• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

Here's something I've been meaning to ask:

Once I beat FF7R and dedicate a thread to it, doing my whole live/semi-live reaction thing, would anybody be interested if I continue to do that for other past FF games?

I'm definitely gonna get to VIII, IX and X/X-2, and I really want to play VI given how well it's received. I might get to XV if I feel like it.

D

Deleted member 13557

Pretty much it goes like this:
-Thousands of years ago, a shapeshifting alien thing crashes into the planet.
-Kills off almost all of the Cetra.
-Cetra manage to put it into stasis.
-~30 years before FF7, Jenova is discovered, mistakenly believed to be a Cetra
-Inject soldiers and fetuses with cells to try to make a Cetra-human hybrid (doesn't work obviously)
-Jenova cells make everyone who has it super-soldiers. Sephiroth especially, because he was injected with it while still in the womb. (There's a certain cave you should look for *cough*)
-Main Jenova entity still dormant throughout all this.
-Cloud and Sephiroth go to Nibelheim, Seph discovers research logs that give him false info ("I'm a Cetra")
-Superiority_Complex.exe
-Kills everyone in Nibelheim, goes to reactor to free "mother"
-Cloud throws Seph into lifestream
-Sephiroth floats through lifestream, but can't be absorbed because of his Jenova cells.
-Sits long enough in lifestream to learn the truth of everything
-Decides to use Jenova to control its cells and destroy planet, giving him the ability to absorb planet's power when it tries to fight off meteor and become a god
-Has ability to exert influence over anyone who has Jenova cells in their body (all the clones and Cloud)
-Tells all their cells to make their way to north crater (where Sephiroth is)
-Cloud essentially does the same thing, but doesn't realize he's being manipulated until it's too late
Going through this thread again to relive my first FF7 experience. What a great refresher this is, lol.

Indy88

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Indy88
My guy, I didn't even have an account but had to comment. Reading your playthrough has hit the nostalgia hard. It's been a long time, life is so very different now with jobs, bills and the stresses of everyday life. But reading your story transformed me back to that 16 year old without a care in the world playing this for the first time and feeling the magic of it. Thanks to you I have just started the game again. Where have 15 years gone, eh? Life has passed by but this game and music still hits hard

D

Deleted member 13557

I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year.

I initially wrote up quite the essay, but I think the gist of it is this game is awfully special and is something I wish I experienced earlier. I never completed my 3rd playthrough as I started on FF IX, but I’m now on a new save, and I’m running it back once again.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year.

I initially wrote up quite the essay, but I think the gist of it is this game is awfully special and is something I wish I experienced earlier. I never completed my 3rd playthrough as I started on FF IX, but I’m now on a new save, and I’m running it back once again.

Masterpieces are masterpieces whenever you experience them. Frankenstein is one of the best works of horror, and many of us still haven’t read it. I’m really glad you found this special piece of art, and a community of fellow needs to celebrate it with. Happy one year! (I celebrate on Jan 4, the day I first put Disc 1 into my brother’s abandoned PS1 and fired it on up).

Top Bottom