FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Now that I’ve had time to digest the Dirge of Yuffie DLC a little. She looks engaging in combat, and it looks like they might have fixed in air combat.

She's dang fast, and does seem to have a great air combo. I don't know if this means they will fix Cloud and Tifa, who are the "problem" aerial combatants. But, won't this problem solve itself once Yuffie joins our team? A party of Yuffie, Barret, and Aeris will have no problem against aerial enemies.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I think Cloud and Tifa were purposefully stunted in midair combat so Barret and Aerith would remain useful. These are the same guys who made KH2, they know how to make an aerial combo system. FF7R just isn't that kind of game. Yuffie's probably the exception here because you ONLY play as her in this episode from the looks of it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
View attachment 9238

The weirdest thing about this was that I had been randomly thinking about Yuffie last night, pretty intensely, like I hadn’t done in a really long time. Then I went to bed and took my phone for a casual Facebook scroll before sleeping, and there she was in the first post, looking at me all glorious and defiant. “Missed me, bitch?” How Yuffie of her to completely ruin my sleep. <3

Also, sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I just realized they found a 2021 way to make her somewhat optional, lel

It's funny to me because yesterday I spent a good god damn 15-30 minutes trying to get her during my OG replay LOL. I was like "braaaaaaaaaaaat where are youuuuu" hahaha.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It gives me "boring new guy that is totally going to die sacrificing himself" vibes.

Immediately same, which would not be to my taste at all. Yuffie's role in the old game is to be a distrustful sneak, someone you know is going to catch you unawares. Giving her a dying guy to monologue over is... an odd choice to make as a prologue to that story. On the other hand, if the monologue was "Nooo! Why did it have to be you, Sor...mar? Solomon? Oh whatever."

Bias alert: my old fanfic gave Yuffie a sob backstory, I found on reflection that it didn't suit her, and threw the old draft away. I'm not saying it could never be done well, but it's not to my taste.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I know most people already realized this, but
Ddt5SiB.jpg

v2scsor7ipj61.jpg

Squeenix in here with the refrance

The inclusion of Deepground and Weiss is only the second-most shocking part of this DLC to me.

The part that shocks me the most is how intensely green Yuffie's turtleneck is. It's like if Kylo Ren had entered Square's offices, stood behind the person handling the slider for the color intensity of Yuffie's turtleneck and just shouted "MORE! MORE!!!"

I am here for it 100%. It's like a middle-finger to every design out there that mutes the colors in an attempt to "look cool and realistic" but here they go full ham with the color intensity, exactly the way I feel it should be in the FF7-verse.

I really, really like how green Yuffie's turtleneck is. :wacky:

As expected Weiss has a new English voice actor. Thankfully I can go to the Japanese trailer and confirm the JP actor is still the same. Really hits the nostalgia nerve to hear this "new" Weiss dialogue in the original Japanese voice.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The part that shocks me the most is how intensely green Yuffie's turtleneck is. It's like if Kylo Ren had entered Square's offices, stood behind the person handling the slider for the color intensity of Yuffie's turtleneck and just shouted "MORE! MORE!!!"

I am here for it 100%. It's like a middle-finger to every design out there that mutes the colors in an attempt to "look cool and realistic" but here they go full ham with the color intensity, exactly the way I feel it should be in the FF7-verse.

I really, really like how green Yuffie's turtleneck is. :wacky:
We've come a long way from THIS
Yuffie-Anniversary.jpg

goddamn big images
Goddamn 2000's grey.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
More processing of Dirge of Yuffie... random thoughts...

Her design is fine although I'm not keen on the Moogle outfit. Also, she looks older. But, she looks good.

The anime gesticulations irritate me, there is something grating about her... I feel like she is going to grate on me.

Why does she sound like Jessie at times in English? Have they recycled the VA?

More broadly, I kinda liked her appearing as this random kid who you don't really know much about who robs you in the woods. I think I'd have preferred her to be introduced in that way and then introduced her background more slowly, similar to how she worked in OG but more fleshed out. This way her background is basically given from the get go.

Reactions: Wol

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
So Weiss isn't the main antagonist of the episode then. Who will be? JOHNNY.
giphy.gif

I can't say I'm happy with the DLC being exclusive to the PS5 version, given that I finally bought a PS4 just for Remake.
Same. Literally, the process went like this:
1 - Remake release date announced.
2 - Bought a PS4 pro.

Now I gotta do the same BS with a PS5? Bullhonky, I say! *grumble, grumble*

Also, all this talk of Weiss/Deepground/other DoC references go right over my head... I never played Dirge.

I never finished CC either, I just watched some summary videos.

...and I never replayed remake on hard mode.
IdolizedNegativeAnole-small.gif

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I guess that's how Ever Crisis finds it's audience lol

Quick and somewhat "acessible" way to experience most of the Compilation (if not a bit more).

Same. Literally, the process went like this:
1 - Remake release date announced.
2 - Bought a PS4 pro.

Now I gotta do the same BS with a PS5? Bullhonky, I say! *grumble, grumble*
Yep, it is kinda dickish. That's sort of the problem that end-of-life-cycle games have. It's easy work to get some nice new cash from the upcoming console. Companies gotta be companies I guess.

But the free upgrade does bring a smile to my face something right. I remember how bs the Insomniac Spider Man Remastered situation was.

Top Bottom