD, but Serah didn't. Tidus doesn't have either of them. I've seen people speculate he's our LD. Just watch it turn out to be Cait S

You're wrong on that one about Tidus!

Tidus has his BT and LD released already in JP and he's gone from awful to a top damage dealer the global forcast already shows that as well his pics have both LD and BT Icon if you weren't following JP.

Serah I think its a given she will receive a BT in the future for having her own game along with a desperately needed rework for her LD its no big deal that she didn't get a BT first though, Emperor, Ultimecia and Garland had their LDs before their BT releases. Ex-Death as well currently is with LD only its probably a good thing to be honest she didn't get it when she got her LD as shes very disappointing and the worst released LD currently.

I was disappointed they released Yuna's before they even released Zidane who as a main title character is yet to still be released for both, while she has her own game. For that reason its also speculated that Zack and Vincent will also get BT releases, because of their own Spin off I would prefer they finished the main ones first before the main characters for the spin off games. I.e X-2 XIII-2

My thoughts however are the LD may be Zack as he's popular, possibly Rem as one of the original OO characters but she needs a good rework and Rydia seems to be getting a lot of love from people.

Who i'd really like is either Kain or Balthier whoever it ends up being at any rate and for the anniversary info I'm excited!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Absolutely psyched for The Leading Man! I've had him purpled for ages now as well because well, its Balthier still use him on a regular basis for fun content! That LD weapon's is really something! My only gripe is they aren't reworking the rest of his Kit but heck i'll take that one for that LD!

Welp guess I've gotta eat into my tickets now as i'm still keeping Gems for P.Cecil.

Lots to look forward to over the anni!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So Divine Illusions is interesting, you only need 1 team to plow through and while a bit grindy you don't need books or anything as the points you get are for Diablos itself and based on how many synergy characters you bring and if you have a mog card active

Its a cosmos battle as well so not difficult just a bit longer. Heck of a lot of rewards I thinks there's 100 of both nuggets and 400 tickets and 40K gems!

My way of deciding to do it was bring 2 synergy characters Machina who is fully mastered bar artifacts (his Ld board really ramped up the damaged) and Maria and bring Kuja for extra damage as i'm not pulling for Ramza's LD or BT because of Balthier and P.Cecil coming up its giving me based on rank and an active mog card about 2200 pts a run. Its about 225K to master the boards in total so thats about 100 runs which isnt too hard over the 2 weeks the event is on.

I will say having an active mog card does benefit as it increases the points you get during this but it is still very doable without it and the rewards for the boards are permanent so can go back to it.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Apologies for the triple post but.....Well Shit!!

Screenshot_20210128-080407_Reddit.jpg

Zidane is finally coming to JP! Along with the BT+ Era and Lufenia + Era.

You need a new type of book to awaken and new type of nuggets to make the ingot needed to MLB to awaken a BT weapon, pages are given out during events and, nuggets are reached by completing Lufenia+ content.

Awakening a BT allows you do the burst finisher (the way bursts are when you use a friend burst unit) and have the after ability active! Effectively giving you two times to use Burst.

I wondering if you can convert a dupe burst into a book, that's something I didnt see mentioned in the reddit post

Big news though, guess after Cecil and Terra its gonna be some major saving to be ready for Zidane. I know this isn't going to be necessary to complete content BUT for Zidane at least when he's released i'll probably go full whale mode for him.

LD shop is coming but apparently its paid content only which kinda sucks for anyone who is f2p but missed an LD the first time around.

This btw is all coming for JPs anniversary. They're about 9 months ahead of us in terms of content but I have a feeling this will be our anniversary content next year too.

Edit: in my excitement I forgot to mention Cid Raines is also joining

Edit: I keep editing because I don't wanna keep posting but it took 273 tickets it took to get Bathier's LD,

The leading man certainly drives a hard bargin!

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Penelo's LD is sadly eluding me didn't drop after 345 tickets and i'm currently out, i can't spend Gems too close to Cecil's banner I still have Guy's summon boards, so i'm sorta hoping she might drop using the ticket's from those but otherwise apart from the hope on the free daily and the two tickets per daily hunt this may be one that gets away.

Ultimecia's BT dropped on her free multi-pull which is great I had her fully kitted prior to that but I actually wasn't planning on pulling her banner because I don't need her BT its a welcome addition but in typical gacha style the weapon I really wasted won't drop and the one I didn't want did immediately.

Was bound to happen sooner or later everything I've aimed for has dropped pretty quickly so I'm not too bummed out with it I guess.

EDIT: FINALLY! Jack's LC gave me more tickets and the first one I used dropped her LD! Tickets from Guys summon boards and the other events didnt work so if I hadn't got it here then that was going to be it. All in all I think it took 450ish tickets to finally drop!

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems

Sorry for all the posts, but what do you suppose this is gonna be?

Lots of rumours that Vincent is getting an LD/BT as a global first as it looks like Chaos! If it is that, thats really cool although unlike Balthier I'm not as interested in Vincent so i'd be quite happy to bypass him but its still really cool if Global gets another first LD or BT.

Also rumours that its a monster, looks like Elvoret to coincide with FFVIII's 22nd anniversary. So possibly an FF8 abyss event?

The community manager for DFFOO has also said this is one to hype up on the discord apparently! Whereas when Sephrioth's BT was released they gave us free stickers as surprise gift and they warned when notice came not to get over hyped. So it must be something really exciting, also makes sense as Jacks LC came overlapping Caius and kinda left about 7-8 days with a break from content.

Im going to try and attempt some more DE content this week in prep for DE20, I hear there's a lot of rewards depending in how many youve completed so I'd like to give it a shot I have 3 done so far!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I do too, thanks to all the recent content we've had brought my gems up to snuff, if I wanted to i'd be able to go all in for his banner if thats the case but i've other priorities so i'm happy to skip, I do have him maxed with everything else mind.

I've been lucky to not have to pity anything I've really wanted so far so I don't want to go down that Route for Cecil in March. I don't quite have enough BT tokens yet to exchange for his burst, I should do by the time Terra comes along and after that I might be on a major saving spree for when Zidane's BT drops in Global.

Top Bottom