• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

AKA
Alex
Man, I'm late to the party on this one.

XV's Pocket Edition was episodic too, though. The first chapter was free and the remaining nine could be purchased separately or together.

That's my thought as well -- that with the initial release of this game, it would be a free title with a handful of chapters to pick from:

1) Bombing Mission (Chap. 1): Everyone probably knows it by now, but it's integrating art/assets that largely already exist. Further chapters in the 7OG story (scaled down into chapters) have to be purchased.

2) Before Crisis (either all or summary): Based on already-existing material that was tailored to mobile devices, with some concessions/new models for in-combat situations (reuse the Turks et al.)

3) Crisis Core (Chap. 1): Again, reusing existing material and adapting/scaling it down. I could see this being multiple chapters/DLC -- S-E knows how big a character Zack is.

(And if they're really feeling feisty, add in DoC Lost Episode, reworked and finally available on major platforms)

Anything else beyond that is DLC, and gets rolled into a unified storyline, potentially covering everything, so that new players can quickly roll through scenarios to understand story beats easier. What I'm confused about is the Sephiroth chapter; is that going to involve art/combat assets specifically made for this game? Is it rolling in the Sephiroth model from the Remake?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm oddly excited for this. I have a great need for consistency, and that's one thing the Compilation is not. A project like this will won't just bring the titles together narratively, but aesthetically as well. Not to mention the ease of access. If the game is decent, it'll be great to say to someone "Oh you're interested in FFVII? Give Ever Crisis a try, you'll be caught up in no time." I'm doubtful it'll contain "the entire story" as is currently advertised (even stuff like Yuffie's pagoda challenge!?), but I expect it to serve as a great digest.

And I can't understate the importance of that. BC is unplayable, CC and DC are stranded on "your Dad's" platforms. Even if they were remastered, their gameplay didn't exactly light a fire in player's hearts. They basically require remakes of their own at this point, especially if they want to reach the bar set by Remake.

Plus, I'm not about to acquire less responsibilities in life. I might only have time for mobile gaming as I get older. To have this entire world in my pocket is super appealing.

So far this project is a slam dunk to me.

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm oddly excited for this. I have a great need for consistency, and that's one thing the Compilation is not. A project like this will won't just bring the titles together narratively, but aesthetically as well. Not to mention the ease of access. If the game is decent, it'll be great to say to someone "Oh you're interested in FFVII? Give Ever Crisis a try, you'll be caught up in no time." I'm doubtful it'll contain "the entire story" as is currently advertised (even stuff like Yuffie's pagoda challenge!?), but I expect it to serve as a great digest.

And I can't understate the importance of that. BC is unplayable, CC and DC are stranded on "your Dad's" platforms. Even if they were remastered, their gameplay didn't exactly light a fire in player's hearts. They basically require remakes of their own at this point, especially if they want to reach the bar set by Remake.

Plus, I'm not about to acquire less responsibilities in life. I might only have time for mobile gaming as I get older. To have this entire world in my pocket is super appealing.

So far this project is a slam dunk to me.
tenor.gif

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
This better give us some sort of End of Cetra: The Jenova Adventures game or FF7 won't ever be complete.
I want my classic mildly medieval style FF7 fun.
But that would be the perfect excuse to set up the Jenoverse.

Jenova is only in her early years, we still know nothing about her mom and sisters. I think two mobile titles and a CGI Netflix series will take care of that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Don't know how to feel about this tbh. On one hand, the story and it's characters are free. On the other, my latest experience with Genshin traumatised me for Gacha more than I already was, and could have ever thought I would be. I guess it depends on how much the gacha items are gonna be necessary?

I would guess it'll be like Dissidia Opera Omnia. Equipment being the gacha is way WAY preferable to characters. I found that game is pretty playable without paying for anything, but I only got so far, you'd have to ask the people that are deeper into it.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I would guess it'll be like Dissidia Opera Omnia. Equipment being the gacha is way WAY preferable to characters. I think that game is pretty playable without paying for anything, but I only got so far, you'd have to ask the people that are deeper into it.

I second this. Opera Omnia never gets stingy or overly frustrating. It’s a small and entertaining part of the gameplay loop for me, like that slot machine from Super Mario 3.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Opera Omnia is hands-down the fairest "gacha" game I've ever played. It gives you more than enough free "premium currency" from just playing the game to field a more than serviceable team for 95% of the content. And the stuff you have a harder time doing... you'll probably have had enough power-creep to tackle in a few months.

The mechanics of Opera Omnia are also deep enough that you need more than just the last round of new weapons to actually get anywhere with it. You'll get a lot further by becoming very familiar with how your favorite characters skills interact and focusing on them than you'll get if you keep chasing the latest released weapon. So long as you keep playing Opera Omnia and are smart about how you spend the "premium currency" you accumulate, you'll do just fine and won't spend any money.

So if Ever Crisis goes that route, I'll be very happy with it.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I'm pretty sure that アイテム課金型 is just Japanese nomenclature for "microtransactions" or "in-app purchases" (which is what the EN site says) which will most likely be paid chapters, just like FFXV Pocket Edition.

Nothing about this looks like a gacha game. Aerith and the summons are most likely only in the battle for demonstration purposes.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm pretty sure that's just Japanese nomenclature for "in-app purchases" (which is what the EN site says) which will most likely be paid chapters, just like FFXV Pocket Edition.

Nothing about this looks like a gacha game. Aerith and the summons are most likely only in the battle for demonstration purposes.

That was my thinking as well, that the app is free but you purchase episodes within the app. The Aeris vs. Guard Scorpion is likely a dev thing (and a nod to the PS1 demo) or it could be teasing a Hard Mode where you can build a combat party that isn't necessarily there in the story.

In conjunction with the Genesis talk in the Yuffie DLC thread, I just realized a huge positive with the Ever Crisis version of CC, assuming they stay with the direction of including limited- or no voice acting: Genesis will be silent in this version. He'll still have speech bubbles, yes, but we won't actually have to listen to his ramblings. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom